Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix the Defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#30 : October 08, 2006, 10:38:19 PM

dbt, WE are going to be one of those bad teams with plenty of money to spend.  i'd rather fill that hole with a productive vet and immediately upgrade the position then draft another young safety who will still be years behind the development of our current safeties.  safeties are the last line of defense.  you can't really hide inexperienced young guys there because offenses are going to exploit that weakness.

Offenses are already exploiting Lewis though, thats my point. We have plenty of money, but why overpay for Lewis who is a weak link in someone else's secondary? If we're going to spend that kind of jack, I want an all around player. And from what I hear, consistent with what I see, he's a liability a lot of times in coverage. He even got beat in one of the most basic elements of the safety position, in what's pretty much a prevent D, don't let anyone behind you. Overall, I'd like to see him here, but don't pay elite money for a guy that isn't elite.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 09, 2006, 06:56:44 PM

i'd like to see winborn in there.  why hasn't the team activated him?  i think he's only been active in one game thus far. you're telling me that mallard and cash have more talent and upside than winborn?  i thought the team considered him to be a potential replacement for brooks??
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix the Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools