Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms focusing on a comeback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 17, 2008, 12:29:56 PM

In general, Simms has trouble with ball trajectory on the short ball, does not have quick feet to avoid the rush and has trouble throwing accurately when not balanced or set. I also don't find him all that accurate on intermediate passes.

In a setup deep game he's at his best. Currently that doesn't fit into the Bucs personnel or scheme. That doesn't mean he should be gotten rid of but he may struggle when called upon as he has for periods of time.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 17, 2008, 12:43:35 PM

I think he might be the most hated player by Buc "fans".
The irony of you questioning how big a fan others are is quite rich indeed.
Nah... I know I am a fan. Just because I don't support Jon Gruden doesn't make me any less of a fan. My sig line says it all.

Your posts say a lot too...Simple-minded.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 17, 2008, 12:45:18 PM

Maybe they should just put him in the fourth quarter...the Comeback Kid...

Would not have hurt versus Jacksonville...

JC510

Practice Squad

#33 : February 17, 2008, 12:56:15 PM

Maybe they should just put him in the fourth quarter...the Comeback Kid...

Would not have hurt versus Jacksonville...

Or the Giants game. On the McQuarters INT I wasn't sure if that ball was a punt or a pass. Then I realized it must have been a Garcia deep ball because it wasn't a spiral.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#34 : February 17, 2008, 12:59:54 PM

I think he might be the most hated player by Buc "fans".
The irony of you questioning how big a fan others are is quite rich indeed.

Nah... I know I am a fan. Just because I don't support Jon Gruden doesn't make me any less of a fan. My sig line says it all.

And yet you would have us believe that someone who doesn't support the fourth string QB isn't a fan. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Not at all.. but I gathered most Gruden people blamed Simms for the poor start last year and were devastated and incensed that Gruden got any heat.

#35 : February 17, 2008, 01:15:29 PM

Not at all.. but I gathered most Gruden people blamed Simms for the poor start last year and were devastated and incensed that Gruden got any heat.

By "gathered" then, it appears you mean 'used as twisted and convoluted logic as necessary to get reality to conform to my own misguided version of it.'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 17, 2008, 01:36:43 PM

Stroud got a lot of crap for that, but he was the only one that was reporting that something was in fact wrong.

That is absolutely not correct . There were videos posted on here which showed that Simms was out of whack and it was acknowledge by the PR people long before Stroud wrote anything. What Stroud did was assign a diagnosis to it.

The PR reporting was that Simms' skills had regressed, not that there was a medical problem

So he suffers a devastating injury and suddenly is having trouble throwing the ball and people cannot relate the reduced skill level to a medical problem? To me...it's always been pretty much the same thing. If a guy suffers a knee injury and 18 months later can't run as fast, for instance, have his skills reduced or does he have a medical problem?

Maybe it's the way I read through things but I've never found what PR reported to be all that out of whack with reality in regards to Simms. That is of course unless we are expected to read every word ever written to be taken literally. I don't think I'm alone in how I read things. What the Bucs did with him was work around the rules which all teams do to one extent or another. His recovery obviously took longer than expected but, particularly looking back at things, they didn't do anything out of kilter with him. Some GM's would be being praised for the brilliant way the Bucs made sure they hung on to him I suspect.

Here are some examples of what I was referring to:

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3215
[H]e has yet to shake the bad mechanics he has developed while trying to work his way back from his splenectomy

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3235
Some have speculated that Simms is not healthy and is a candidate to be placed on injured reserve or the Physically Unable to Perform list. However, that is not the case since Simms is indeed healthy.

While Stroud's diagnosis was incorrect, his reporting was a lot closer to the truth than what we saw out of Buccaneers.com or PR

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 17, 2008, 02:01:20 PM

And Keep, why is it ridiculous to talk about Simms playing while he's dying but not ridiculous for people to want to build statues for Garcia because he played with a fat lip?

I'm not sure who wanted to build a statue because of a fat lip, I certainly didn't.

The fact that Simms hurt his spleen in the Caro game is irrelevant in my eyes, the fact that he put the entire team behind the 8-ball for that season is relevant. After all off-season, all TC, and all preseason he comes out and looks like one of the worst QB's in the history of the game, that to me is telling.

I like Chris the person but don't like Chris the player, his mechanics and release will get eaten alive in this league now that the blueprint has been laid. Again, he's a white Lefwhich.

#38 : February 17, 2008, 02:05:01 PM

It's O-V-E-R for Simms in the NFL, he's a white Leftwhich. I never want to see his slow arse behind center again.

LMAO!!!!!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 17, 2008, 03:20:07 PM

By "gathered" then, it appears you mean 'used as twisted and convoluted logic as necessary to get reality to conform to my own misguided version of it.'
No I mean as in "Simms sucks, he's the reason we started 0-4". Which is what I heard/read.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 17, 2008, 03:38:12 PM

he sucked in college, he sucked prior to the injury and he'll continue to suck . . . "oh no, we suck again"

and for the record [just so folks don't think I'm Simms bashing] . . . Grads sucks too :)

send them both on their way!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 17, 2008, 03:49:38 PM

I agree Grads does suck. This system isn't for Simms, and there is no system for Gradkowski.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 17, 2008, 03:51:45 PM

I agree Grads does suck. This system isn't for Simms, and there is no system for Gradkowski.

Maybe as an official, but then again, he might not be able to throw the flag far enough :) and poor Simms, everytime he would throw the flag, I'm sure someone would be there to bat it back at him :)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 17, 2008, 03:53:00 PM

No I mean as in "Simms sucks, he's the reason we started 0-4". Which is what I heard/read.
Actually, he only played 3 games. So that last statement is, like many of yours, a load of crap.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 17, 2008, 04:10:37 PM

MBF.. I am repeating what I saw... 2006 was a disaster from the top to the bottom.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms focusing on a comeback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools