Boards > The Red Board

Amid the Doom and Gloom....Some Promise

(1/1)

finnbluebucs:
Our O-Line ranks 13th in the League in Sacks allowed with only 21.

Whether this is because of Grads' mobility or not, at least it shows that our O-Line is headed in the right direction in the pass game.

Compare this stat to last season where our O-Line finished 20th in this same column with 41 sacks allowed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=11&_1:col_1=11

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: Patrik Leskinen on November 28, 2006, 06:40:13 PM ---Whether this is because of Grads' mobility or not, at least it shows that our O-Line is headed in the right direction in the pass game.

--- End quote ---

Quite a bit of it. At the risk of being accused of disliking him, if Simms were back there you could probably add about 8 more sacks to that number. He's just not as mobile.

keeponbucn:

--- Quote from: DanTurksGhost on November 28, 2006, 06:57:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Patrik Leskinen on November 28, 2006, 06:40:13 PM ---Whether this is because of Grads' mobility or not, at least it shows that our O-Line is headed in the right direction in the pass game.

--- End quote ---

Quite a bit of it. At the risk of being accused of disliking him, if Simms were back there you could probably add about 8 more sacks to that number. He's just not as mobile.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about that. You could see after the first game that team's weren't even rushing Simms. They would just sit back and swat the pass away. It was ridiculous. Screw Simms.

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: keeponbucn on November 28, 2006, 07:35:38 PM ---I'm not sure about that. You could see after the first game that team's weren't even rushing Simms. They would just sit back and swat the pass away. It was ridiculous. Screw Simms.

--- End quote ---

Well, I didn't consider that.

gone:

--- Quote from: DanTurksGhost on November 28, 2006, 07:41:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: keeponbucn on November 28, 2006, 07:35:38 PM ---I'm not sure about that. You could see after the first game that team's weren't even rushing Simms. They would just sit back and swat the pass away. It was ridiculous. Screw Simms.

--- End quote ---

Well, I didn't consider that.

--- End quote ---
They were rushing, but if they didn't get immediate penetration they backed off and played volleyball.  "Book on Simms" chapter 1...

#2Linebacker32:
Well if they cant get to the QB coaches tell thier lineman to get thier hands up and try and swat the ball. I dont think teams was backing off the pressure on porpose just to bat a ball down. its just not the way thing work on D. I think even then the line was getting good pass blocking it was just Simms getting his balls batted down...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version