Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski 120 incompletions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 29, 2006, 01:32:19 AM

after taking a look at his incompletions and passing break downs thus far though the first 11 games you can see that Gradkowski has some short comings as well, as did Simms but i am amased that no one has picked up on the batted balls .

Incomplete Pass Information
Pass Attempted    Completions    Total Incomplete
        259                  139                    120

Type                  Number    Pct of Incomp              Pct of Overall Attempts
Pass Dropped      15                 12.5                              5.8
Poor Throw        50                   41.7                                 9.3
Pass Defensed     18                 15.0                              6.9
Pass Hit at Line   10                   8.3                                 3.9
Other                   21               17.5                             8.1
Intercepted         6                  5.0                                    2.3

So by looking at the batted passes and the dropped passes if you gave all 15 dropped passes as completions and half of the batted passes as completions that would bring his completed passes to 159 out of 259 and would bring his completion % all the way up to 61% from the 53.7% it is curenttly at.

Of course with any young quarterback you are going to have the poor throws because they are not use to the speed of the game at this level. but I am begining to think that is has more to do with the coaching of the offensive line as far as the batted passes go with 17 total passes batted at the line between Simms and Gradkowski or 1.5 per game the offensive line does not have the testicular fortatiude to be nasty weather that is is or there is techinque problems or even play calling problems we need a offensive line coach that just does not except this.

as a team the buccaneers are in the top 3 in passes dropped with 19 in 11 games so Richard Mann is also not out of the relem of being fired at the end of the season.

I would expect a coaching shake up on the offensive side of the ball in the off-season with coaches like Mann, Muir, and even special teams coach being let go.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 29, 2006, 08:56:13 AM

did Simms but i am amased that no one has picked up on the batted balls .

We have been dicussing and you got those stats from a link I posted yesterday. 

Grads is having 1:26 balls hit at the line, Simms was 1:15.  The stats don’t differentiate between batted and tipped balls, and we all know the batted back-in-ya-face balls were the real issue with Simms.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 29, 2006, 09:41:21 AM

Sooooo what's the point here?  I like a good analysis like the next guy...is there a conclusion or a hypothesis coming?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 29, 2006, 09:47:55 AM

The biggest number to look at is 50 poor throws.  That is a great deal of misses coming from a guy who is "accurate" and tends to throw a ton of short passes.

And for his career Simms has a lower ratio.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 29, 2006, 09:58:55 AM

The biggest number to look at is 50 poor throws. That is a great deal of misses coming from a guy who is "accurate" and tends to throw a ton of short passes.

But I think those get explained away in that he's new to the offense, he's a rookie, and DC's don't make those looks easy for you.  I'm not trying to defend the guy so much as I'm saying while his reputation coming out of school is one thing he has to not be thinking about it before those natural skills, if he really has them, comes out...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 29, 2006, 10:33:40 AM

The biggest number to look at is 50 poor throws. That is a great deal of misses coming from a guy who is "accurate" and tends to throw a ton of short passes.

But I think those get explained away in that he's new to the offense, he's a rookie, and DC's don't make those looks easy for you.  I'm not trying to defend the guy so much as I'm saying while his reputation coming out of school is one thing he has to not be thinking about it before those natural skills, if he really has them, comes out...

Gruden likes Grads, he has upside and he is the starter for now, that is all we need to know really.  Just for fun though here are the stats of some of the other rookie QBs plus Grossman. 

Interesting that all the young QBs have a very similar percentage of poor throws.....  fancy that Boid, shocker.   ;)

#6 : November 29, 2006, 10:59:17 AM

Sooooo what's the point here?  I like a good analysis like the next guy...is there a conclusion or a hypothesis coming?

I think the real question "nobody will ever know" is if Gradkowski had the opportunity to sit on the bench as long as Simms did to learn the offense could he come in midseason and lead us the rest of the way to the playoffs like Simms did.

You can count my vote as probably not

Counter point - If Grads had four years in the system would he still be making the same silly mistakes......You can count my vote has probably not. ;)

NEWSFLASH: Grads is a first year Rookie.

Its just the opinion of a fan. No he wouldnt have made silly mistakes....neither did Simms in 05. Remeber the first game with the Redskins by far showed what this guy is made of with a "complete" Redskins team. Gradkowski had trouble with a injury plagued redskins team....rookie or not he should have had a career day.

We will see as this year goes by Bruce wont get better....I think the "Trust" sees this and right now are scrambling to make amends with Simms

#7 : November 29, 2006, 10:51:42 AM

I think the real question "nobody will ever know" is if Gradkowski had the opportunity to sit on the bench as long as Simms did to learn the offense could he come in midseason and lead us the rest of the way to the playoffs like Simms did.

Gradkowski is a good QB however Simms is a more complete Quarterback and should be starting next year when healthy for whomever he signs with

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 29, 2006, 10:54:06 AM

Counter point - If Grads had four years in the system would he still be making the same silly mistakes......You can count my vote has probably not.   ;)   I would hope any decent back-up could guide the team to a few wins with the number one O in the NFL.....think Shaun King. 

NEWSFLASH:  Grads is a first year Rookie.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 29, 2006, 11:15:19 AM

Fancy this:  Leinart is the franchise QB for sure, no matter what.  They will not draft another QB, nor is there any doubt as to his place on the roster either this year, or next.  And watching Vince Young play last week, reminded me that this kid is a gamer, and can make things happen.  His ability to run (Mobility at it's very finest), and his arm looked good.  His leadership is a league better than GRads is, and ever will be.  Point is, you are right, it is nopt fair to compare Grads to Young or Leinart, but they are being asked to do a HELL OF A LOT MORE than Grads is.  His YPA is the lowest in the league, and that tells you the type of throws he is making.  They are not on the run, they are not all over the field...they are generally short passes that are errant, and THAT is the thing that needs to be looked at right now.  If Simms accepted that offer, it speaks volumes about what Gruden really thinks, if you ask me...

#10 : November 29, 2006, 11:17:55 AM

PLUS Young doesnt have a Cadillac Williams/Joey Galloway/Michael Clayton/Ike Hilliard on the Titans. Its all Vince Young

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 29, 2006, 11:18:01 AM

If Simms accepted that offer, it speaks volumes about what Gruden really thinks, if you ask me...

The Buccs were always going to make an offer, that is just good business.  The fact that Simms is on the books for two years gives the Glazers wiggle room with Gruden as well.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 29, 2006, 11:18:20 AM

Just a question, when Grads is pressured in the pocket on a called screen play or when his dump off is to the RB near the line, and instead of throwing it to him for a completion and loss of yardage or immediate tackle he throws it at their feet...is that counted as a poor throw or something else?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 29, 2006, 11:20:02 AM

PLUS Simms has had only 19 games of live action, and that is a different thing than scrimmages are.  Grads has had 10 games to his credit already, despite it being his rookie year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 29, 2006, 11:21:07 AM

Just a question, when Grads is pressured in the pocket on a called screen play or when his dump off is to the RB near the line, and instead of throwing it to him for a completion and loss of yardage or immediate tackle he throws it at their feet...is that counted as a poor throw or something else?
Not sure, but given the fact that it is an opportunity missed to gain something, it should be counted as a poor throw.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski 120 incompletions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools