Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Lead Pipe Locks Version 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 19, 2008, 02:57:50 PM

After doing little to no research, being that I am not a GM, but just a  fan this is my second version of Yucc's lead pipe locks.

With the team already resign Michael Bennett, the team will still need to have a back of the future, lets face it Williams maybe done and with Pittman seeing the writing on the wall he wont be back nor will the team be able to lure a free agent back that is starter caliber to share carries.

The bigger need now that Brian Kelly has opted out is at CB.

With the recent news of Coleman and Crumpler being dumped by the Falcons add more players to free agency.

Cuts
Kevin Carter
Greg Spires
Ryan Nece
Chris Simms

Free Agents
DT Rod Coleman
DE Justin Smith
CB Marcus Trufunt
TE Agle Crumpler
WR Bryant Johnson
DE Antwan Odom

Draft
1. Rashard Mendenhall RB
2. Mario Manningham WR
3. Trevor Laws DT
4. Josh Johnson QB
5. Mike Pollak C

53 MAN ROSTER
QB Garcia / McCown / Johnson
RB Graham / Bennett / Mendenhall
FB Askew / Storer
WR Galloway / Johnson / Manningham / Hilliard / Clayton / Stovall
TE Crumpler / Smith / Stevens
OT Petitgout / Trueblood / Penn
G Joseph / Sears / Davis / Lehr
C Buenning / Pollak
DE  Adams / Smith / White / Odom
DT  Hovan / Haye / Coleman / Laws / Peterson
OLB Brooks / June / Black / Hayward
MLB Ruud / Cash
CB Barber / Trufunt / Buchanon / Davis
S Jackson / Phillips / Piscitelli / Allen
K Bryant
P  Bidwell
LS Economos

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

marlevr

Second String
#1 : February 19, 2008, 03:01:00 PM

interesting...

btw, fix the thread title.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 19, 2008, 03:19:04 PM

Not bad. A lot of reasonableness to it.

I'm not sure about Center.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Robb22

Starter
#3 : February 19, 2008, 03:43:43 PM

IMO and absolute A+
If the Bucs were able to get those 6 in FA I'd give the Bucs the best offseaon in years and a contender for next year.

The only change I'd make is that I don't think M Mannigham will last untill the late 2nd.
So how about this..
1st rd, M Manningham
2nd rd, RB K Smith or J Charles, Charles is as fast as Bennett with more size.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 19, 2008, 03:54:12 PM

Yucc,

I also doubt that Manningham would last until the 2nd and I think I would also rather have Manningham than Mendenhall. I like Robb22's pick of Smith or Charles in the 2nd. Otherwise, that's not a bad looking roster. If the off season unfolded that way, I would think that a lot of people would see us as repeating as South Champs.

However, not a big fan of Johnson's, but could live with him - I think I'd rather have Stallworth (can't have enough speed). I too, wonder if we can depend on Buenning as our Center for next season. Don't know much about Pollak, but I do see that you tried to address it.

Pretty good off-season Mr. GMwannabe!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 19, 2008, 03:59:50 PM

Yuccs - that outcome would answer quite a few prayers...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 19, 2008, 04:22:06 PM

I like it for the most part. Its a bit dreamy to get the two top FA DE's, especially since they might have the opportunity to be the sure starter on another team, but would love it if we could.

Nothing wrong with dreaming. I like who you targeted and who you cut. Getting rid of spires and carter would free up some more cap space.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#7 : February 19, 2008, 04:37:00 PM

I like it, I agree that we may have to take WR in 1st, RB in second. Plus I think Ryan Sims will beat out Peterson at DT.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 19, 2008, 04:48:39 PM

Unfortunately, I suspect you're about a round late for each of those draft picks.  You're most likely also overly optimistic on how many free agents the team'll be able to sign, but it'd be fun, wouldn't it?

MVP

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 19, 2008, 04:57:45 PM

That draft. I would be thanking God for blessing the Bucs so.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 19, 2008, 05:44:41 PM

Yucc,
no one on this board should ever accuse you of being a pessimist...don't know about LEAD pipe locks, maybe PVC pipe...enjoyable read as usual

You must be accountable for your actions!

#11 : February 19, 2008, 05:49:44 PM

Lead pipe? More like garden hose.

How will be end up with Manningham and Mendenhall?

dm4bucs

Starter
#12 : February 19, 2008, 05:51:15 PM

Unfortunately, I suspect you're about a round late for each of those draft picks.  You're most likely also overly optimistic on how many free agents the team'll be able to sign, but it'd be fun, wouldn't it?

I'd agree on the one round late theory on that draft b/c mario will be gone a few picks after we go if we don't take him and laws is rising to a 2nd round pick and will be there for sure if he has a good combine.  Mendenhall is a good player but he is getting too much good press with people putting him as the number 1 back like mayock from nfl network did already and will go before we pick i think to someone like houston.  FA would be amazing tho if we got all those players, but i'm hoping for smith, coleman, and alge atleast.

Robb22

Starter
#13 : February 20, 2008, 10:27:36 AM

I've allready posted that I think this is an A+ offseason plan.
After wathing NFL network's Total Access this morning they were talking about Marcus Trufant and said the fact  that he grew up in Washington (state) and went to Washington St,  there very little chance that he would leave that area. 
There's a big difference and alot of miles between Tampa and Seatle.
Also said Seahawks could still franchise him.

What other options are there at CB?
I love A Samule and I think the Bucs have the $ to sign him, but would limit some other needed FA's   

gypsie

Starter

#14 : February 20, 2008, 11:36:11 AM

Would love if all that happened but highly doubt it, but you could sub Donnie Avery for Manningham but not too likely he will be there either depending on his 40 time at the combine.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Lead Pipe Locks Version 2.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools