Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Prediction: Where will Brian Kelly land and How much will BK sign for. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

simmstheanswer

Starter

#15 : February 21, 2008, 02:50:02 PM

I think BK will land in Detriot for 1.5 Million a year for 3 years

i hope you're joking. first off, who signs a 3 year contract? second, a 3 year for 4.5 million? that is just absurd. the man is a veteran, and is league wide considered a very solid player, and a STARTING caliber CB, if he can stay healthy. he'll wind up with around 12 mil, 4 years probably.

personally, i'd be happy to welcome him back. he makes a difference for our D when he is healthy and on the field. given, that's not very often, but he can play and play well.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 21, 2008, 03:14:10 PM

with trufant franchised and asante demanding franchise QB money, brian kelly is suddenly one of the better CBs on the market.  i think he'll get a raise.  remember, he's not a pure cover-2 corner, he has man-to-man skills and could fit into most any system.

he made a smart move, even if he makes less next year a long-term deal is what he needed...once his bucs contract expires, he'd probably find himself pulling an anquan boldin, with demeaning 1-year deals that'd probably undervalue his skills.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 21, 2008, 04:00:44 PM

Yeah I dunno if anyone will even be interested in him. An average Corner on the decline and will miss at least 6 games a season

If you are correct then why would Kelley spend over $400,000 to buy his contract out.

Players almost always have a higher opinion of themselves than the league.  Personally, I think it is a fairly wise move by Kelley. By testing the waters he can get a true perspective on his current worth.. 

As the poster inferred I wouldn't be shocked if he stays in Tampa..

marlevr

Second String
#18 : February 21, 2008, 04:03:08 PM

Why is a 3 year contract for a veteran strange?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 21, 2008, 04:08:17 PM

Yeah I dunno if anyone will even be interested in him. An average Corner on the decline and will miss at least 6 games a season

If you are correct then why would Kelley spend over $400,000 to buy his contract out.

Players almost always have a higher opinion of themselves than the league. Personally, I think it is a fairly wise move by Kelley. By testing the waters he can get a true perspective on his current worth..

As the poster inferred I wouldn't be shocked if he stays in Tampa..

That could be a very expensive perspective. $400,000 to figure out that the contract that you had was about what you are worth.

Brian Kelley makes a Telephone call: Hey ya is this the IRS? Great! can I deduct this $400,000 buy out against income I had already made the previouse year because as it turns out I wont be making as much as I thought this year. AHA! yep ! yes! thats correct! aha! Well what if I say please. Ok pretty please! yes I am seriouse. What !!!!!!!

#20 : February 21, 2008, 07:14:12 PM

No way did BK pay $400k to get out of his $3mil salary without a wink/nod deal in place somewhere. The guy is not a fool. There is a boatload of cash out there and someone will pay him. I'm thinking $6-7 mil signing bonus at the least on a 4-5 yr deal.

Remember, it only takes one!!!!

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 21, 2008, 08:25:39 PM

How about pittsburgh with his old cb coach? Im just saying, it kinda makes sense that he would reunite with his old position coach.  they have good chemistry I dont think he gets much more than 12 mil a for about 3 years very backloaded though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 21, 2008, 08:25:42 PM

I am thinking Chicago, or San Diego.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 21, 2008, 08:36:06 PM

detroit or pittsburgh.... If he goes to pittsburgh he is probably a nickel back

If he goes to detroit he is likely starting, meaning he would likely get more money.
Detroit was 32nd overall on defense last year, they would appreciate his services and WILL pay him....

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 21, 2008, 11:49:14 PM

Somebody is going to pay Bk, he will probably get about $5 million signing bonus and 3 year $10 million. The need for starting CB are huge and the supply is small so someone will pay and hope he can stay healthy, and if he is healthy that would be a bargain price for a CB. That being said I am glad it is not the Bucs paying him that money.

Couldn't agree more with the numbers.  I think someone like the Texans or Bills will pay BK, but he isn't going to make as much as he thnks he will.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 21, 2008, 11:55:07 PM

He misses portions of TC, because he works out on the WEST COAST...he'll be digging around in Frisco, San Diego, something like that...

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 22, 2008, 02:27:23 AM

By testing the waters he can get a true perspective on his current worth..

Really his worth??? Is Clements worth the boat loads of cash he got ???

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#27 : February 23, 2008, 06:13:33 PM

Free agent Brian Kelly has drawn interest from the Lions.

He's a logical match for the Lions, who are desperate at CB. Kelly also was with Rod Marinelli in Tampa and has a great grasp of the Cover 2 scheme.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Related: Lions

-Rotoworld

Seems like the Lions are definitely interested in him...

#28 : February 23, 2008, 06:59:42 PM

If Kelley gets enough money, he may all of a sudden be able to 'play' through his injuries.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Prediction: Where will Brian Kelly land and How much will BK sign for. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools