Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#75 : February 26, 2008, 09:53:33 AM

It is obvious there are many with extremely negative opinions on Clayton. While certainly those have a basis based on some disappointing years, it does appear that no matter what the guy has done since positively it seems to be ignored. He made some clutch catches this year and seems to be coming out of his slump. I think he is an excellent ( 3) receiver.

A #3 selected 15th overall? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

How about Bryant Johnson - #3 to Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Slelected 17th overall one year before Clayton/ - and Johnson just had his breakout/best season last year (and he's never been injured). Clayton looked to be just returning to form late last season. Clayton got a lot of opportunities in his dominating rookie season. He didn't look like the same guy after his multiple/nagging knee/ankle injuries. Compare the stats - then tell me why everyone is so geeked about Bryant Johnson as a free agent prospect this year? Bryant Johnson is a top FA prospect and Clayton is on the bubble? I think we'll see a different guy this coming season - I could be wrong - but Clayton seemed to find himself when we needed him.

Nice dig on those stats dbuc 17 receptions out of a total of 22 - with only 5 drops? Sounds like he was there when we needed him to be...

I think Garcia didn't go to Clayton early after some drops - whatever - only went back when we had no options, late in the season.

Has he lived up to Number 15 overall pick? Except for his rookie season I'd say "no", but if Bryant Johnson is an indicator - it appears that Clayton may be close, we'll see.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Runole

Hall of Famer
#76 : February 26, 2008, 11:52:50 AM

It is obvious there are many with extremely negative opinions on Clayton. While certainly those have a basis based on some disappointing years, it does appear that no matter what the guy has done since positively it seems to be ignored. He made some clutch catches this year and seems to be coming out of his slump. I think he is an excellent ( 3) receiver.

A #3 selected 15th overall? [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

How about Bryant Johnson - #3 to Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Slelected 17th overall one year before Clayton/ - and Johnson just had his breakout/best season last year (and he's never been injured). Clayton looked to be just returning to form late last season. Clayton got a lot of opportunities in his dominating rookie season. He didn't look like the same guy after his multiple/nagging knee/ankle injuries. Compare the stats - then tell me why everyone is so geeked about Bryant Johnson as a free agent prospect this year? Bryant Johnson is a top FA prospect and Clayton is on the bubble? I think we'll see a different guy this coming season - I could be wrong - but Clayton seemed to find himself when we needed him.

Nice dig on those stats dbuc 17 receptions out of a total of 22 - with only 5 drops? Sounds like he was there when we needed him to be...

I think Garcia didn't go to Clayton early after some drops - whatever - only went back when we had no options, late in the season.

Has he lived up to Number 15 overall pick? Except for his rookie season I'd say "no", but if Bryant Johnson is an indicator - it appears that Clayton may be close, we'll see.

agree...  It seems so many forget that hitting absolute home runs in the draft is an extremely difficult process.  Clayton can be a  productive starting WR for the Bucs.  To me it doesn't matter whether you are a 1, 2, or 3 WR. If you are on the field and doing what the position designates who cares whether you are a 1, 2, or 3...  Must be some fantasy football thing!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#77 : February 27, 2008, 01:44:29 AM

That's why I hate fantasy football.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton stats splits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools