Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : February 26, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »

1. RB Jonathan Stewart - 5'10 235 compact squatty frame, blessed with an exceedingly rare combination of size, explosiveness, speed, vision, and hands, as opposed to some of the other RB prospects in the 2008 NFL Draft, there is no concern about Jonathan Stewart’s ability to run the ball between the tackles…athleticism is vastly underrated…Stewart should develop into an NFL RB who can handle the ball 20+ times a game, including goal-line work.

2. DT Trevor Laws - squatty short compact powerful build, has a great first step, uses his hands well to disengage would be blockers. Non stop motor doesnt quit on plays, good change of direction skills close on ball carriers well, a wrap up tackler

3. CB Patrick Lee - Big physical corner, has tremendous triangle numbers can play either zone or man, uses speed to close on plays in front of him sound tackler.

4. WR Jerome Simpson - 6'2 200 pound 4.47 40 underrated prospect who has a decent size speed combination, excellent hands, precise route runner elusive in the open field, makes tough catches in traffic.

5. QB Josh Johnson -  after mixed reviews at the combine hoping teams shy away from Johnson and he falls to the fith.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 26, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »

Solid, I would be happy with that.

Big fan of J. Stew, think he would be an excellent fit for this offense.

Patrick Lee is a solid corner, who with the right coaching could make an impact on special teams immediately and help him gain his way up the ladder.

Don't know much about Simpson

Yes to Josh Johnson.

« #2 : February 26, 2008, 02:18:13 PM »

I like this mock a lot. I dont know about Jerome Simpson but I know Josh Johnson has a lot of upside. Im hoping we go for Flacco or Josh Johnson.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #3 : February 26, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »

solid draft. I like the first couple picks!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 26, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

Yuccs,

We have no 4 at this point. Its tied up in the Plummer situation.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 26, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

I really think you could see the Bucs going RB with the first pick unless one of the better DTs slips to us. The WRs that we all thought might be at 20 don't look quite as good now and are now more like 2nd round picks.

I really like the idea of signing a free agent WR and then drafting a RB or DT with the first pick. With the second pick, I really think the Bucs are going to look at either Flacco or Johnson. There's no way either of those guys will last past the 3rd round. If we don't take a QB in round 2, then I think they will in round 3.

I think in our first 4 picks, you are going to see a RB, QB, WR, DT or CB taken. If we sign Coleman then DT might not be as big a need or if we sign a good free agent CB...the same thing goes.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #6 : February 26, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »

Stan - do you think plummer is going to report at the start of the draft? Doubtful so odds are the team will have the their fourth rounder.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 26, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »

Yuccs,

We have no 4 at this point. Its tied up in the Plummer situation.

The draft pick owed to Denver will be known by draft day. At this point does anyone really think Plummer is going to join the Bucs? The Bucs are very likely to have their 4th round pick.

BTW Yuccs.....I like the draft you posted.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 26, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

1. I like Stewart (and Mendenhall) as a player, but don't see why Graham needs to be replaced when there are 5-10 starters who need to be replaced before him. But depending on how things go he could be the best value at this point.

2. I like him but would prefer Sims or Moore who have just as much or more pass rush and better size.

3. Good pick but could be gone.

4. Could be good. I'd love it if Keenan Burton were still available.

5. Why not?

That said, I'll probably like your draft better than what the Bucs end up with.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 26, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »

Yucs,

You could be right. But I haven't seen any so called "official" date by which he must sign before the draft pick changes.

I have asked about this date several times.

P.S. Any word on my email?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 26, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »

I believe Scott or Jim said that the day before the draft is the official day, Stan.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 26, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »

well, I am sure the team will not be parting with a fourth rounder on draft day without the services of Plummer which no one will know until OTA's.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 26, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »

Biggs,

Thanks.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #13 : February 26, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

Denver post had Allen quoted as saying it was by draft date. It actually makes more sense that it would be a specific date and time so he doesn't call them up in the middle of the fourth round and say "I'm in". So I imagine the day before the draft is the likely date.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dm4bucs

Starter
« #14 : February 26, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »

I would think Allen is smart enough to tell plummer to stay home till the day after the draft and then show up so that we give the denver broncos only a 7th round pick and he can do it as revenge at his old team(evil grin).

BTW i like the mock alot and if stewart is there at 20, which i don't think he will be, he has the most value out of any of the other guys that will be there with him.  Top 10 pick if not for such a strong rb class.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools