Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's show. Did he call out Caddy? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: November 28, 2006, 05:26:05 PM

I just listened to the podcast of Gruden's radio show from Monday, and while talking about facing adversity and criticism JG said the following word-for-word:

"I hope our players learn from this. I hope Carnell Williams knows how sick it is to be 3-8 and maybe that will motivate him to have a better offseason and a hell of a lot better training camp, and a better everything next year. I want our players to remember how sick this feeling is and how awful it is, so we never get here again."

#1 : November 28, 2006, 05:31:50 PM

I just listened to the podcast of Gruden's radio show from Monday, and while talking about facing adversity and criticism JG said the following word-for-word:

"I hope our players learn from this. I hope Carnell Williams knows how sick it is to be 3-8 and maybe that will motivate him to have a better offseason and a hell of a lot better training camp, and a better everything next year. I want our players to remember how sick this feeling is and how awful it is, so we never get here again."

He was referring to the young players on the team.  I don't think that he was calling Caddy out.  But, then again, I'm not a sensationalist.

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 28, 2006, 05:34:05 PM

You could think that, but I took it that he was using Cadillac as an example of how the teams needs to view the situation.  Also, when I've heard him talk about Cadillac I have concluded that he see him as one of the young leaders that he will depend on in the future.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : November 28, 2006, 05:34:34 PM

Sounds like he was calling everybody out, not just Cadillac. But Cadillac is the future of this franchise so he wanted to make sure he was using him as an example.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : November 28, 2006, 05:37:24 PM

Cadillac is the future and face of the offense.  With the struggling offense, it makes sense that he would call out Caddy.  IMO, none of this is Cadillac's fault.  More blame falls on the o-line and the stone hands WR's we have.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : November 28, 2006, 05:41:09 PM

You could think that, but I took it that he was using Cadillac as an example of how the teams needs to view the situation.  Also, when I've heard him talk about Cadillac I have concluded that he see him as one of the young leaders that he will depend on in the future.   

You're right that he views Carnell as one of the young leaders of the future.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think he sees the talent of Caddy and maybe Gruden thought he could have done more to prepare for the season and wants him to get the most out of his talents....With Caddy  hanging around with Clayton so much, I can imagine Gruden doesn't want him to catch #80s fat-cat syndrome

#6 : November 28, 2006, 05:48:35 PM

You could think that, but I took it that he was using Cadillac as an example of how the teams needs to view the situation.  Also, when I've heard him talk about Cadillac I have concluded that he see him as one of the young leaders that he will depend on in the future.   

You're right that he views Carnell as one of the young leaders of the future.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think he sees the talent of Caddy and maybe Gruden thought he could have done more to prepare for the season and wants him to get the most out of his talents....With Caddy  hanging around with Clayton so much, I can imagine Gruden doesn't want him to catch #80s fat-cat syndrome

For a fat cat, Clayton sure ain't looking too hot right now.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 28, 2006, 06:29:45 PM

So what if he is?  He should be calling out a lot of people who are helping the team to suck this year.  Gruden has a full share of responsibility, and part of that responsibility is to motivate players to win, whether its by getting on their good side or under their skin. 

Why do people think Jon Gruden has to turn into Tony Dungy?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : November 28, 2006, 06:31:27 PM

So what if he is?  He should be calling out a lot of people who are helping the team to suck this year.  Gruden has a full share of responsibility, and part of that responsibility is to motivate players to win, whether its by getting on their good side or under their skin. 

Why do people think Jon Gruden has to turn into Tony Dungy?

who said it was a bad thing???

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 28, 2006, 06:42:11 PM

part of what made sapplynchbrooks so good and such a spark for this team their whole career is because they experienced an extreme of losing and national disrespect that they didn't ever want to revisit.  i'd hope some of our young offensive players are getting that same taste in their mouths right now.

ronde's my favorite player, so no disrespect to him, but his first experience of really playing on a losing team was 2003 - i think guys who started their careers here after the pewter but before the superbowl are just too shocked about losing to be fired up and angry about it like the old bucs (sapp, lynch, nickerson) used to be.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 28, 2006, 07:07:15 PM

I agree with the leadership thing.  Caddy has started talking about being a leader lately too.  Not sure if anyone can understand what he's saying, but maybe he's trying to lead by example...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 28, 2006, 07:11:13 PM

All we heard in the off-season was how hard Caddy was working.

I like the fact that Gruden called everyone out.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 28, 2006, 08:06:21 PM

On Bay News 9 last night, they reported that Caddy has never played for a team with a losing record.  (highschool, college, and Pro)
That is probably why he called out Caddys name.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#13 : November 28, 2006, 11:03:39 PM

I agree with Gruden, everyone needs to have a great offseason. This season has been a nightmare for me as a fan of this team and sure for the players.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 28, 2006, 11:06:19 PM

I agree with him ... they all need to be called out!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's show. Did he call out Caddy? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools