Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 15, 2008, 05:55:40 PM

Bruce typically will not cut anyone until he has a player in place-at this time of year.

Only when the CAP becomes a problem will he do it.

No one.  Bucs have plenty of cap room.  Why cut anyone?  no need.

Assuming JC10 is correct on his roster bonus figures those types of deadlines could determine some cuts. Other than that the Bucs will carry the guys until there is reason to let them go.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 15, 2008, 06:26:58 PM

Ryan,

That's what part of my second paragraph referred to. Sorry I didn't spell it out more clearly.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 15, 2008, 06:44:44 PM

As Stan said - the buccs aren't cutting folks until a better player is signed on - roster bonuses won't be a major impact bc the players getting those are players they want to keep...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

12thbuc

Starter

#18 : February 16, 2008, 09:58:38 PM

keep Sims,cut Grad

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 16, 2008, 10:22:51 PM

unlike Gold.. June signed a real contract.. not one that has a HUGE roster bonus the next year..

We do not need to cut anyone.. almost 37 million under the cap eventually (thats including the rollover).. I think we will be fine!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 16, 2008, 10:28:17 PM

Spires definitely. Maybe Kevin Carter. Michael Clayton, Chris Simms.

If the Bucs can get Lance Briggs, Brooks wouldn't surprise me as a cut...

Because our cap situation, Bruce is in a power position. We do not have to cut anyone until we have a better replacement.

gypsie

Starter

#21 : February 16, 2008, 10:57:19 PM

Why would you cut anybody now unless you have to. Cut Spires for no reason than what happens when Gaines Adams blows out his knee in the first OTA? Then all of a sudden we need a DE.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 16, 2008, 11:06:23 PM

Why would you cut anybody now unless you have to. Cut Spires for no reason than what happens when Gaines Adams blows out his knee in the first OTA? Then all of a sudden we need a DE.

Having Spires won't help us there...   If we are depending on Spires to start at RDE we are doomed.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 16, 2008, 11:28:27 PM

if we cant getg a good DE in FA then Carter stays

Spires has to go, hes deadweight. What he play, 2 games last year? Sure seemed like it...
We need to let simms recover then trade him as someone suggested, he just doesnt fit here, might be better off on another team...
If nothing else he would be a good number 2 elsewhere, I like Luke for us better...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 16, 2008, 11:31:37 PM

if we cant getg a good DE in FA then Carter stays

Spires has to go, hes deadweight. What he play, 2 games last year? Sure seemed like it...
We need to let simms recover then trade him as someone suggested, he just doesnt fit here, might be better off on another team...
If nothing else he would be a good number 2 elsewhere, I like Luke for us better...

If we can't upgrade DE over Carter and Spires in FA Allen should be fired.  I just can't see it happening.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 17, 2008, 12:10:17 AM

I would think Spires will get the axe. Carter is probably an option, but I don't think he will. I think Ryan Nece will get cut. Something will have to be done on the Chris Simms front.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 17, 2008, 12:22:24 AM

don't cut someone until you have someone else ready to take the place

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

gypsie

Starter

#27 : February 17, 2008, 09:55:02 AM

My point exactly,why cut someone you may need for depth when you may need him.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 17, 2008, 07:37:01 PM

My point exactly,why cut someone you may need for depth when you may need him.

That's precisely the approach that Bruce Allen takes every offseason. He never cuts anyone unless he has to for cap reasons or if hes lined up a better alternative to the player in question.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 17, 2008, 08:11:18 PM

Would not be surprised to see a player or two get traded around raft time like Nece for a 6 or 7 round pick. that as well as someone like Simms if the team drafts a qb or signs a veteran why hold on to Simms.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools