Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins | Team to release Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 14, 2008, 01:15:36 PM

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have informed LB Zach Thomas that they will release him Thursday,

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 14, 2008, 01:19:01 PM

Sucks for Thomas... not really a shocker though. I wonder if 99 really wants out of miami now that this has happened lol... id imagine he is kinda pissed...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 14, 2008, 01:23:16 PM

well, what about Thomas, Taylor in place of Spires, Carter and Trotter

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 14, 2008, 01:26:06 PM

well, what about Thomas, Taylor in place of Spires, Carter and Trotter

doubt thomas would come here to be inactive all season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : February 14, 2008, 01:26:28 PM

RETIRE!!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 14, 2008, 01:27:39 PM

Id love to have Taylor move across the state, but Bill Parcells and the staff he's assembled know he is too important to let go of. The man is getting older and he still plays like he is in his prime.  

Thomas would be a good back up but im not sure he fits in the system. Then again Trotter didnt really fit and we signed him, so who knows. Always good tohave good vets in the locker room for vet minimum and insurance, if nothing else.

Heres some more speculation from PFT:
FINS WHACK ZACH

In the clearest sign yet that these aren't your father's Dolphins, the team will release linebacker Zach Thomas, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

The 12-year veteran appeared in only five games last season, due in large part to a couple of concussions, one of which was sustained in an automobile accident.

Glazer reports that Thomas plans to keep playing.  Our first guess?  He'll land in New England, where he'd actually reduce the average age of their starting linebackers.

Thomas was signed through 2008, at a base salary of $5.65 million.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 14, 2008, 02:35:24 PM

wow

we could sure use more old guys here

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 14, 2008, 03:31:48 PM

my 1st thought was... he's gonna go to New England.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 14, 2008, 03:34:58 PM

to win he thinks a given sb ring? LOL poor jr. seau
brooks has a ring while he doesn't.. at least buc fans can brag about something

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#9 : February 14, 2008, 04:36:56 PM

Wow, Zach Thomas was the face of their franchise. :o  That would be like the Bucs releasing Brooks.  Dolphins fans must be so mad right now.  This will be a PR nightmare for the Dolphins.  I wonder if he is going to retire.  He was hurt most of the season.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 14, 2008, 04:39:43 PM

Well since there getting rid of everything, maybe they should just let Jason Taylor go too....

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 14, 2008, 04:43:17 PM

Gotta let em go sometime. They need a youth movement in Miami, they need to start fresh. Don't be suprised if Parcells trades out of the first pick to stock pile some picks for his team. He could drop down to about 8-10 pick up a couple picks and even a player of value to him and still have his first round choice.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 14, 2008, 04:45:38 PM

I wonder what the sentiment in Miami is. The Tampa media would skewer the Bucs for a similar move.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 14, 2008, 05:17:52 PM

i broke the news to 3 of my boys that are Dolphins fans. All 3 were very angry that their franchise guy is being released. They said he's earned the right to stay on that team till he retires.

2 of em said if they do the same to Taylor that they'll never root for the Dolphins again.

I get the feeling they're a little unhappy with the Dolphins as of lately.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 14, 2008, 06:22:49 PM

The Dolphin fans will be up in arms about this.  All 12 of them.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins | Team to release Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools