Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Some Religious People Really Have A Neurological Disorder? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 19, 2008, 11:39:16 PM

You're so right, Chrispy.

Listen, lots of churches do some great things and offer a place where people of like mind
can get together and fellowship. I may not agree with what is in those like minds but
I understand the benefits of having that type of fellowship.

But to judge somebody because they don't go to church? Nah.

And for me, I don't understand why people judge me for not believing that Jesus was
the literal SoG. I know Christians don't agree with me (because the Bible says otherwise)
but if you must judge me, do it on my deeds and how I treat others. For me, that's all
that matters.

I honestly don't think some religious people (that I am referring to) have a neurological
disorder. It's way to harsh to say that, IMO. But, these people DO have a mindset that
is totally foreign to me and I'll never understand it. They are very different than me.
Why is that? How is that? It fascinates me, as well as frustrates me at times.

One more thing on fellowship. I wish I had a place where I could go each week to meet
other open minded skeptics on subjects such as life after death, UFOs and other paranormal
mysteries. I might have to start my own cult. :-)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 20, 2008, 12:02:50 AM

Hey when we all die it's going to be just YOU and nothing or no one else will matter at that point, so however you feel you want to live your lives and believe or not believe has no effect on anyone else but YOU in the end. And alot of christians or religious people forget that point and wanna control someone who doesn't belong to them in any form - period.

#32 : February 20, 2008, 12:36:10 AM

religious people have some sort of disorder i'll say that.
hell the whole world is screwed up because of religion.
not to be offensive but that is my opinion. I think people have good intentions with religion but it is also used for as a tool to control people and their thinking.

My question to everyone is, why does anyone who believes in God & prays and has a set of standards they live by have to belong to any RELIGION or go to church?? Like I told one die hard christian at my job who was judging me for not belonging to any church or not going at all, "that's like saying to have a great taco I have to go to Taco Bell only, when Ortega puts out a great taco dinner you can have right at home that tastes just as good and maybe even better". He then said "o'kay if you say so Chris, but you still need to join a church to recieve God in his proper form"(so in other words he just didn't get it).

It's very important to find and meet with the true Christian congregation and here's the reason Chrispy:

Hebrews 10:24 & 25

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (New International Version)

24 And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities,

25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching. (Amplified Bible)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 20, 2008, 01:06:06 AM

Yeah but I believe that God approves private worship the same as he does public worshipping, and since I have done both that gives me the right to keep my beliefs and my prayer time private and recieve the same results that you do.  ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 20, 2008, 01:37:02 AM

First of all, anyone who can tell me where I am bound for after death, and can judge me for that in life, is a moron, and I have said that to peoples faces.  That kind of talk irks me.

I believe in living a good life, in living a life in which you cause the least amount of grief as you can possibly control.  After that, it is in "other" hands.

I cannot stnad religious types who say, "Do this or this will happen"...faith is fine.  But casting judgement on such vastly important things is beyond ANY mortal hands.  I believe in a bigger entity, because I have a brain, and a soul.  But for others to cast their puny judgement on me is the talk of a man who enjoys causing misery...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 20, 2008, 07:53:27 AM

First of all, anyone who can tell me where I am bound for after death, and can judge me for that in life, is a moron, and I have said that to peoples faces. That kind of talk irks me.

I believe in living a good life, in living a life in which you cause the least amount of grief as you can possibly control. After that, it is in "other" hands.

I cannot stnad religious types who say, "Do this or this will happen"...faith is fine. But casting judgement on such vastly important things is beyond ANY mortal hands. I believe in a bigger entity, because I have a brain, and a soul. But for others to cast their puny judgement on me is the talk of a man who enjoys causing misery...
Hope you have fun in hell, Mr Helly McHellbreath!!

Repent, for a day of judgement is about to crane kick you all in the nuts!!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 20, 2008, 08:14:27 AM

First of all, anyone who can tell me where I am bound for after death, and can judge me for that in life, is a moron, and I have said that to peoples faces. That kind of talk irks me.

I believe in living a good life, in living a life in which you cause the least amount of grief as you can possibly control. After that, it is in "other" hands.

I cannot stnad religious types who say, "Do this or this will happen"...faith is fine. But casting judgement on such vastly important things is beyond ANY mortal hands. I believe in a bigger entity, because I have a brain, and a soul. But for others to cast their puny judgement on me is the talk of a man who enjoys causing misery...

LMAO!!

"Helly MCHellbreath"...ROTFLMAO!!

I am going to print that on a jersey and wear it around town...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 20, 2008, 10:40:52 AM

Do some religious people lose their ability to think for themselves when they decide
to believe everything they: read in the Bible and hear in their church?

There is no doubt that those people have issues. It's sad that they can't get away from a fictional book.

BucNative

Starter

#38 : February 20, 2008, 11:38:13 AM

LMAO!!

"Helly MCHellbreath"...ROTFLMAO!!

I am going to print that on a jersey and wear it around town...

Dude you HAVE to print the second part on the back of the shirt.  A crane kick in the nuts! HAAAAA! 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 20, 2008, 12:31:24 PM

He then said "o'kay if you say so Chris, but you still need to join a church to recieve God in his proper form"(so in other words he just didn't get it).

He is right.  Without proper audits and proceeding through the steps to reach a state of ''clear'', the Thetans will keep you from receiving God in his ''proper form''.  The church that can provide you with the "proper forms'' is on Fort Harrison St in CLearwater.  Proper form includes Visa, MC, Amex, Check or cash.  No video cameras, please.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 20, 2008, 03:05:29 PM

I believe some religious people have nureological problems.  the same can be said for non-religious folks as well.  I entered the Marines when I was 17 years old.  The whole experience now seems a little unreal.  I was in boot camp for just three months, but what a difference those three months have made in a lot of people I met while at boot camp.  Boot camp is a form of "brain-washing" in a sense, since you are programmed to think and react a certain way.  For me, I figured the best thing to do was to go along with everything and graduate, since that would probably be my fastest way off the island.  However, the majority of people that I graduated with act just the same after we left boot camp as they do now.  They still believe the Marines are the best ever, do or die, semper fi.  I'm a devil dog, etc.  And they will beat your a@$ if you say otherwise. 
Now take someone from the time they are born and tell them that their religion is the only way.  It makes no difference whether they are catholic, protestant, muslim, etc.  It's your typical "my way or the highway" attitude that turns others off.  Today we have a new breed of people who weren't raised with any particular religious background at all.  These people say just live life and do as you please, and the rest will take care of itself.  Most of these people may conisder themselves aethiests, but some prefer to say they believe in something, whether it's bigfoot or little green aliens.  Your scientolgists say that their religion is a religion that requires no "faith."  "Faith" is just another word for belief.  So in other words, you don't have to believe in anything to be a scientologist.  I was turned off by the "church" for many years of being forced to go as a child.  But it was God who came to me in my darkest hour and turned my life around.  The Apostle Paul had a similar experience himself as he was heading toward Damascus to persecute Christians.  And it was Christ, when asked of His return, what would be the sign?  His reply was, "it will be just like it was during the days of Noah; people would be merry and going about business as usual.  Not many people believed what Noah was saying about the flood.  Not many people "WANT" to believe the gospel message of Jesus Christ: "repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand." 
The single greatest gift you will ever receive is "CHOICE."  For those who choose not to believe, I simply pray for them.  Because in time, all of us will realize that no amount of wealth, knowledge, or fame will ever bring true joy and peace.  I believe the Bible is the very word of God, and is the map for each of our lives while on earth.  I know that it is the most historical and recorded book in the world.  I'm reminded as I write these things of the old gospel song, Amazing Grace.  A stanza in the song says this; "I once was lost, but now I'm found."  These words ring loudly for me for I too once was lost, simply believing that I had all the answers, I was in total control of my life, God didn't exist, I can do whatever I want and there will be no repercussions.  The truth is, that when God found me, he had to erase everything I had ever learned and start over.  I had to be His child.  The thing that I feared the most had happened; I was now the Christian. 
But you know what?  It isn't really that bad..... 

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 20, 2008, 09:10:06 PM

Very very well put Boid and that's basically what it will all boil down to in the end, and not one other person on earth will be there with you once the lights go out forever so it's not their right to judge or predict.

#42 : February 21, 2008, 03:09:03 AM

My question to everyone is, why does anyone who believes in God & prays and has a set of standards they live by have to belong to any RELIGION or go to church?? Like I told one die hard christian at my job who was judging me for not belonging to any church or not going at all, "that's like saying to have a great taco I have to go to Taco Bell only, when Ortega puts out a great taco dinner you can have right at home that tastes just as good and maybe even better". He then said "o'kay if you say so Chris, but you still need to join a church to recieve God in his proper form"(so in other words he just didn't get it).

Terrible analogy but I agree with what you're saying

Organized religion is no sham if you ask me. I tend to agree with Chrispy's take and I havent gone to church in years, and maybe it's just me but Ive only been around good church going people. They are only interested in spreading the word, and helping people and never impose their beliefs on anyone. Warm hearted people that don't judge anyone.

Seeing is how the times I have gone to church, it was nothing but great experiences, I tend to laugh off the atheist hate mongors who crap all over organized religion

#43 : February 21, 2008, 03:39:05 AM

Wow sorry I posted this thread should've ended with Bucsguru. Great post, dude

Chrispy I disagree with your last post. you should read what bucsguru said

And it was Christ, when asked of His return, what would be the sign?  His reply was, "it will be just like it was during the days of Noah; people would be merry and going about business as usual.  Not many people believed what Noah was saying about the flood.  Not many people "WANT" to believe the gospel message of Jesus Christ: "repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand."

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 21, 2008, 07:31:05 AM

I believe the Bible is the very word of God, and is the map for each of our lives while on earth.  I know that it is the most historical and recorded book in the world. 

I sure hope the Bible isnt the very word of God... I dont know how much faith I'd have in a God that finds stealing cattle so pressing he chooses to list that in his top 10 rules.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Some Religious People Really Have A Neurological Disorder? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools