Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Lead Pipe Locks Version 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 20, 2008, 12:27:18 PM

Didn't Odom re-sign with Tennessee?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 20, 2008, 12:54:08 PM

The thing everyone leaves off of their roster predictions is the status of Ike Hilliard and Michael Clayton.

Say the Bucs do add 2 WRs that leap frog Hilliard and Clayton on the depth chart, that gives you Galloway, Manningam, Johnson, Stovall(special teams), and a kick returner(possibly Jerome Mathis who isn't being resigned by HOU).  The Bucs certainly aren't going to keep 7 WRs again like they did in a previous year, are they?

Plus, is Hilliard really worth keeping around to be the 4th WR?  and does he even want to be?  Hilliard is better then Clayton at this point, but Clayton is younger and looks like he could be good on special teams

I dont know, I just know that I dont see us keeping both of them around, especially Hilliard who would go from the #2 guy to the #4 guy.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 20, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Who is the 53rd player. I counted that 3 times and got 52.

Also think your draft picks might be questionable.

Where is Sims? (1 "m")?

Doubt we would get Crumpler or Trufant.  $

Good job overall.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 20, 2008, 02:20:15 PM

Wild card player for the 53, I did not put the 53rd player on there because I was dreaming of picking up my pee-wee cleats and making  a come back of sorts and becoming the ace in the hole as the returnman/gunner and leading the team in special team tackles as well as the league in punt/kickoff returns for touchdowns with a combined total of 16 one return for TD per game. While I may not be fast, I do have the testicular fortitude and the willingness to take a lick and keep on going. That along with paying the other team off should get me noticed around the league as a PTP.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 20, 2008, 02:24:11 PM

Didn't Odom re-sign with Tennessee?
Nope. While they do have money, they also have two defensive linemen better than Odom who need to get paid.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 20, 2008, 02:25:27 PM

The thing everyone leaves off of their roster predictions is the status of Ike Hilliard and Michael Clayton.

Say the Bucs do add 2 WRs that leap frog Hilliard and Clayton on the depth chart, that gives you Galloway, Manningam, Johnson, Stovall(special teams), and a kick returner(possibly Jerome Mathis who isn't being resigned by HOU). The Bucs certainly aren't going to keep 7 WRs again like they did in a previous year, are they?

Plus, is Hilliard really worth keeping around to be the 4th WR? and does he even want to be? Hilliard is better then Clayton at this point, but Clayton is younger and looks like he could be good on special teams

I dont know, I just know that I dont see us keeping both of them around, especially Hilliard who would go from the #2 guy to the #4 guy.

I don't see Clayton and Hilliard as interchangeable. Hilliard is a guy who finds the holes in the secondary to keep the chains moving. Clayton does not seem to have an affinity to do this. Paris Warren is more suited to the Hilliard role.

FWIW....barring some improvement....I don't see both Clayton and Stovall on the roster next season. Both can't get open consistently and Clayton has trouble hanging on to the ball when he is open.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 20, 2008, 02:28:21 PM

Considering Petigouts injury history, that is pretty thin at OT.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 20, 2008, 02:44:02 PM

Still have Penn with another years experience and Davis in a pinch.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 20, 2008, 02:55:57 PM

The thing with the offensive line is that Davis can play LT / G, Penn can play either LT / RT, Lehr can Play G / C and Buenning at this point can play G maybe even C but that is still up in the air. so there is a lot of versatility along the line in case of injuries.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 20, 2008, 03:08:34 PM

How do we know Penn is going to get better with experience?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 20, 2008, 04:43:33 PM

How do we know Penn is going to get better with experience?

I think he meant "...Penn who got another years experience in 2007..."

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 21, 2008, 07:20:32 AM

Thank you John

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 21, 2008, 08:43:19 AM

After doing little to no research, being that I am not a GM, but just a fan this is my second version of Yucc's lead pipe locks.

With the team already resign Michael Bennett, the team will still need to have a back of the future, lets face it Williams maybe done and with Pittman seeing the writing on the wall he wont be back nor will the team be able to lure a free agent back that is starter caliber to share carries.

The bigger need now that Brian Kelly has opted out is at CB.

With the recent news of Coleman and Crumpler being dumped by the Falcons add more players to free agency.

Cuts
Kevin Carter
Greg Spires
Ryan Nece
Chris Simms

Free Agents
DT Rod Coleman
DE Justin Smith
CB Marcus Trufunt
TE Agle Crumpler
WR Bryant Johnson
DE Antwan Odom

Draft
1. Rashard Mendenhall RB
2. Mario Manningham WR
3. Trevor Laws DT
4. Josh Johnson QB
5. Mike Pollak C

53 MAN ROSTER
QB Garcia / McCown / Johnson
RB Graham / Bennett / Mendenhall
FB Askew / Storer
WR Galloway / Johnson / Manningham / Hilliard / Clayton / Stovall
TE Crumpler / Smith / Stevens
OT Petitgout / Trueblood / Penn
G Joseph / Sears / Davis / Lehr
C Buenning / Pollak
DE Adams / Smith / White / Odom
DT Hovan / Haye / Coleman / Laws / Peterson
OLB Brooks / June / Black / Hayward
MLB Ruud / Cash
CB Barber / Trufunt / Buchanon / Davis
S Jackson / Phillips / Piscitelli / Allen
K Bryant
P Bidwell
LS Economos

Nice Yuc,

I have a few tweaks though. 

From the cuts I think Kevin Carter stays.  Just a feeling on that.  No real justification other than his leadership in the locker room.  Think I read somewhere that Trufunt got franchized so scratch him.  Personally I don't think we draft a center if we do he won't start and we don't know enough about whats going on with Dan to plug him is and the starter.  I think Bruce will find us a center, which I think is the most critical piece of the puzzle for next year.  Not fond of Mich WR's although I like Mannigham, he scares me.  I also think Pearson gets invited back to camp and beats Allen for the last safety spot... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 21, 2008, 09:17:05 AM

just an off the wall guess...im sure someone here can predict better -

Free Agents
DT Rod Coleman        -    4 mil
DE Justin Smith          -    6 mil
CB Marcus Trufunt     -     5 mil
TE Agle Crumpler       -    4 mil
WR Bryant Johnson   -     3 mil
DE Antwan Odom      -    4 mil

thats alot of cash.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 22, 2008, 12:41:33 PM

just an off the wall guess...im sure someone here can predict better -

Free Agents
DT Rod Coleman - 4 mil
DE Justin Smith - 6 mil
CB Marcus Trufunt - 5 mil
TE Agle Crumpler - 4 mil
WR Bryant Johnson - 3 mil
DE Antwan Odom - 4 mil

thats alot of cash.

scrap Trufant...as far as the $$$, it depends on how it is paid...if its Kevin Carter $$$ not bad at all, if its bonus $$$, that could add up if the players don't pan out...JMO

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Lead Pipe Locks Version 2.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools