Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 17, 2008, 09:53:47 PM

Would not be surprised to see a player or two get traded around raft time like Nece for a 6 or 7 round pick. that as well as someone like Simms if the team drafts a qb or signs a veteran why hold on to Simms.

Since the Bucs are down a couple of picks I think they will attempt to get at least one of them back whether it's a trade of a player or trading down with a pick in the current draft.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 18, 2008, 01:17:23 AM

Spires, Carter & Nece - I'll be shocked if all 3 aren't cut . . . I don't see any QB's getting the axe until roster cut downs after camp - I think we've learned Gru likes to take a lot of QB's to camp - I agree and could see us trying to shop Simms or Grads on draft day, but don't think there will be much interest as there isn't much value there.  I don't think there is a reason to cut guys before march 1 since we're lookin' good cap wise . . . just need to release some dead weight.

Cuting guys like Brooks, June or Clayton I think is very doubtful  -  IF we were cap strapped, maybe, but still doubt it.  We are fine . . . there is no need . . . they'll stay.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 18, 2008, 02:45:27 AM

Would not be surprised to see a player or two get traded around raft time like Nece for a 6 or 7 round pick. that as well as someone like Simms if the team drafts a qb or signs a veteran why hold on to Simms.
Id be surprised if the Bucs got ANY pick for Simms. I just dont see anyone trading for him at this point.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 18, 2008, 07:19:33 AM

Since the Bucs are down a couple of picks I think they will attempt to get at least one of them back whether it's a trade of a player or trading down with a pick in the current draft.
I could see us trading down from 20 if nobody we really like is there.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 18, 2008, 07:21:55 AM

Id be surprised if the Bucs got ANY pick for Simms. I just dont see anyone trading for him at this point.
Maybe not a great pick, but a backup qb with some experience is very valuable in today's NFL. Simms has alot of upside in the right system when he is healthy. A team like the Ravens immediately comes to mind as a potential trade partner.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 19, 2008, 10:42:54 AM

Why are folks all over Nece? 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 19, 2008, 11:31:31 AM

There was a fair amount of speculation that he wouldn't have survived last season had Cash not gotten hurt. Couldn't backup at MLB and now he has Heyward and Black to deal with as backups to June.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 19, 2008, 11:49:42 AM

There was a fair amount of speculation that he wouldn't have survived last season had Cash not gotten hurt. Couldn't backup at MLB and now he has Heyward and Black to deal with as backups to June.

I'm not saying Nece is safe, but Hayward definetly isn't safe either.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 19, 2008, 12:48:49 PM

I'm not saying Nece is safe, but Hayward definetly isn't safe either.

Probably a numbers game for both. The one thing that Heyward has over Nece is that the argument can be made that he has a better chance of improving while Nece is probably about as good as he can get.

I guess we'll see.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 20, 2008, 09:01:36 AM

Hmmm... the guy started how many seasons/games?  Wasn't he #2 at SLB?  For that matter wasn't he just the #4 LB.  If any of the starting three got hurt Nece was in the mix at SLB and the other guys shuffled depending on who was out.  What's Trottier doing?  (the guy from philly I saw on the field for a few plays last year).

Nece edge in experiance.  ??

Funny how the wheel turns. I started off upsetting nece fans when i said he didn't look good enough to be the starter.  Seems like a great back-up guy though.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 20, 2008, 10:34:45 AM

Hmmm... the guy started how many seasons/games? Wasn't he #2 at SLB? For that matter wasn't he just the #4 LB. If any of the starting three got hurt Nece was in the mix at SLB and the other guys shuffled depending on who was out. What's Trottier doing? (the guy from philly I saw on the field for a few plays last year).

Nece edge in experiance. ??

Funny how the wheel turns. I started off upsetting nece fans when i said he didn't look good enough to be the starter. Seems like a great back-up guy though.

Nece was listed as the backup at MLB and Black at SAM most of the year. When it appeared Ruud might not be able to go in one game, Trotter was activated so I'm not sure who would have taken over at MIKE had Ruud needed to come out.

Just from observation Nece is not a MLB at all. He was getting completely toasted during pre season.

At SAM he's a capable backup but the Buc's may look at the younger guys as having more potential. Before he was hurt there were some comments that Cash might make the roster last season over Nece.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 20, 2008, 12:53:01 PM

Hmmm... the guy started how many seasons/games? Wasn't he #2 at SLB? For that matter wasn't he just the #4 LB. If any of the starting three got hurt Nece was in the mix at SLB and the other guys shuffled depending on who was out. What's Trottier doing? (the guy from philly I saw on the field for a few plays last year).

Nece edge in experiance. ??

Funny how the wheel turns. I started off upsetting nece fans when i said he didn't look good enough to be the starter. Seems like a great back-up guy though.

Nece was listed as the backup at MLB and Black at SAM most of the year. When it appeared Ruud might not be able to go in one game, Trotter was activated so I'm not sure who would have taken over at MIKE had Ruud needed to come out.

Just from observation Nece is not a MLB at all. He was getting completely toasted during pre season.

At SAM he's a capable backup but the Buc's may look at the younger guys as having more potential. Before he was hurt there were some comments that Cash might make the roster last season over Nece.

Trots didn't look any better the nece at MLB.  I kind of figured Nece would come in a SLB and the other guys woudl shuffle no matter what starter got injured.  So say Will goes down.  Sam moves to Will nece comes in at sam. 

I never thought he was starting material so you'll get no argument out of me in that regard.  The young guys may certainly have passed him an the depth chart, but it's hard to knock experience on the depth chart.

I'm trying to recall Nece on Special teams... seems like I've noticed him before but nothing particularly stands out.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 20, 2008, 02:19:38 PM

Good ST player.

Doubt if he would go early.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all these cuts happening, who do you think will get cut from the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools