Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bar-ROID Busted! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 14, 2008, 11:40:15 PM

Think he's gonna do time?
I hope this scumbag loser goes down, WAY DOWN!

Barry Bonds, SF Feb. 14 - 8:50 pm et

U.S. prosecutors released a legal filing alleging that Barry Bonds failed a November 2001 steroid test.
The test came just one month after Bonds hit his record 73rd home run of the 2001 season. The assertion was made in a document asking a federal court to reject Bonds' motion to dismiss perjury charges against him. It also mentions a failed amphetamines test in 2000, but reveals few details surrounding either charge.

Source: The Toronto Star

nope, but I think this might be what is needed to get the " * " by his name in all the recordbooks once and for all.

remove Bonds, replace it with the MLB symbol and add an (S) at the end

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 14, 2008, 11:48:07 PM

Bad news. It was revealed later in the evening that it was a false report. Oops. Try again.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 14, 2008, 11:52:08 PM

Bad news. It was revealed later in the evening that it was a false report. Oops. Try again.
Yeah...that means Barroid did not do Roids.  Yeah right.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 14, 2008, 11:53:44 PM

Yeah...that means Barroid did not do Roids. Yeah right.

no, but it does mean they dont have that proof that we were just told they had.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 14, 2008, 11:59:24 PM

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 15, 2008, 05:05:51 AM

Bonds gets a far worse rap due to his far worse attitude.
Still, I laugh because the goverment wants him so bad, yet can't seem to find anything to truly convict him with.  Clemens has a far greater chance of going down than Bonds does IMO.  I call if the Pettite factor.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 15, 2008, 02:06:18 PM

Following up on Jersey's comments...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3246675

U.S. filing typo spurs erroneous Bonds drug report

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 15, 2008, 2:28 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO -- Federal prosecutors mistakenly filed court papers Thursday that incorrectly stated that Barry Bonds failed a steroids test in November of 2001 -- one month after breaking the single-season home run mark.

U.S. attorney spokesman Josh Eaton now says that the reference in Thursday's government court filing regarding Bonds testing positive was actually referring to a November 2000 test that was previously disclosed in the indictment of Bonds and had already been reported.

That drug test was included in the indictment unsealed last year, when prosecutors said the test was for a player they called "Barry B."

In December, Bonds pleaded not guilty to lying to a federal grand jury in 2003 when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

The mistake prompted at least one erroneous report that was quickly posted to Web sites around the country.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 15, 2008, 03:07:31 PM

I honestly don't give a damn about him taking HGH because many others were taking at that time as well. It's not steroids ladies, there's an enormous difference in the two.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 15, 2008, 03:22:07 PM

I honestly don't give a damn about him taking HGH because many others were taking at that time as well. It's not steroids ladies, there's an enormous difference in the two.

On top of that, how can anyone be accused of cheating if you can't prove everyone else wasn't? It's not like anyone has a visible halo...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 16, 2008, 07:06:58 PM

for those of you arguing football players on steroids....

umm...let's be serious...I would say at least 40 percent are on roids.

Football is more important to be big and strong then it is for baseball.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 16, 2008, 07:08:09 PM

Shawne Merriman was caught with steroids and still made the probowl.  The NFL doesn't care and "looks out" for steroids about as good as the Buccaneers drafting recievers...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bar-ROID Busted! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools