Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Team releases D. Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 20, 2008, 07:23:13 PM

With Asomugha being tagged Exclusive today, I'd imagine there could be some interest for him to come back and play corner.
I  Didn't like him before his exit a few years back and I don't know if I'd like him to return or not . . . I know he got into some trouble since leaving, but don't know how much or for what as I haven't really cared enough to pay attention.  

Updated: "arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession during the 2007 regular season."  Well, doesn't sound like he's matured since his departure.  I think I'll go on my initial gut feeling and pass.

#16 : February 20, 2008, 07:41:52 PM

A little weed and stairway sex didn't hurt anyone.

That's what i'm screaming!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#17 : February 20, 2008, 09:32:54 PM

bump

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 20, 2008, 09:34:38 PM

We have already been down this road with him and that was during his really good years, but I really wouldn't want him back here at this point.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 20, 2008, 10:16:52 PM

Id be happy to have him back

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 20, 2008, 10:21:35 PM

A little weed and stairway sex didn't hurt anyone.

That's what i'm screaming!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yea - but when you know you have to pee in the bottle, and bad press will cost you millions - well you need to be a little smarter than this guy evidently is.  Gonna have to say the buccs would be better off passing on a player whose on field performance in Tampa I enjoyed...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#21 : February 21, 2008, 12:15:10 AM

Smith is good for insurance and an upgrade over Will Allen.  I could see him competing for the nickel CB, but there might be better options out there at CB.  Would probably be wise to wait until after the draft.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 21, 2008, 12:19:04 AM

Smith is good for insurance and an upgrade over Will Allen. I could see him competing for the nickel CB, but there might be better options out there at CB. Would probably be wise to wait until after the draft.
Agreed.

But as far as "insurance" for Will Allen goes...Will Allen sucks.  He might be special teams saavy, but with Tjax and Phillips and Sabby out there, would rather say just keep Will Allen, let Dwight go elsewhere.  Save the money to sign Algernon, or Stallworth.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 21, 2008, 12:24:34 AM

I wouldn't mind him back...but I rather much have a better CB.  Ronde Barber is aging and could digress, Bucchanon is decent, and Smith is a question mark.

With Trufant tagged, looks like we either have to break the bank with Samuel or draft a CB high

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 21, 2008, 07:36:07 AM

Love his play and attitude on the field.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Team releases D. Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools