Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF Why no politics? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : October 01, 2006, 08:41:48 PM

And to ban them during an election year! Maybe thyat's why we haven't seen Nybucguy. :P

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#16 : October 01, 2006, 10:46:48 PM

But you're right he's entertaining....about as entertaining as hanging out at a Star Trek convention just to stare at the freaks.

I laughed pretty good at this.

Seriously though, I don't get the 1000 threads complaining about no politics.  If you really want to talk politics I am sure there are plenty of places on the web to do so.  Invite your friends from here if needed.  If there aren't any places, this would be a great opportunity for some entrepreneur to create a place where all you people can congregrate and talk politics....  ::)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 02, 2006, 12:17:31 AM

Thank GOD, there are no more poloitics. We need a Pirate's Cove Police officer. I nominate BoidFink!!

I nominate you man.

You are the Emperor of sending people into the Cove.

PIRATES COVE!

No more size changes either?

Dang.

hotboxd

Rookie

#18 : October 02, 2006, 12:32:24 AM

posted by BucJason:

a LITTLE nutty? wow that's the understatement of the year.

But you're right ufojoe he's entertaining....about as entertaining as hanging out at a Star Trek convention just to stare at the freaks.

a LITTLE nutty? wow that's the understatement of the year.

But you're right, BucJason he's entertaining...about as entertaining as hanging out at a Dukes of Hazzard convention just to stare at the ignorant fools.

Prejudice works both ways, **CENSORED**bag.   ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 02, 2006, 12:34:40 AM

Get off of UFOJoe.  Nothing wrong with the guy.  He never name calls, and tries to liven things up.  Get over it.

He makes the place interesting.  Unlike some of you clowns. >:(

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 02, 2006, 01:20:04 AM

No more size changes either?

Dang.
I know....that sucks!!! I still have this though....

#21 : October 02, 2006, 01:36:48 AM

This is not 1930s Germany or Bucs.com.

LMAO!

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#22 : October 02, 2006, 01:40:59 AM

wow, can't believe SR or JF have not replied to this.

#23 : October 02, 2006, 01:44:47 AM

It's hit or miss whether they see/reply to topics. Personally, I could almost careless about politics here but was curious why they arent allowed.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 02, 2006, 11:33:54 AM

Why don't they answer the question???

I agree, the no politics rule is bunk.  We've had some GREAT discussions.  As far as UFO Joe's posts, I don't agree with the majority of them, but then again, I don't read the ones I don't agree with/don't care about.  His posts don't bother me in the least. 

How bout we petition for a rule change on this.  After all, without us, their is no PR...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 02, 2006, 04:41:01 PM

Boid, they said they got lots of complaints in emails. Who do you suppose was complaining? As someone on the receiving end of some nastiness (& female bashing) I didn't complain. Very curious who did. ???

I would like to know who complained also.....Ok out with it who are the thin skinned complainers? We know you are reading this thread so confess.  Who has been sending JF/SR complaints everyday?

#26 : October 02, 2006, 11:51:06 AM

Dogs on Mars. ;)

I like ufojoe and favor no restrictions on discussion subjects. This is not 1930s Germany or Bucs.com.

LOL....;D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 02, 2006, 11:51:27 AM

Why don't they answer the question???

I agree, the no politics rule is bunk.  We've had some GREAT discussions.  As far as UFO Joe's posts, I don't agree with the majority of them, but then again, I don't read the ones I don't agree with/don't care about.  His posts don't bother me in the least. 

How bout we petition for a rule change on this.  After all, without us, their is no PR...

The question was answered on the insider board.  ;)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 02, 2006, 11:52:31 AM

CORRECTION:  Without the paying customers there is no PR.  ;)

#29 : October 02, 2006, 12:45:11 PM

I arrived today to find this rule.  I have to say that I find it a bit odd.  An off topic board is specifcially for that type of discussion.  Is the goal to eliminate disagreement or argument?  I think religion should be off limits as well, if that is the case.

In fact, why have an off topic board if certain legitimate topics will be off limits.  If the problem is the level of intensity accompanying these discussions, why aren't posts containing objectionable treatment of other posters disallowed?  The forum is moderated, is it not?  Insulting other posters is apparently acceptable, though, because I see it quite frequently.

I certainly support PR in doing what they feel needs to be done, but a shift this large in policy would warrant a public statement, would it not?  I say, if the off topic board will be limited in this way, just be honest that you don't want people expressing their opinions on a football-related site, and remove the off topic board completely.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF Why no politics? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools