Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What was he thinking? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : October 08, 2006, 10:49:42 PM

LOL...if you are going to attempt to insult me, at least don't screw up doing it.
I feel you man, I notice he's been absent since LOL

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 08, 2006, 11:27:08 PM

Mr D ray... Great piece. Your argument(if you would call it that), is that our dreams should be seperate from the reality, which is, there is not enough substance/talent. If this is so, how does it account for an 11-5 record last year? 0-4 this year, same talent. Which is it? Have we degenerated? We have the same talent. Your hypothesis fails to address this problem. The coaching MAY have something to do with it... Can you agree?

Some of the loyalty out there for Chucky is scary. Don't worry about my analysis. If I am wrong, I'm wrong. No harm.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 08, 2006, 11:29:28 PM

Mis-informed, I am not "Karl". 

0-4... Scoreboard.

#33 : October 08, 2006, 11:39:54 PM

Mr D ray... Great piece. Your argument(if you would call it that), is that our dreams should be seperate from the reality, which is, there is not enough substance/talent. If this is so, how does it account for an 11-5 record last year? 0-4 this year, same talent. Which is it? Have we degenerated? We have the same talent. Your hypothesis fails to address this problem. The coaching MAY have something to do with it... Can you agree?

Some of the loyalty out there for Chucky is scary. Don't worry about my analysis. If I am wrong, I'm wrong. No harm.
you can go with overachieving, luck, getting the bounces /calls that we're not getting this year, few injuries (Caddy did miss a few games, and Griese went down but other than that mostly injury free, unlike this year), catching teams in the right weeks (I.E. Miami and Minnesota who went on runs late). Do the coaches matter? Yes, but no coach makes the right call 90% or even 60% of the time, can some of the calls be questioned? Yes, but you act is if there are 31 other coaches who are better in their decisions, that simply is not true. A lot of the game is luck, maybe Gruden's calls are right on paper, but the players have to execute and in that span of 10 seconds there are so many variables to blame it on a coach's call (unless it's a timeout or kicking / going for it) is not a smart way to assess a coach and his 'ability', if that's the case I suppose after Super Bowl 37 Gruden was the greatest coach in the history of the NFL.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#34 : October 08, 2006, 11:41:45 PM

Mis-informed, I am. 

0-4... Scoreboard.

That's right, you are.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 08, 2006, 11:54:38 PM

I agree with all that.

Really it all comes down to wins and losses. Our team is so inconsistent. Not just game to game, but year to year.

Gruden has to show that there is some direction and personality/attitude that we can expect from this team week to week.

Today excluded, watching the first three games I was mystified to what kind of team we even had. Hopefully today is a sign of good things to come.

Not to be a jerk, but I really do think that Gruden will screw up, even when the team "clicks" or whatever... He just mis-manages all the time.

#36 : October 09, 2006, 12:00:51 AM

I agree with all that.

Really it all comes down to wins and losses. Our team is so inconsistent. Not just game to game, but year to year.

Gruden has to show that there is some direction and personality/attitude that we can expect from this team week to week.

Today excluded, watching the first three games I was mystified to what kind of team we even had. Hopefully today is a sign of good things to come.

Not to be a jerk, but I really do think that Gruden will screw up, even when the team "clicks" or whatever... He just mis-manages all the time.
mis-manages what exactly? Clock management? I mean look at the timeouts today, in the first half 1 by Gradkowski, 1 by the defense, 1 by special teams. All of those are the players, not Gruden. You can question why he didn't throw a bomb with 2 seconds to go, but even then logic says nothing good is going to happen, your putting a target on Grad's chest and even if you do get a flag Bryant hasn't been old reliable this season, not to mention if it's a pick or a fumble that goes for a TD you just ruined your QB's confidence and the score heading into the next half where you get the ball.

The running game? He stuck with it today, the play calling? He did a damn fine job IMO mixing it up, a few bad breaks (if Galloway sells that pick better, we aren't discussing a loss.) Personnel? I think he did a good job mixing some of the formations up, like Mahan at FB in the goalline situations, the reverse was something we haven't seen before, like the flea flicker v. Carolina, I'm not sure what he's mismanaging in regards to today's game, okay so maybe you don't run the risk of punting to Bush but we had him contained and losing yards all day, the %'s are in our favor so why not kick to him, maybe he dances around for an extra few seconds and loses 2-3 more yards, or muffs the punt, or lets it hop and they get pinned. There are so many variables (and again I go back to the Cash missed tackle) that even the punt return for a TD cannot, CANNOT be blamed on Jon.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#37 : October 09, 2006, 09:18:06 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but who in the hell are we going to get to replace this so called horrible coach. Please entertain me cause I have no clue as to who would be the replacement. I don't want a rookie coach nor a coach that has failed in another location only to come over here and stink it up. Makes no sense man, none at all but hey you hate the coach and that is that.

I will cease to converse with ya. * note to self* BucsGuru is delusional and must be ignored at all cost. *note to self*

bOOm

I am not on the Fire Gruden band wagon.....but a fine example for the question you're asking is evident all over the league. Payton, Leinehan, Mangini!!! Saban the almighty Dolphin savior has struggled....why? O-line problems, and an aging defense.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What was he thinking? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools