Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 23, 2008, 04:38:56 PM

yea np man... i come from that buccaneers.com board where everyone attacks eachother.

haha, yeah I have heard the horror stories. Welcome aboard, this place is the place to be.

Baghead #2

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 23, 2008, 04:40:21 PM

I agree Clayton has been very inconsistant since his rookie year, but this year, during the last half of the year, he caught everything thrown to him and looked like he was getting it back together.  It seemed after the game when he dropped a pass then caught the next one, but fumbled (we recovered) and went to the sidelines where Gruden really got on him, he seemed to change back for the better.  

I am looking for him to be a real threat next year.....as a #2 reciever.

I also look for Stovall to have a break-through season too.

.....just my opinion

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 23, 2008, 04:43:43 PM

Clayton's rookie year he lead all WR's in YAC. That is where his strengh lies.

His weakness is he hasn't become the student of the game he needs to be to find other ways to get open.

Could not agree more. Clayton thought he had the NFL whipped and that it was something he could just do. Couple that with he got hurt, lost confidence and his game and you have the situation where this could be his final year as a Buc. I keep hearing he is signing deals with Gruden and re-focusing and all of this but his game is no where near it was his rookie year. His concentration is gone and he just can't find his way. I pray he does but at this point in his career this is a make or break year for Clayton.

He has a chance and he did show some flash of the past in the 2nd half last year so you never know. Like I said, I hope he gets it all back together because we are dying to have a viable #2.

Baghead #2

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 23, 2008, 04:46:53 PM

IMO, Gruden's love of big receivers is lacking one major component, a strong-armed QB to get the ball into tight spaces, because these type of receivers aren't going to get the same separation as the smaller, speedier, shifty types.  I strongly feel, that bigger recievers need a QB with gun becasue of their lack of separation.  Hence, Joey G.'s success with Garcia. We either need a QB with a bigger arm or 2 or 3 more "Galloway type" receivers.  

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 23, 2008, 04:57:13 PM

True Pirate, I think you really nailed it!

**BUMP**

.....just my opinion

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 24, 2008, 12:00:31 AM

the one year Clayton was thrust into a #1 receiver he excelled...every year since Galloway has been our mainstay #1 receiver...Clayton WILL excel as our GO TO #1 receiver when Galloway is ready to call it a career...IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 24, 2008, 02:44:37 AM

Break down as much as you want.

The fact remains that Michael Clayton is not good.  HE had a moment in the spotlight, and the show must go on.  Defenses are hip to him, and he has no answer for it.  HE is a bonafide 1 hit wonder.  It happens.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 24, 2008, 03:18:25 AM

After looking over his stat splits for last season, there is something interesting that should bare watching in 2008 half of Clayton receptions came on third downs with the team needing to get a first down could Garcia and Gruden have more confidence in him then fans think?

Yuc, I was thinking something similar - did you notice the area he was working was 10 yard outs and dragging the middle - and did you notice if Clayton's increased receptions occurred towards the end of the season?

I think the one thing he had in his rookie year - that he hasn't had since - a veteran like Tim Brown being out there with him, and on the sideline for him. They were pretty close, as I recall...

Clayton is worth one more training camp...to me...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 24, 2008, 08:20:01 AM

Buc Buckeye, I noticed the same thing, and I have posted several times that the last half of the season he caught everything thrown to him.  Also, he wasn't catching 5 yd passes, everything seemed to me to be 10 + yard routes, and he was getting 13-17 yds when the play was done.  The last half of the season he was good, and really hard to tackle after the catch.

I don't know about the veteran out there; it seems to me that he has Galloway on the field with him.  It may be that Brown helped him more on the sideline than he has gotten since, but he is enough of a young veteran now to do it on his own or know where to go to get the support he needs. 

I also agree that he is worth another TC.  Also, if he just performs like he did at the end of the season, 3 catches for 45 yds, that would equal 48 for 720 yds, it would be considered a very good season.  I do agree this is his last season to show he "is what we thought he was"!

.....just my opinion

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 24, 2008, 09:06:21 AM

Buc Buckeye, I noticed the same thing, and I have posted several times that the last half of the season he caught everything thrown to him. 
Unfortunately he also would have two defenders HANGING on him while making those catches.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 24, 2008, 09:08:59 AM

....but he caught them, and make yac!!

.....just my opinion

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 24, 2008, 09:11:58 AM

No YAC, and when you have defenders that close, you increase your risk of interceptions.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 24, 2008, 10:11:13 AM

I agree Clayton has been very inconsistant since his rookie year, but this year, during the last half of the year, he caught everything thrown to him and looked like he was getting it back together.  It seemed after the game when he dropped a pass then caught the next one, but fumbled (we recovered) and went to the sidelines where Gruden really got on him, he seemed to change back for the better. 

Clayton dropped or didn't catch a number of balls he should have caught over the last two or three games of the season. In consectutive games he was open on a deep crossing route with a half step on the defender and McCown put the ball right where he should have and Clayton couldn't pull the ball in. Those don't go down as drops but they need to be caught. In addition he dropped a few in the middle of the field. I didn't find Clayton any more likely to catch the ball this season than in the last couple of seasons. He's become still and can't get his upper body into position to make a lot of catches.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 24, 2008, 10:23:32 AM

i still think clayton is a #1 wr... its just we dont need a # 1 wr with galoway here.. so we use him as the #2 #3 and #4. he is being misused, claytons specials arnt what the #2 #3 and #4 wr ask for, you msut drop your hips more being those wr's. he cant do that. he will only excell as a #1 wr. as seen his rookie year.

hahahahahaha

roflmao

i have to confess, i stopped reading the thread right here. this one was just too funny to me.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 24, 2008, 10:31:26 AM

Made a point of watching Clayton this year.

Saw a big difference between the first part and the last part of the year. Thought he did well the latter part. His body language also changed for the better in the latter part of the year.

I agree with the comment that Gruden may have soured on him. If that's the case he may not be here long. Would hate to see him traded and become a star somewhere else-like maybe Denver.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools