Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF Why no politics? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 02, 2006, 12:55:26 PM

CORRECTION: Without the paying customers there is no PR. ;)

I will agree with that. I'm a customer myself; just not to the on-line opportunities.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 02, 2006, 12:58:28 PM

Why don't they answer the question???

I agree, the no politics rule is bunk.

SR/JF will no longer be answering questions on the red board.  That is for PI guys only.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#32 : October 02, 2006, 01:03:14 PM

You guys get your decoder ring yet? :P

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 02, 2006, 01:09:43 PM

I don't see a problem with Jim and Scott only answering questions on the Insider forum. I don't think it's some secret society. They're paying members. We get the magazine, but I didn't want to pay anything else for the on-line ability. I don't have a problem with not being able to access the Insider forum. I didn't pay for the on-line access, so I'm not mad about it. If you are curious about it, then you have to subscribe. It's been that way for a long while now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 02, 2006, 01:13:38 PM

I don't see a problem with Jim and Scott only answering questions on the Insider forum. I don't think it's some secret society. They're paying members. We get the magazine, but I didn't want to pay anything else for the on-line ability. I don't have a problem with not being able to access the Insider forum. I didn't pay for the on-line access, so I'm not mad about it. If you are curious about it, then you have to subscribe. It's been that way for a long while now.

It seems a bit much, considering how the place has been run.  But I cannot saay I disagree.  It just makes being a PI guy a bit sweeter.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#35 : October 02, 2006, 01:22:29 PM

The Insider board is a great idea but some of us dont like to subscribe to any publication. I buy it at the newsstand when I get the chance. It seems lately that there has been an effort to ostracize those who dont subscribe even though we do contribute to their bottom line. If I were confident that they werent going to add on an even higher level of premiums, I would subscribe.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 02, 2006, 01:24:20 PM

The Insider board is a great idea but some of us dont like to subscribe to any publication. I buy it at the newsstand when I get the chance. It seems lately that there has been an effort to ostracize those who dont subscribe even though we do contribute to their bottom line. If I were confident that they werent going to add on an even higher level of premiums, I would subscribe.

Why buy at the newstand when you can save by sub?

AND it makes you a PI guy.  It isn't about creating an elite society, but getting what you pay for...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 02, 2006, 01:26:14 PM

You don't have to subscribe to the on-line access to still get the magazine, 1976. There's a combination package (magazine and on-line access), but you can also just subscribe to the magazine.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 02, 2006, 01:26:42 PM

The reduced the subs a few weeks ago.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#39 : October 02, 2006, 01:29:39 PM

Why buy at the newstand when you can save by sub?

AND it makes you a PI guy.  It isn't about creating an elite society, but getting what you pay for...

You are right of course about the savings, its just that I dont like to subscribe to magazines . It usually ends up being a headache when I move, always has. But I might as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 02, 2006, 01:35:55 PM

You are right of course about the savings, its just that I dont like to subscribe to magazines . It usually ends up being a headache when I move, always has. But I might as well.

Right on man.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#41 : October 02, 2006, 01:44:02 PM

Right on man.

Thanks Boid.  Im going on the road next week for at least 2 months so I will subscribe when I come home. Want to take advantage of the full year of online privileges.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 02, 2006, 02:01:33 PM

I think it's a smart move that they keep their FOOTBALL opinions to the insider board.
This is how they make their living.

But to keep their answer as to why no politics (on Cove) to the insider board only? That is
going overboard IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 02, 2006, 03:44:25 PM

I think it's a smart move that they keep their FOOTBALL opinions to the insider board.
This is how they make their living.

But to keep their answer as to why no politics (on Cove) to the insider board only? That is
going overboard IMO.

I do think that politics should be allowable.  Most of us on the board are friends.  We like to banter back and forth, and really, not much will come out of it.

The thin skinned types who get offended need to go to another MB.  Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect MB, so I think those thin-skinned types will find it troubling anywhere as well.

It is a bit much, but all has been answered on the Insider Board.  They have the right to do as they wish, and if they say no politics, then no politics it is.  But it seems a bit NAZI-like to me, which of course means TBBBB like :o.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : October 02, 2006, 03:54:45 PM

Boid, they said they got lots of complaints in emails. Who do you suppose was complaining? As someone on the receiving end of some nastiness (& female bashing) I didn't complain. Very curious who did. ???
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR/JF Why no politics? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools