Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Controvesy « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
: October 08, 2006, 08:24:25 PM

So do we now have a QB controversy or do you believe that Simms' should have his job back upon return?

I realize that Grads has only played one game but the Offense sure seemed different with Grads playing. If this was a cut down version of Gruden's playbook I not sure I can stand the whole thing.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 08:27:46 PM

So do we now have a QB controversy or do you believe that Simms' should have his job back upon return?

I realize that Grads has only played one game but the Offense sure seemed different with Grads playing. If this was a cut down version of Gruden's playbook I not sure I can stand the whole thing.

Gruden wants Grads to succeed, and if he continues to play well and learn Simms will lose the starting spot.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 08:28:55 PM

Gruden wants Grads to succeed, and if he continues to play well and learn Simms will lose the starting spot.

I agree with this.  If Grads struggles down the stretch, we are more likely to see McCown than Simms, IMO

#3 : October 08, 2006, 08:30:04 PM

I was / have been on the Simms bandwagon but after today I think Gradkowski is our future, Gruden's playbook seemed wide open, Jon really seemed to be really creative today (reverse, the Clayton / G-Way in the backfield formation, Mahan as a FB in GL situations, ect.)

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 08, 2006, 08:31:44 PM

If Grads continues to play well then Simms will be the starter next year....for another team. Grads is the type of QB Gruden wants and the offense needs. With McCown being a suitable backup Simms loses out, IMO, and packs his bags for somewhere else.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 08:32:12 PM

I was / have been on the Simms bandwagon but after today I think Gradkowski is our future, Gruden's playbook seemed wide open, Jon really seemed to be really creative today (reverse, the Clayton / G-Way in the backfield formation, Mahan as a FB in GL situations, ect.)

Just think how good Grads could get once he finds his feet and the other rookies on the O-line get a little experience.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 08:34:55 PM

Jon really seemed to be really creative today (reverse, the Clayton / G-Way in the backfield formation, Mahan as a FB in GL situations, ect.)

Not disagreeing with your comment, but Gru could have run those plays with Simms or any QB in...  He just didn't allow himself to get creative (IMO, of course) until the 2nd half of the Carolina game

zed

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 08, 2006, 08:36:33 PM

Gruden himself said on the radio that he wonders why he wasn't the opening day starter.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 08, 2006, 08:39:28 PM

Just think how good Grads could get once he finds his feet and the other rookies on the O-line get a little experience.

Damn right! Coach Gruden has his QB and can finally use all of his playbook.......when Grads gets the experiencehe will for the next 12 games.
Gruden and Grads, get used to it and enjoy!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 08, 2006, 08:41:23 PM

Simms is already gone.  Bruce can even play a little worse than he played today and he's a lock.  Gru didn't have the confidence in Simms to call the passign plays he called today.  I think he didn't have what it takes to run a complicated O, and that may be the heart of his issues with Gru.

#10 : October 08, 2006, 08:45:32 PM

Not disagreeing with your comment, but Gru could have run those plays with Simms or any QB in... He just didn't allow himself to get creative (IMO, of course) until the 2nd half of the Carolina game
I don't disagree with that at all, but the fact that Gradkowski can run (like that rollout near our goal that he turned into a gain, amongst other examples) and Chris cannot will be Simms' downfall IMO.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2006, 08:49:36 PM

this year doesn't matter anymore, it's all about letting GRADS get ready for next year!

with some key defensive free agent pick-ups, we will roll again next season...  we have the money, time to use it and put some of these defensive guys out to pasture.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 08, 2006, 08:49:53 PM

Simms just doesn't fit the mold wrt what Gruden wants in a QB.  His slow start this year killed his chances of staying in TB.  If Bruce keeps this up Simms better not start squawking about coming back in 3 weeks (which is what Jimmie Johnson said today).

Chris may find a good situation to go into but his performance this year will certainly raise a lot of flags around the league.  He had everything going for him and blew it.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 08, 2006, 08:56:21 PM

turbo i agree bump with it

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 08, 2006, 09:00:03 PM

Not disagreeing with your comment, but Gru could have run those plays with Simms or any QB in... He just didn't allow himself to get creative (IMO, of course) until the 2nd half of the Carolina game

No Simms couldn't make those throws -- he got them batted at the line or threw the wrong play or made thw rong read and threw 7 ints early and limit Grudens playbook. Grads flat was a caretaker of the ball and made his reads and the key was he got the ball out quick and didn't get it batted-- thats where chris failed.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Controvesy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools