Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 24, 2008, 10:35:45 AM

I disagree that Gruden has soured on him. I think Gruden wants the guy to succeed more than anybody.

How do ppl honestly think the coach that drafted him doesnt want him here? You dont think Gruden wants Clayton to turn his career around and be the same guy his rookie year showed? You dont think Gruden would love that? Wants to show everyone why they kept Clayton around?

And this junk about Gruden dont throw Clayton the ball. He also dont throw Galloway the ball. Or Smith. Or Graham. Or Hilliard.

He calls the plays. Its up to Garcia to find the OPEN receiver.

<insert "he calls more plays for galloway" comment here>

a) galloway has way more explosiveness than Clayton

b) if Galloway aint open, then guess what happens, Garcia looks for... you got it... the other guys.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 24, 2008, 11:00:07 AM

Bash Clayton, bash Cadillac yet you don't hold Galloway and others to the same standard - wow it is amazing how many people let their personal beliefs get in the way of evaluating talent.  Put Clayton or Cadillac on any other team and they would put up much better numbers.  Clayton came on strong last season and all we have been hearing about is how Stovall is better- really, what has he EVER shown.  You don't go from being All-Rookie to Crap - Clayton and Cadillac have talent and it is Jon's job to get them the ball and make them successful.  Even Garcia thinks we need to get Clayton the ball more, just like we need to get Alex Smith the ball more.  Everybody wants to trade for this player or that player yet we already have players. 

#32 : February 24, 2008, 12:57:38 PM

Garcia definitely likes Clayton. I think it would be a terrible moves to cut our losses now. As much as Clayton has dropped you would be a fool to think he has no bounce back potential

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 24, 2008, 01:34:32 PM

I'll repeat what I said earlier, despite what Ryan24 says, the last half the year Clayton was much better and caught everything thrown to him.  He BEGAN to show again what he showed in his rookie year.  He also was very physical and punishing in picking up additional yards after catch.  I look for him to come all the way back this year.  If he doesn't, I agree it's time to move on with him.

.....just my opinion

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 24, 2008, 02:15:22 PM

Watch the player in the game, and don't focus on the stat sheet as much.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 24, 2008, 03:39:56 PM

I'll repeat what I said earlier, despite what Ryan24 says, the last half the year Clayton was much better and caught everything thrown to him.  He BEGAN to show again what he showed in his rookie year.  He also was very physical and punishing in picking up additional yards after catch.  I look for him to come all the way back this year.  If he doesn't, I agree it's time to move on with him.

I really don't know where your getting the "caught everything thrown to him" idea from at all. In the Carolina game and in the San Fran game they ran the deep out which he missed in each case and on the next play in the Carolina game he dropped a short pass. He also screwed up the 2 point conversion. Those are the ones I remember and I'm sure if I go searching I can find more in each game. The reason that Clayton had more catches and seemingly looked better was because the Bucs were throwing to him...a lot. In the Carolina game he had about 10 passes go his way and he caught 5. Heck...Chad Lucas had more yardage vs. Carolina.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

devasher

Starter
#36 : February 24, 2008, 06:13:01 PM

We're talking about that movie Micheal Clayton right?? There isn't another Michael Clayton that I can think of...well that's worth a damn in football at least.

You know with all these threads about Michael Clayton I assume you guys REALLY love that movie. I'd say these threads never get old...but I would be lying :(

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#37 : February 24, 2008, 06:19:54 PM

dude, you think galloway has caught the ball consistently? look at the 4-12 year, he dropped every deep ball thrown, or he gave up on the route. even though giving up on the route is what i would do if gradkowski was throwing to me.

dropped balls arnt that big of a deal. it happens. he needs the ball more, and if you dont see that, your not watching the GAME, your watching the BALL. there is a difference.

Clayton has had some major drops at crucial situations, passes that hit his hands. That is differance than a pass being thrown a bit behind or a bit too far like most of Joeys drops. Clayton had some flat out "hit him in the chest" drops, his blocking is keeping him in the game, he could be a #1 WR, but could never have the impact Galloway has, he may be able to have more catches, but never have the big play ability, unless Lynch unretires and doesn't touch him down a few more times. Galloway makes his own big plays, Clayton needs a mistake by the defense. We had similar problems from Keyshawn, but Keyshawn would catch just about everything close to him which would move the chains.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 24, 2008, 06:28:44 PM

Found this on SI from right after the 2004 draft:

Quote from: John Donovan
Well, the TV guys were talking running back, but instead Jon Gruden & Co. go with a wideout, the fifth wide receiver and sixth receiver (counting TEs) taken in the first round. There are some questions about his speed, but with Keenan McCardell and Joey Galloway, Clayton should fit in fine in what has become a major rebuilding job in Tampa Bay.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#39 : February 24, 2008, 07:03:15 PM

Whats youor point? I can show youp 1,000 articles from 1 year later that say Clayotn was the steal of the draft

All of that is irrelevent right now

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 24, 2008, 08:20:10 PM

Out of curiosity, I looked up Claytons time in the 40 at his combine.  4.67  Unfreakinbelievable!

PoorRichard

Starter

#41 : February 24, 2008, 08:50:38 PM

I disagree that Gruden has soured on him. I think Gruden wants the guy to succeed more than anybody.

How do ppl honestly think the coach that drafted him doesnt want him here? You dont think Gruden wants Clayton to turn his career around and be the same guy his rookie year showed? You dont think Gruden would love that? Wants to show everyone why they kept Clayton around?

And this junk about Gruden dont throw Clayton the ball. He also dont throw Galloway the ball. Or Smith. Or Graham. Or Hilliard.

He calls the plays. Its up to Garcia to find the OPEN receiver.

<insert "he calls more plays for galloway" comment here>

a) galloway has way more explosiveness than Clayton

b) if Galloway aint open, then guess what happens, Garcia looks for... you got it... the other guys.

Of course Gruden wants Clayton here...mainly b/c him and Allan are trying salvage their credibility after picking him over S. Jackson and others.

Clayton's problems are his inability to give up the distractions and life style that have turned him into a below average football player. The Bucs should cut bait with this guy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 24, 2008, 09:12:13 PM

Whats youor point? I can show youp 1,000 articles from 1 year later that say Clayotn was the steal of the draft

Clayton had a very good rookie year, but calling him a steal at #15 is a major reach, considering future pro bowlers like Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, and Bob Sanders were drafted AFTER him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 24, 2008, 09:20:06 PM

Out of curiosity, I looked up Claytons time in the 40 at his combine. 4.67 Unfreakinbelievable!
WOW!  NO waaaay he is that fast ;)!!

#44 : February 25, 2008, 12:36:14 AM

Clayton had a very good rookie year, but calling him a steal at #15 is a major reach, considering future pro bowlers like Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, and Bob Sanders were drafted AFTER him.

Do I need to talk slower? I was saying AFTER his rookie year he was considered a steal, just to show that neither thing was relevant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools