Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU admits to being cheats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 34

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: February 22, 2008, 05:22:31 PM

Trash?  odd term...  While I don't think the gators run a clean program, I don't think they are trash. Although seeing some of their fan base, I guess you could make that observation. (not the ones that actually attended UF)

You have called the Gators trash many times.  Don't act like you haven't

And, we should all aspire to run such a clean program like Florida State.

Wouldn't it be nice to have such a 4 year streak against UM?  Too bad UF lacks the nads to play them every year.

You have been proven wrong on that front many times...no use for me to try again.

Miami and Florida play week 2 this year.  It should be fun.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 14, 2008, 08:29:12 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7797364/FSU-puts-teams-on-probation-for-cheating

Wow -- way to duck the onslaught the NCAA would have imposed. Runole did all those casting of stones at other programs finally catch up to yours-- those in glass houses and all....

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 14, 2008, 08:34:31 PM

yea did anyone here that one of florida's lb got caught cheating on test? but again we always talk bad about FSU

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 14, 2008, 09:07:47 PM

yea did anyone here that one of florida's lb got caught cheating on test? but again we always talk bad about FSU

another quality post by the most intelligent man around.

nevermind that 20 somethin FSU football players got caught cheating. You're right. 1 UF player is a much bigger deal.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 14, 2008, 11:15:49 PM

::)

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 14, 2008, 11:22:32 PM

Geez... the whole "my schools program is cleaner than yours" argument.  Ugh.  What a joke.

All of these programs are corrupt.  Just not all of them get caught. 

Show me a clean football program and I'll show you an honest politician.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 14, 2008, 11:33:00 PM

Geez... the whole "my schools program is cleaner than yours" argument.  Ugh.  What a joke.

All of these programs are corrupt.  Just not all of them get caught. 

Show me a clean football program and I'll show you an honest politician.

Who said that Snook?  Nobody here said that the Gators don't have any cheaters.  One of your fellow FSU fans is the one that brought up that one LB cheated...and I wouldn't take that moron's word for anything.

But, even you have to admit that FSU's wrong-doing was pretty deep, and deeper than any other school in a long time.  To their credit, they have appropriately fired the ones who were in the wrong.  Kudos to FSU.

It will be interesting to see what else they have put themselves on probation for...besides the loss of scholarships.

But no Gator fan here has acted like FSU is only ones to have people that cheat.  We all know it goes on everywhere.  Athletes or not.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 14, 2008, 11:39:26 PM

I wasn't saying anyone said that, Biggs.  Sorry if it read that way.  But that's what these threads always lead to...

I'm just sick of reading (here and other places) Gator fans bashing FSU for their "dirty" program.  When in reality, neither program is any cleaner than the other.  I know you're not like that.  You're a very reasonable Gator fan.  Its just the idiots I'm tired of.  And FSU has their share of idiots as well. 

That being said, I think FSU has handled this VERY well (so we agree).

And I don't think any more probation will be put in place - or should be put in place.  Cutting scholarships is punishment enough these days... especially in today's landscape with tighter scholarship limits, etc.   Gone are the bans from post-season play, etc.  The NCAA hasn't done that in years...  Alabama, in their most recent NCAA probation, didn't even get that.  Cutting of scholarships hits hard.  And kudos to FSU for doing so.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 14, 2008, 11:44:31 PM

The FSU spokesman implied that the "probation" meant more than the loss of scholarships.  I could be wrong about that, but I thought that the spokesman said that there would be more.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 15, 2008, 12:03:21 AM

I didn't get that from anything that I read.  I can't imagine anything worse than the scholarship penalty.  Like I said, in today's college landscape, scholarships are everything.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 15, 2008, 03:23:07 PM

Self- imposed sanctions... Novel concept.. Has UF or UM ever done this?

JMO but all this over an elective music course is a bit over -reactive IMO however it certainly can't be said that FSU tried to bury anything.. 

Heck, even gator homer Bianchi praises FSU... Of course with the obligatory to bs concerning the "footlocker" with no mention of Tank Black..    Will Bianchi ever do a piece on UF's academic standards it holds its athletes to?

Link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi1508feb15,0,648403.column

You truly are worthless.

Hey Snook...it's your fellow Seminoles, Fresh and BornaRunole, who are bringing the other schools in this conversation...not Gator fans.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 15, 2008, 03:49:54 PM

Coming from a gator fan I take that is the ultimate compliment.  Think UF doesn't have the same crap going on with course offered their Student? athletes.  Only difference FSU self reported theirs.

Yeah, Athletic Departments all over the country are helping their students cheat.  You are so smart.  If only the NCAA had you to bust every college, especially those Gators.

BornaRunole at his finest.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 15, 2008, 04:49:58 PM

Whatever makes you feel better about your beloved Seminoles.

It was a fricken music class that means nothing...  Every school has such courses..  Did you go to UF?  Are you saying there weren't courses designed to raise your GPA with little if any effort?

If the class was so easy, why would they need to cheat?  Have you been to college?  Do you know what a Music History class is?  They don't just sit around and listen to music.

But like I said, whatever makes you feel better.  You can think every athletic department in country gives out answers if you want to.  I would expect nothing less from BornaRunole.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 15, 2008, 05:13:20 PM

Hey Snook...it's your fellow Seminoles, Fresh and BornaRunole, who are bringing the other schools in this conversation...not Gator fans.

C'mon Biggs, the original poster threw down the gauntlet and FSU fans just accepted the challenge .... It wasn't some innocent thread starter. It was meant to stir up crap and it did ....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 15, 2008, 05:14:09 PM

Biggs honestly if someone offered you the answers to a course than meant nothing to you and your major would you accept the answers?   

Lets see how honest you really are? 

You seem to think the major problem for FSU was their student-athletes cheating.  It wasn't. 

THE PROBLEM WAS THEIR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FACILITATING (that means "helping") THOSE ATHLETES WITH ANSWERS TO TESTS, WRITING PAPERS THEM, AND SO ON!!!!

Good Gawd, you are dense.

And to answer your question, no I wouldn't take answers.  I went to college for a reason.  And in college, EVERYBODY has to take those classes.  It's what's commonly referred to as a well-rounded education.

Seriously, did you go to college?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU admits to being cheats « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools