Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wHAT COULD HAPPEN ON DRAFT DAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 24, 2008, 04:02:31 PM

With the amount of talent is this years draft class at receiver, running back, quarterback and cornerback it would seem if the team can find a willing trade partner the best serinao would be to trade down into the the second round to see if you could not land a teams to second round picks for the 20th spot.

If either the Dolphins or the Falcons are willing to part iwth there two second rounders for a prospect that falls that they covet.

just for the sake of looking and for fun the Bucs would have 3 second rounders a 3 and a 4th rounder which could look like this
2. Trevor Laws DT
2. Josh Johnson QB
2. Chris Johnson RB
3. Donnie Avery WR
4. Trae Williams CB
5. John Sullivan C

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 24, 2008, 04:10:37 PM

With the amount of talent is this years draft class at receiver, running back, quarterback and cornerback it would seem if the team can find a willing trade partner the best serinao would be to trade down into the the second round to see if you could not land a teams to second round picks for the 20th spot.

If either the Dolphins or the Falcons are willing to part iwth there two second rounders for a prospect that falls that they covet.

just for the sake of looking and for fun the Bucs would have 3 second rounders a 3 and a 4th rounder which could look like this
2. Trevor Laws DT
2. Josh Johnson QB
2. Chris Johnson RB
3. Donnie Avery WR
4. Trae Williams CB
5. John Sullivan C

I agree yuc, I think Johnson has slowly moved up to a late round 2 ... even more of a reason to not trade that pick away for a veteran WR.

#2 : February 24, 2008, 04:07:57 PM

If we walked away with those guys on draft day I would be thrilled. That we be awsome

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 24, 2008, 04:14:54 PM

Laws would address the need at UT whit his size and motor, Josh gives the team a future at QB, Chris Johnson adds the home run threat to the running game, passing game and return game. Avery would give the team another vertical threat in the passing game and also in the return game. Williams would have the chance to learn also gives the team more speed on defense, Sullivan give the team depth at center

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dm4bucs

Starter
#4 : February 24, 2008, 04:19:30 PM

I like it alot and keeps us from reaching in the first round for one of our need positions, since those guys will probably all be 2nd round type players.

Robb22

Starter
#5 : February 24, 2008, 04:50:38 PM

I've said before and will say again I'm a huge fan of trading with either team for 2 2nds.  Theres not anyone that really jumps out at me at #20  and alot that jump out from #35-#50
However I'd prefer Eddie Royal over Avery. Royal ran a 4.39 (fast enough) but what really impresses me is his top ranked bench press for WR at 24 reps.
I know the bench doesn't mean a whole lot for a WR but proves to me how tough he is and how well he's put together.  He may be able to go across the middle more then Avery or any other WR thats the same size.

noopy2237

Starter
#6 : February 24, 2008, 05:10:26 PM

Laws did 35 reps, his stock is moving up with me more I see the guy.

#7 : February 24, 2008, 05:11:18 PM

I've said before and will say again I'm a huge fan of trading with either team for 2 2nds.  Theres not anyone that really jumps out at me at #20  and alot that jump out from #35-#50
However I'd prefer Eddie Royal over Avery. Royal ran a 4.39 (fast enough) but what really impresses me is his top ranked bench press for WR at 24 reps.
I know the bench doesn't mean a whole lot for a WR but proves to me how tough he is and how well he's put together.  He may be able to go across the middle more then Avery or any other WR thats the same size.

Strength also helps WRs get off the line as well Robb22, something that is lacking in Avery's game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 24, 2008, 05:16:27 PM

I'm in favor of trading down under the right circumstances but don't at all like what you've done with the picks, especially with the lack of big bodied players. Way too much finesse.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 24, 2008, 05:53:46 PM

No 4th.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 25, 2008, 08:18:20 AM

Did anybody see Josh Johnson throw yesterday? He made Bruce Gradkowski look like Dan Marino.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 25, 2008, 08:33:01 AM

Did anybody see Josh Johnson throw yesterday? He made Bruce Gradkowski look like Dan Marino.

That ^^^^^^^^^ is simply beyond my ability to imagine -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 25, 2008, 08:45:43 AM

Couldn't keep it on the field, horrible long ball.

marlevr

Second String
#13 : February 25, 2008, 08:51:10 AM

What? I've heard different reports.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 25, 2008, 08:55:29 AM

Idk, maybe it was just me. Personally I don't get all the love for this guy.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wHAT COULD HAPPEN ON DRAFT DAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools