Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 23, 2008, 03:22:33 PM

After looking over his stat splits for last season, there is something interesting that should bare watching in 2008 half of Clayton receptions came on third downs with the team needing to get a first down could Garcia and Gruden have more confidence in him then fans think?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 23, 2008, 03:39:36 PM

nah he stinks

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#2 : February 23, 2008, 04:00:08 PM

i still think clayton is a #1 wr... its just we dont need a #  1 wr with galoway here.. so we use him as the #2 #3 and #4.  he is being misused, claytons specials arnt what the #2 #3 and #4 wr ask for, you msut drop your hips more being those wr's. he cant do that. he will only excell as a #1 wr. as seen his rookie year.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 23, 2008, 04:02:24 PM

Claytons problems are well documented and much is to his blame. Sure he has been nicked up, but that is part of the business. Clayton has not been able to catch the ball consistently for 2 years, he hasn't been an option on a team that is using an aging Ike Hilliard as the #2....

Baghead #2

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#4 : February 23, 2008, 04:04:24 PM

dude, you think galloway has caught the ball consistently?  look at the 4-12 year, he dropped every deep ball thrown, or he gave up on the route.  even though giving up on the route is what i would do if gradkowski was throwing to me.

dropped balls arnt that big of a deal. it happens. he needs the ball more, and if you dont see that, your not watching the GAME, your watching the BALL. there is a difference.

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#5 : February 23, 2008, 04:05:16 PM

joey galloway preaches to fans that dropped balls arnt as much as a problem as it seems. belive it.

kennard19

Starter
#6 : February 23, 2008, 04:07:38 PM

clayton's break out year happened only because he was the only healthy reciever we had at the time. he gets no separation what so ever.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 23, 2008, 04:08:19 PM

dude, you think galloway has caught the ball consistently? look at the 4-12 year, he dropped every deep ball thrown, or he gave up on the route. even though giving up on the route is what i would do if gradkowski was throwing to me.

dropped balls arnt that big of a deal. it happens. he needs the ball more, and if you dont see that, your not watching the GAME, your watching the BALL. there is a difference.

The fact that you come on a message board clamoring that Michael Clayton needs the ball more and is being misused by the staff and is a #1 is telling of the game you watch...

Baghead #2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 23, 2008, 04:08:37 PM

While his problem did not start till Gruden asked him to bulk up, which he could not do effectively and still gain separation from DB's throw in the fact the instability at the qb position and him not being able to remain healthy and you have the mental problems to go with the physical ones. So not everything is as black and white as some would like to think.

When you look at Galloway stats he has about the same number of dropped balls as does Clayton so if Galloway is a number one because he is thrown the ball more what does that say if Clayton was the number one option in the passing game getting the same amount of balls thrown his way.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Th3Clayt0nat3r

Practice Squad

#9 : February 23, 2008, 04:09:12 PM

I have faith in Michael Clayton...

Gaines Adams Highlight Video: 

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#10 : February 23, 2008, 04:09:26 PM

i think he has worked on getting seperation, he is ready to be a #1 this year, to all the fans dismay.  but im getting the hint that gruden wants him out.

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#11 : February 23, 2008, 04:10:57 PM

dude, you think galloway has caught the ball consistently? look at the 4-12 year, he dropped every deep ball thrown, or he gave up on the route. even though giving up on the route is what i would do if gradkowski was throwing to me.

The fact that you come on a message board clamoring that Michael Clayton needs the ball more and is being misused by the staff and is a #1 is telling of the game you watch...

cmon bro, dont get angry, this aint buccaneers.com.

we disagree, big deal, lets leave it at that.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 23, 2008, 04:21:04 PM

cmon bro, dont get angry, this aint buccaneers.com.

we disagree, big deal, lets leave it at that.

HUH? I'm not angry buddy, sorry for coming across that way if that is how it sounded. I apologize.

Baghead #2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 23, 2008, 04:36:05 PM

Clayton's rookie year he lead all WR's in YAC. That is where his strengh lies.

His weakness is his ability to get seperation. All of the moves he used to get open his rookie year teams are now ready for and he hasn't become the student of the game he needs to be to find other ways to get open.

The guy who Clayton really needs to be studying and talking to is Ike Hilliard (hopefully Hilliard wants to help someone take his job) because if Clayton can run Hilliard's routes well he could start to turn some of those short routes into big gains and really find his place in this offense.

Sarasota BucFan

Rookie

#14 : February 23, 2008, 04:35:00 PM

yea np man... i come from that buccaneers.com board where everyone attacks eachother.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools