Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Carnell be in the same category as......... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 14, 2008, 11:58:52 PM

Krazybuc, I just stated that :) ... you should change your name to... copycat..buc... yeeeah lol how come no one's on?

And is there any update on the injury?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 15, 2008, 12:07:38 AM

I am hoping he's either cut or traded before the start of the '08 season.

Raises his cap value too much IMHO.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 15, 2008, 01:40:55 AM

Whatever, just don't want him taking up a roster spot on this team anymore. :-

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#18 : February 15, 2008, 09:03:55 AM

1st off his health will determine if he can ever play again period.
2nd If our O line develops like it should it could be skewed just like Denver was any back will be able to run.

So my answer would be Yes he is probably peaked in game 3 of his rookie year... What a shame.

He changed his running style to dance more than hit the whole killed his career.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 15, 2008, 09:23:45 AM

I fear Caddy's best games are behind him.  Hopefully he will be able to play again but he will never be a feature back. IMO
Fair assessment.

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : February 15, 2008, 10:00:29 AM

Rookie of the year season: 4.1 ypc
In 2006 when Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood were in there: 4.2 ypc. And that was with Gradkowski at QB.

Against Carolina Week 4 it looked like he was gonna run for close to 200 yards.

By midseason he'll be racking up 100 yard games and shutting up people like Chrispy.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : February 15, 2008, 10:14:30 AM

IMO, you don't cut a guy who was as dedicated to this team as Carnell was. Say what you will about his draft status, but the guy gave his all every time on the field and IMO you just don't kick a guy when he's down like he is.

Of his short career I have many more good memories of his play than bad. Memories like the Buffalo game in his rookie year where he trucked like 6 or 7 Bills' defenders as if he was Alstott-lite. In the very same game he took Nate Clements and reinacted LL Cool J's verse "I'll take a mucle bound man and put his face in the sand". I still have the memories of the Atlanta game on Christmas day, when he put the team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter ti force overtime and ran like a man possessed. There are plenty more memories just like those in my mind and if the man never plays anoter down he'll still have a place in my heart.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 15, 2008, 11:12:30 AM

Who trades for Kevin Jones II? He's damaged goods. Our o-line meshed by the time Graham was out there. Caddy would've probably done better with that line. Keep him on IR then send him out in competition. If he lost his elite potential... good back-up?

Dude.... no. Let it go.  Change it to whatever RB the bucs draft this year :)

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : February 15, 2008, 11:18:57 AM

It's crazy to me.

How can the same fans who loved Mike Alstott so much and hated to see him down and out kick Carnell to the curb without so much of a fleeting look?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 15, 2008, 11:58:10 AM

I have two guesses. Alstott's longevity and/or his off the field celebrity/personality.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 15, 2008, 11:59:38 AM

IMO, you don't cut a guy who was as dedicated to this team as Carnell was. Say what you will about his draft status, but the guy gave his all every time on the field and IMO you just don't kick a guy when he's down like he is.

Of his short career I have many more good memories of his play than bad. Memories like the Buffalo game in his rookie year where he trucked like 6 or 7 Bills' defenders as if he was Alstott-lite. In the very same game he took Nate Clements and reinacted LL Cool J's verse "I'll take a mucle bound man and put his face in the sand". I still have the memories of the Atlanta game on Christmas day, when he put the team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter ti force overtime and ran like a man possessed. There are plenty more memories just like those in my mind and if the man never plays anoter down he'll still have a place in my heart.

well said, the guy gave us some incredible games...i still remember being in the metrodome on opening day, telling a bunch of skeptical vikes fans they were watching the rookie of the year in action...they had no choice but to shut up when he slammed the door on them with that 74-yard TD.

i fear he'll go the robert edwards route, get kudos for just making it back onto the field, and then fade pretty quickly, but i'd love to see him come back and prove everybody wrong.  i had high hopes for that guy, and i honestly think he could've been a 1200-1400 yard back with 10+ TDs the way this season went

#26 : February 15, 2008, 01:58:44 PM

Our o-line meshed by the time Graham was out there. Caddy would've probably done better with that line.

This based on what?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 15, 2008, 02:01:11 PM

It's cruel but the Bucs need to treat the offseason as if Carnell wasn't on the team. The chances of him return to 100% capacity after a patellar injury are slim, you only have to look at past cases of that injury type to see what happens to the unlucky few who sustain it. Nevertheless, its not as if Caddy was playing well at all before the injury anyway. I was one of the many who thought Caddy would be the guy after his rookie season, but, as much as I hate to say it I don't think we'll ever see an effective Cadillac in Pewter, if we see him back at all.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 15, 2008, 02:02:23 PM

Rookie of the year season: 4.1 ypc
In 2006 when Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood were in there: 4.2 ypc. And that was with Gradkowski at QB.

Against Carolina Week 4 it looked like he was gonna run for close to 200 yards.

By midseason he'll be racking up 100 yard games and shutting up people like Chrispy.

IF that's the case I bet he still won't be able to catch or block for sh*t.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Carnell be in the same category as......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools