Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Separation « previous next »
Page: 1

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

: February 22, 2008, 08:48:14 PM

Clayton is bad now because teams know his moves... we need separation, hands quickness, THEN speed... does Desean Jackson have separation?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 22, 2008, 09:08:27 PM

with his size he may have trouble getting off the line against more physical CB, which in turn would cause timing issues in the west coast offense

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Q

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 22, 2008, 09:13:29 PM

I want a WR that can CATCH THE BALL, first and foremost! If the WR gets separation and can't catch the ball, what the hell good is he?

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

JC510

Practice Squad

#3 : February 22, 2008, 09:20:31 PM

Clayton looked really sharp at the end of the season

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 22, 2008, 09:21:24 PM

What makes you think we're not going to add another guy?

#5 : February 22, 2008, 09:25:39 PM

WR Separation

Whats that?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 22, 2008, 09:36:27 PM

Clayton is bad now because teams know his moves... we need separation, hands quickness, THEN speed... does Desean Jackson have separation?

I want someone over 5'9" 170 lbs [which is what he measured today at the combine].  Yes there are a few exceptions, but the odds are not great for 5'9 receivers.  He's gonna have to run a 4.4 or he could slip far.  So much for being listed at 6' at Cal.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here.  No, Clayton is not a speed [or quick] WR ... he's a possession WR and shouldn't be compared to a speed WR.  Yes, this team needs a speedy WR to replace Galloway, as he can't play forever, but teams need possession guys too ... I still believe Clayton can turn it around, as I can't believe you catch 80 balls for 1k yards and not have talent.  Question is, how much longer does he get.

While I don't think Jackson is the answer, I do think we need a speedster to play with, not replace Clayton.

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : February 22, 2008, 09:40:24 PM

What makes you think we're not going to add another guy?

Because Clayton (25) and Stovall (23) are better than people on here realize.

No, I don't think the team is going to sign or trade for a big name WR (Stallworth, Berrian, Johnson). I think they'll take Desean Jackson at 20 if he's there and have him be a return man in 08 and be the future replacement for Galloway. If they don't get Jackson then I think they go after a big name WR in 2009.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 22, 2008, 10:00:33 PM

Wait. You have to get separation to catch the ball in the NFL? I thought all you had to do was be tall? Man, we've going about this all wrong....

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccaneerBonzai

Practice Squad

#9 : February 22, 2008, 11:26:27 PM

Clayton should be a tight end. Period.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 22, 2008, 11:29:41 PM

...and for you guys who want to bring up Steve Smith, keep in mind that Jackson NEVER played like Smith.  Smith is a tenacious, go after it kind of wideout.  He may take some beatdowns, but he always seems to pop back up.  Steve is a rarity, and is tough as nails.

I am not saying Jackson is not tough, but I am saying he may be simialr in stature, but he isn't in the same ballpark in terms of toughness...

Jackson would not bother me as a pick, but I truly think the BUcs need to go after a DT, and they need to go after an every down wideout.  I just doubt Jackson is an everydown guy, simply because of his smallishness.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 22, 2008, 11:47:20 PM

Our QB does not have the arm stregnth to get the ball into tight areas, that is the biggest problems our receivers have.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 23, 2008, 09:30:15 AM

Disagree completely - he is bad bc he lost his confidence - and showed pretty clear signs of getting it back.  His "moves" are fine - he just needs to catch the ball consistently - big wrs have to make the catches damn near every time.  He did that as a rookie - and I think he can do it again as long as his confidence continues to build.

Our QB does not have the arm stregnth to get the ball into tight areas, that is the biggest problems our receivers have.

That is just wrong - keep him healthy and he is NFL average - which is more than enough.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

fanofdabucs

Second String

#13 : February 23, 2008, 10:12:30 AM

BRYANT JOHNSON- He has size, speed and will make the tough catch over the middle. He played behind two pro bowlers in Fitz and Boldin. He is young, won't break the bank and instantly becomes the number 2 WR. Bring him in and then draft someone with speed in the second round and suddenly the Bucs have a good young set of WR's. Johnson, draft choice, Clayton, Stovall and Warren.

They should then draft a WR in the latter rounders with speed and they suddenly have the makings of a young WR core with size and speed.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Separation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools