Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF's enterance standards.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
#60 : February 26, 2008, 12:34:46 PM

Your quote should read:  UF, FSU, and UM will all admit the same student athletes regardless of their academic standards. They all recruit the same athletes, and only the athletes preference determines where they go truthfully if all 3 schools recruit the same guy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 26, 2008, 12:42:25 PM

I agree with that statement, with Zerbie Sanders being the exception.

But how can you say that and at the same time, you make up some garbage about FSU wouldn't take Reggie Nelson because of academics?  The fact about Reggie Nelson was that he was recruited by Ron Zook, didn't have the grades to get into school, so he went to JUCO, then came to Florida when he got his grades fixed.

But, again, I agree with your above statement.  You are the one making up facts.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#62 : February 26, 2008, 02:55:11 PM

If you agree with my statement than the discussion and disagreement are over.

As to Reggie Nelson the reason he went to Juco was because he was dumb as a box of rocks.  Going to Juco didn't change that.

I am sure FSU would have taken him from Juco as well.

As to Sanders if you will post a link showing that UF didn't offer because of his grades?  How does anyone know his grades when he hasn't finished High School?

From Atlanta Constitution:

"Zebrie Sanders� plan to choose between Florida and Georgia this weekend has hit an unexpected snag.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound offensive tackle from Northmont High in Clayton, Oh. was set to commit to the Gators on Sunday.

But the lack of scholarships available in Gainesville for offensive linemen has Sanders looking elsewhere for a place to play college football.

�The school that Zebrie was going to commit to called and informed him they no longer have slots available,� said Sanders� father Vincent Sanders. �It was a disappointing situation for him. He had told that school to hold a spot for him when he went on a visit there.

I see nothing about grades?

LINK

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/01/12/florida_rejects.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#63 : February 26, 2008, 03:09:31 PM

I am sure FSU would have taken him from Juco as well.

Ya think?

As to Sanders if you will post a link showing that UF didn't offer because of his grades?  How does anyone know his grades when he hasn't finished High School?

I'm not going to take the time to find a link.  I know what happened.  If you don't want to believe me, I don't really care.  You seem to like living in ignorance.  But know this:  The Gators signed more O-Lineman after they declined his commit.  What do you expect his family to say?  Of course they will say "they ran out of OL scholarships."

How does anyone know his grades when he hasn't finished High School?

Seriously?  You really don't think they know their grades before they graduate?  Good lord.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#64 : February 26, 2008, 03:28:29 PM

So shoot the Atlanta constitution... They provided the article on Sanders. Of course you know better?  I guess you better change your name to BORNABIGGS!!   Somebody kill me if I do that again!!

So you get your final grades 4 months before you graduate?  Damn!  Secondary Education is even worse than I thought!!

I thank the Good Lord I graduated from the Florida School system when it actually meant something!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : February 26, 2008, 03:41:53 PM

::)

Every student knows about what their grades will be BEFORE they graduate.  They most definitely know their ACT/SAT scores before graduation.

But, whatever.  Like I said, you seem happy living in ignorance.  Why change this late in life?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#66 : February 26, 2008, 04:09:34 PM

::)

Every student knows about what their grades will be BEFORE they graduate.  They most definitely know their ACT/SAT scores before graduation.

But, whatever.  Like I said, you seem happy living in ignorance.  Why change this late in life?

Must be those new academic standards!!! ::) ;D :D
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF's enterance standards.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools