Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: February 15, 2008, 02:31:45 PM

Any suprise players you think could get cut?  I think Chris Simms, DE Kevin Carter, and DE Greg Spires are definite cuts...

but I wouldn't be at all suprised if Michael Clayton, Derrick Brooks, Cato June, or Brian Kelly were released.

Cato June reminds me of the Ian Gold situation, and his deal has to be reworked I believe.  I read that somewhere that when he signed, it was more like a  1 year deal.  Obviously we wont release both Brooks and June, but I could definetly see one of them going.

What are your thoughts?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 15, 2008, 02:36:09 PM

Spires, maybe Carter, Kelly.  A few bodies of little worth (guys named Chad or Chaz)

Other than that there is no real reason to cut much.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 15, 2008, 02:36:38 PM

June signed for relative peanuts (3 years $12 million). There'd be no reason to cut him. Spires is the most likely.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 15, 2008, 02:39:35 PM

Probably Spires, but it won't happen right away if it does since the Bucs have plenty under the cap even with Spires' hit. 

BK doesn't need to be released as he's voiding the final year and will be a FA.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 15, 2008, 02:41:38 PM

We definetly need to add a corner now.  Barber, Bucchanon who I think slipped a little towards the end of the season, and thats pretty much it.  We need 3 good corners.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 15, 2008, 02:44:28 PM

We definetly need to add a corner now. Barber, Bucchanon who I think slipped a little towards the end of the season, and thats pretty much it. We need 3 good corners.

I think the Bucs will will make a hard push for Samuel and/or Trufant.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 15, 2008, 02:48:25 PM

MarleyMon, do you "think" or HOPE that the Bucs make a push for them lol...

I hope your right, but I also hope we significanty upgrade the defensive line.  Most of the money we spend this free agency should be towards the D line/CB.

The other remaining money should be used to add a playmaking WR.  Honestly, we have decent starters in place  on O.

If we add 1 playmaking WR, a few good players to the Dline, and Marcus Trufant, I think you will see the Bucs as legit Super Bowl contenders.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 15, 2008, 02:55:46 PM

Bucs don't typically just cut players ala the Falcs did today. Since they are comfortable under the cap and face no deadlines, I don't think anyone will be cut.

Kelly is or has voided his deal. Simms won't be cut IMHO.....until TC time if he is.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 15, 2008, 02:57:28 PM

MarleyMon, do you "think" or HOPE that the Bucs make a push for them lol...

A little of both probably.  However my fear, particulary with Samuel, is that he's going to want Nate Clements money.  Now the Bucs have the ability to go that high for a player given their cap status.  However the question is would they and his Samuel a player worthy of that financial committment.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 15, 2008, 03:04:37 PM

the bucs won't cut anyone until they need the cap or roster space, that's usually how bruce allen operates....first to go is greg spires, though, he's definitely the odd man out as we inevitably upgrade the DE position.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : February 15, 2008, 03:12:32 PM

Clayton's cap charges are $3 million in 2008 and $2 million in 2009, he's not getting cut.

Petitgout could be cut because he's due a roster bonus.
Carter could be cut because he's due a roster bonus and he has a high base salary and frankly... he stunk this year.

Simms isn't getting cut in the off-season. He didn't hit his incentives so they don't have to pay him the roster bonus. They'll atleast bring him to camp and see what happens.

I don't think they'll cut Spires. He's better, younger and cheaper than Carter.

#11 : February 15, 2008, 03:18:15 PM

I'd be very surprised adn scratching my head of Brooks, June or Clayton got cut. It would make ZERO sense

Cuts...Spires, Carter, Simms, Kelly, Lehr, Wade maybe Ryan Sims too

Guys I would be surprised about...Hilliard, Cox, A. Davis, Gradkowski, Spurlock, Nece

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 15, 2008, 03:49:22 PM

Bruce typically will not cut anyone until he has a player in place-at this time of year.

Only when the CAP becomes a problem will he do it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#13 : February 15, 2008, 05:05:08 PM

Bruce typically will not cut anyone until he has a player in place-at this time of year.

Only when the CAP becomes a problem will he do it.

No one.  Bucs have plenty of cap room.  Why cut anyone?  no need.

#14 : February 15, 2008, 05:44:57 PM

I dusagree Uuncle stan. Bruce will make cuts if there is dead weight on the roster. Greg Spires and Kevin Carter mine as well be 5 mil per clipboard holders. They arent hanging around much longer
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools