Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms signs. NOT! (per AM 1470) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

coqui4

Rookie
#30 : November 29, 2006, 11:48:30 AM

Its somewhat surprising to hear that Simms signed. All that we've heard that Simms isn't a good fit and that Gruden isn't fond of him. Otherwise Gruden and Allen wised up or, and this is just a thought but, could this be the owners pulling strings in the background, and Gruden's being shown the door.

Just some food for thought.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 29, 2006, 11:49:56 AM

Yes, THAT is what the REAL question is.

I am sure that EVERYONE who hates the Big Dog with a passion will have their ears glued to the airwaves this afternoon to find out the answer to that.  ::)

Okokok, not the real question, but... I never miss an opportunity to allude to his jackassery. ;)
Free advertising for him ;)

Agreed. And I listen fairly regularly, although I can't sit through a whole show. I guess I enjoy having someone to disagree with.
I LOVE screaming at the radio. :)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 29, 2006, 11:50:18 AM

nobody available can jump right into gruden's system like chris can...he's got another offseason to work on his issues and become a better quarterback and maybe win back the starting job....gruden's not married to any QB, he just wants the guy who's going to do the best job of putting the ball in his playmakers' hands.

the playbook changes for chris simms, but gruden can call winning plays with either QB, provided they can execute the script. i think we've seen that proven.  it'll be good to have the 2 of them competing....grads may be the future, but if he's not ready to carry a playoff team next year, we've got a guy who's done it before...

i wouldn't be surprised if the second year was an option year for one or both sides.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 29, 2006, 11:52:10 AM

If the price is right, then this should work out well for both parties.

Nothing like a little QB competition going into next year.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 29, 2006, 11:53:15 AM

I am not under the assumption that Simms goes for the back-up job...

He did say "at the least" a backup who knows the sys.  I think we'll have a pretty open competition for the starting job next year, barring any wierdness.

That was my exactly my meaning. Particularly after this season nobody in his right mind is going to say he is the starter. There will be competition but nobody will be guaranteed the job until TC IMO (unless we sign a FA and maybe not even then).

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 29, 2006, 11:53:38 AM

WDAE are mocking the rumor quite a bit now, this report might just be BS guys.

#36 : November 29, 2006, 11:54:57 AM

Harumph.  I just tried switching to 1470 more this week, and they betray me like this?  WTF?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 29, 2006, 11:56:10 AM

Ian is a total fool, so any mockery on his behalf is a good thing.  He said it was bad business, WTH does this clown know about good and bad?  He is a hack radio host, who has already put a foot in his mouth (I am sure he dislodged it from his butt first...) about the Bucs dealings.  That Bidwell thing was hillarious!

If Simms did sign the deal, I will FOREVER AND EVER consider Ian a shock jock sports guy, who does nothing but spout absolute garbage with no merit.  As is, I think the guy is a tool.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 29, 2006, 11:56:44 AM

Simms would be dumb to take that offer before he see what other interest is there after the season is over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 29, 2006, 11:57:46 AM

Ian is a total fool, so any mockery on his behalf is a good thing.  He said it was bad business, WTH does this clown know about good and bad?  He is a hack radio host, who has already put a foot in his mouth (I am sure he dislodged it from his butt first...) about the Bucs dealings.  That Bidwell thing was hillarious!

If Simms did sign the deal, I will FOREVER AND EVER consider Ian a shock jock sports guy, who does nothing but spout absolute garbage with no merit.  As is, I think the guy is a tool.

it wasn't Beckles, it was the guy(s) in the news room.  ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 29, 2006, 12:04:06 PM

JUST SIGN THE PAPERS SIMMS!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 29, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Unless the offer is very substantial OR he gets an assurance that he will be the starter next year, I just don’t see any incentive for Chris to rush into any deal.    Why sign a contract that allows the Bucs to cut or trade you when you are a few weeks off being a FA.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 29, 2006, 12:20:28 PM

Don't sign the papers Simms, get the hell out of this town. The trud you laid this year after all this time preparing to be the starter shows what type of player you are. Good-bye!

#43 : November 29, 2006, 12:30:55 PM

Unless this offer is for a substantial amount of $$, i too feel it would bad business for him to sign at this point without knowing what offers may be out there. I don't think that Ian voicing his opinion on that matter makes him a "tool".

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 29, 2006, 12:32:58 PM

I'd be surprised both ways really.

The obviously wise move would be for Simms to at least measure interest, because there no doubt will be some from somebody. And the fact that the Bucs didn't let the season end before they made an offer proves there's genuine interest in him for whatever reason..

On the other hand, if he goes anywhere else he has to start learning a new playbook from scratch, not to mention developing a chemistry with a whole new group of players. Who would want to do that after spending the better part of 4 years working as hard as he has here?..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms signs. NOT! (per AM 1470) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools