Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2008 Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 447

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 25, 2008, 11:29:29 PM

Barry Bonds will be a Devil Ray.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 25, 2008, 11:32:06 PM

God I hope not.......

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 25, 2008, 11:55:50 PM

The Rays told WDAE they had absolutely no interest in Bonds.  They said the stories in the media today are bogus and they have not spoken to or intend speaking to Bonds or his agent.

#33 : February 26, 2008, 12:54:06 AM

if chrispy is going to be a dream crusher again this year than no one shall respodn to him. He is the worst kinf of sports fan, the kind that pick on the lousy hometown teams and then buy season tickets when they are good.

Ehhhh wrong; seeing as I have sat through MANY losing Bucs and Lightning seasons, and oh of course - many D-Rays games which is every year for them.

So what purpose do you serve?

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 26, 2008, 12:57:12 AM

More of a purpose than you do.  ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 26, 2008, 09:12:30 AM

No to Bonds.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 26, 2008, 09:41:56 AM

why would the rays take a young promising team, and put Bar-ROID right in the middle of it?

bad move if true...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 26, 2008, 10:33:10 AM

No to Bonds

I concur.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 06, 2008, 07:28:50 PM

Great game today.  Crowd wasn't as large as I had hoped, but it was somewhat lively at times.  I think I was actually sitting next to the only KC fans in the stadium, which was weird.  We didn't sit in our normal seats because we had a group of 10 going....had a group of about 8 KC transports who bought tickets next to us.  They were good people though.  A guy was by himself and he moved, guess he couldn't handle the KC cheers.  Kind of funny, they were good people and weren't being obnoxious.  I guess the guy just was lonely and did not want to hear it. 

Just a few random thoughts....we NEED Bartlett back.  Zobrist is weak defensively, and Brignac is not ready yet either....Shields was great today and really should have allowed 0 ER, but Zobrist blew a play Bartlett makes routine.  Carl make a great play taking the extra base on a throw to 3rd, something the KC player didn't do earlier in the game.  This team does not quit, and anytime they get down I don't have any doubt they will fight back. Carl looks to be heating up, which will be great. Still think we need a solid RH bat, preferably one that can play RF well.  Although his #'s aren't great, Aybar has been an unsung hero of sorts.  He plays anywhere we need, and does so fairly well....I called Longoria's homer, after he made that awful baserunning mistake...the guy should be an all-star, and we text voted for him 10 times from the game after they announced it. I had 2 guys at the game today ask me what OPS meant...one guy even said he had been trying to figure it out for 3 months...LOL.

I had more, but I forgot.  Oh well, go Rays, 8 in a row tomorrow!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 26, 2008, 12:10:06 PM

why would the rays take a young promising team, and put Bar-ROID right in the middle of it?

bad move if true...

Already been called a nonstory by the front office. 

To answer your question though, they would possible do it to add a big bat to the middle of their lineup if they thought doing so would make them a playoff contender.

I don't think it does and I don't think they will sign him.

#40 : July 06, 2008, 06:53:56 PM

Screw Giambi. His stash is trash.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 06, 2008, 06:45:59 PM

He is damn near a resident on the Top Ten plays of the day -

I think that might help with the voting, dbuc.  People all over the country are getting to his amazing plays at third, and his HR's.  Hopefully those other votes from outside the Tampa Bay area will negate all of the votes Giambi will get from the Yankee fans...a guy can dream, anyways.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 06, 2008, 06:40:38 PM

And it continues...

It will be stupid to not have Longoria on the All Star team.  He is damn near a resident on the Top Ten plays of the day -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 26, 2008, 02:18:49 PM

Kazmir to have MRI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2008/news/story?id=3265581

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Rays left-hander Scott Kazmir missed a scheduled intrasquad game appearance Tuesday after feeling discomfort in his elbow on his final warmup pitch.

The AL strikeout champion had warmed up in the bullpen without a problem, then watched the first half-inning from the bench. He threw three warmup pitches before leaving the mound and walking to the clubhouse for tests.

"I was warming up, feeling great," said Kazmir, who was 13-9 with a 3.48 ERA last season, when he led the AL with 239 strikeouts -- one fewer than major league leader Jake Peavy. "On my last warmup pitch ... I just kind of felt a little discomfort."

The Rays said the 24-year-old, who signed a $3.785 million, one-year contract last month, would undergo a MRI exam later in the day. His status will be updated on Wednesday.

Kazmir, an All-Star two years ago, made a club-record 34 starts last season and is being counted on to head an improved rotation also featuring two other promising young starters, James Shields and Matt Garza.

Kazmir, scheduled to work one inning, said he didn't feel a pop in his elbow.

"No, nothing like that. Discomfort," he said, adding that he shut himself down immediately because he didn't want to take any unnecessary chances.

"It was just a little scary because I never felt it before," Kazmir added. "It kind of feels like maybe I tried to do a little too much to get warmed up. Maybe I hyperextended it or something like that. That's kind of what it feels like."

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 26, 2008, 02:40:40 PM

That's ^^^  great news. :(
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 447
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2008 Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools