Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms focusing on a comeback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 17, 2008, 10:30:19 AM

I see us letting him go elsewhere.........he will flourish and we will feel foolish. again

I'd take that chance cause from what we've seen there's nothing to suggest that would happen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 17, 2008, 10:34:27 AM

I see us letting him go elsewhere.........he will flourish and we will feel foolish. again

He's clearly not a fit for the system.  There's nothing wrong with letting a player go and move on to success elsewhere if they don't fit the scheme.

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : February 17, 2008, 11:05:21 AM

2005 Weeks 10-17 with Simms

6-2 (.750)
20 points per game

2007 in games with Garcia start to finish

7-4 (.636)
21 points per game

And the offensive line difference is night and day.

Simms doesn't fit the system so much they offered him a $10 million signing bonus.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 17, 2008, 11:13:51 AM

2005 Weeks 10-17 with Simms

6-2 (.750)
20 points per game

2007 in games with Garcia start to finish

7-4 (.636)
21 points per game

And the offensive line difference is night and day.

Simms doesn't fit the system so much they offered him a $10 million signing bonus.

Those stats are misleading, why don't you post the QB rating? That tells more of the story of how a QB is performing.

Also, Simms was new to the league in those first few games then the Skins laid the blueprint. It's O-V-E-R for Simms in the NFL, he's a white Leftwhich. I never want to see his slow arse behind center again.

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : February 17, 2008, 11:29:37 AM

How about comebacks? In 2005 Simms had 3 4th qtr comebacks and would have been 5 if Bryant didn't miss a chipshot and Shepherd didn't drop a perfect pass.

The last time we saw Simms on the field he was leading a comeback against Carolina (only to have the defense blow it) while HE WAS LITERALLY DYING ON THE FIELD.

Yea but he's not even close to as good of a leader Garcia is. Sure Garcia didnt have any comebacks, but man he looks so intense when pumping his fists against the Falcons

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 17, 2008, 11:42:04 AM

How about comebacks? In 2005 Simms had 3 4th qtr comebacks and would have been 5 if Bryant didn't miss a chipshot and Shepherd didn't drop a perfect pass.

The last time we saw Simms on the field he was leading a comeback against Carolina (only to have the defense blow it) while HE WAS LITERALLY DYING ON THE FIELD.

Yea but he's not even close to as good of a leader Garcia is. Sure Garcia didnt have any comebacks, but man he looks so intense when pumping his fists against the Falcons

I didn't say anything about his leadership skills. What I find odd is the Simms fans like yourself for making Chris out to be some couragous player because of the Carolina game. In reality, if Simms knew what was going on he would have been out of the game right away, let's not act like he knew the injury sustained and stayed in there.

The Bucs were behind in that game because of Simms continued poor play. His 7 ints to 1 TD in those first 3 games was one of the worst performances by a QB that I've ever seen. Simms play put the team at 0-3 and I never want to see that clown in Pewter again.

Stop with the "he was almost dying on the field" bullspit, it's ridiculous.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 17, 2008, 11:53:27 AM

Stroud got a lot of crap for that, but he was the only one that was reporting that something was in fact wrong.

That is absolutely not correct . There were videos posted on here which showed that Simms was out of whack and it was acknowledge by the PR people long before Stroud wrote anything. What Stroud did was assign a diagnosis to it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : February 17, 2008, 11:53:54 AM

If you need a QB to pump his fist against the Falcons, Rams and Cardinals then Garcia is 1st team All-Pro.

If you need a QB to make things happen in crunch time I'll take Simms.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 17, 2008, 12:02:20 PM

If you need a QB to pump his fist against the Falcons, Rams and Cardinals then Garcia is 1st team All-Pro.

Are we only going to look at the crunch time numbers of Simms when his team is winning? Seems quite selective to me. I don't dislike Simms as a QB or like him all that much as a QB. I think he could succeed in the NFL but likely not in a WCO. I have more confidence in him as a backup than Grads, certainly, and possibly McCown. Both McCown and Simms have issues to overcome and it remains to be seen if either can get there.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 17, 2008, 12:08:13 PM

Stroud got a lot of crap for that, but he was the only one that was reporting that something was in fact wrong.

That is absolutely not correct . There were videos posted on here which showed that Simms was out of whack and it was acknowledge by the PR people long before Stroud wrote anything. What Stroud did was assign a diagnosis to it.

The PR reporting was that Simms' skills had regressed, not that there was a medical problem

JC510

Practice Squad

#25 : February 17, 2008, 12:15:59 PM

Are we only going to look at the crunch time numbers of Simms when his team is winning?

All I'm talking about is when Simms is losing and brings the team back in the 4th.

And Keep, why is it ridiculous to talk about Simms playing while he's dying but not ridiculous for people to want to build statues for Garcia because he played with a fat lip?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 17, 2008, 12:16:59 PM

Got a lot of respect for SImms, and when you rupture a spleen and keep playing, you KNOW something is wrong with you.  He just wanted to be out there, and he did an admirable job.  Was proud of him in that game.

As far as 1td and 7 picks go, Drew Brees looked like doo doo last year in the first half as well...things could have changed, IMO.

That year, Simms had no O-line help, he was getting splattered all over the field.  I have mixed feelings about that year, and I definitely don't point the blame all at Simms.  Hell, versus ATL when the Bucs gave up a RECORD BAD 300 plus on the ground, I think the defense was more at fault.  Simms picks were DEEP in ATL territory.  The defense was a bunch of chumpsticks that day, and they will admit it.

Versus the Ravens, the defense couldn't get the B'more squad off the field.  The defense was doo doo that year, The O-line was equally as bad on both run support, and pass protection, and all these things helped contribute to SImms misery.

I agree, he looked good on the comebacks, but I have a feeling his inability, or WANT TO run the ball from time to time is impeding his development in the WCO.  Simms needed to be more mobile, to roll out occasionally, but as he is, he is a pocket type QB.  On the PAtriots, I am thinking he would have had a nice year...

Considering how much time BRady had to throw...we seen how he looked versus the Eagles and Giants when he was getting hammered (BRady)...he did not look so hot, IMO.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 17, 2008, 12:21:00 PM

The PR reporting was that Simms' skills had regressed, not that there was a medical problem

So he suffers a devastating injury and suddenly is having trouble throwing the ball and people cannot relate the reduced skill level to a medical problem? To me...it's always been pretty much the same thing. If a guy suffers a knee injury and 18 months later can't run as fast, for instance, have his skills reduced or does he have a medical problem?

Maybe it's the way I read through things but I've never found what PR reported to be all that out of whack with reality in regards to Simms. That is of course unless we are expected to read every word ever written to be taken literally. I don't think I'm alone in how I read things. What the Bucs did with him was work around the rules which all teams do to one extent or another. His recovery obviously took longer than expected but, particularly looking back at things, they didn't do anything out of kilter with him. Some GM's would be being praised for the brilliant way the Bucs made sure they hung on to him I suspect.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : February 17, 2008, 12:24:53 PM

I think he might be the most hated player by Buc "fans".
The irony of you questioning how big a fan others are is quite rich indeed.

Nah... I know I am a fan. Just because I don't support Jon Gruden doesn't make me any less of a fan. My sig line says it all.

#29 : February 17, 2008, 12:27:45 PM

I think he might be the most hated player by Buc "fans".
The irony of you questioning how big a fan others are is quite rich indeed.

Nah... I know I am a fan. Just because I don't support Jon Gruden doesn't make me any less of a fan. My sig line says it all.

And yet you would have us believe that someone who doesn't support the fourth string QB isn't a fan. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms focusing on a comeback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools