Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 26, 2008, 04:18:38 PM

1. I like Stewart (and Mendenhall) as a player, but don't see why Graham needs to be replaced when there are 5-10 starters who need to be replaced before him. But depending on how things go he could be the best value at this point.

2. I like him but would prefer Sims or Moore who have just as much or more pass rush and better size.

3. Good pick but could be gone.

4. Could be good. I'd love it if Keenan Burton were still available.

5. Why not?

That said, I'll probably like your draft better than what the Bucs end up with.

Damn FRG - do you wake up thinking negative?

Yuccs - I like it - I do see the rationale for a RB at #1 - the very same one for giving EG a stair step up pay increase - and while I would wonder why Laws - DT pick with the second pick is rationale.  I would not be surprised with 3rd or 4th round CB pick - just based on history - but if Flacco is there - maybe a change there.  I anticipate a FA WR - and am keeping an eye on the kid from Appalachian State - the kid who ran like the wind - as a Welker kinda of player - a year of speed would do the offense well.  And I know of your affinity for Johnson - not so sure yet - but we will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 26, 2008, 04:26:36 PM

I don't see us taking a RB with the first pick. I see us picking up a FA RB prior to the draft. I see a CB as a first round pick possably Cramarty at 6'2  195 lbs and running a 4.28 40 . add to that he has great character i can see the Bucs taking him in the first

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 26, 2008, 04:33:07 PM

Most cover 2 teams not waste first round picks on zone corners

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 26, 2008, 04:34:08 PM

1. I like Stewart (and Mendenhall) as a player, but don't see why Graham needs to be replaced when there are 5-10 starters who need to be replaced before him. But depending on how things go he could be the best value at this point.

2. I like him but would prefer Sims or Moore who have just as much or more pass rush and better size.

3. Good pick but could be gone.

4. Could be good. I'd love it if Keenan Burton were still available.

5. Why not?

That said, I'll probably like your draft better than what the Bucs end up with.

Yuccs - I like it - I do see the rationale for a RB at #1 - the very same one for giving EG a stair step up pay increase - and while I would wonder why Laws - DT pick with the second pick is rationale. I would not be surprised with 3rd or 4th round CB pick - just based on history - but if Flacco is there - maybe a change there. I anticipate a FA WR - and am keeping an eye on the kid from Appalachian State - the kid who ran like the wind - as a Welker kinda of player - a year of speed would do the offense well. And I know of your affinity for Johnson - not so sure yet - but we will see.

It is being reported that Flacco might have a problem in the NFL do to his long release. The QB scouts are using this reasoning to explain his unusually high rate of sacks. While Flacko is some what mobile his long stride that he uses when throwing the ball makes his release time a 1/2 second longer then the average NFL QB leading to more space and time needed in the pocket for him to follow through with his throws. Something I am sure is being reviewed on tape.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 26, 2008, 04:37:26 PM

Yea - I read that - we will see.  Saw him throw - did not remind me of Leftwich.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : February 26, 2008, 04:48:04 PM

How is drafting a RB going to make this team better for 2008 or the future?

Including the playoffs Graham had 10 games where he was the #1 back start to finish. In those 10 games....
195 carries
793 yards
8 TDs
0 fumbles
47 catches
305 yards

Those numbers projected over 16 games...
1269 rushing
488 rec
1757 total
13 TDs

Thats the guy you want to replace? He's 28 with very little mileage on him.

And wait and see what happens with Cadillac.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 26, 2008, 04:49:19 PM

How is drafting a RB going to make this team better for 2008 or the future?

Including the playoffs Graham had 10 games where he was the #1 back start to finish. In those 10 games....
195 carries
793 yards
8 TDs
0 fumbles
47 catches
305 yards

Those numbers projected over 16 games...
1269 rushing
488 rec
1757 total
13 TDs

Thats the guy you want to replace? He's 28 with very little mileage on him.

And wait and see what happens with Cadillac.
Preaching to the choir.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 26, 2008, 04:52:04 PM

would really like an earlier round qb, maybe a DT in the first round or another end. I hate it when we pick RB's early

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 26, 2008, 05:00:40 PM

Draft weekend last year I only liked two Bucs picks - Adams and Jackson.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 26, 2008, 05:08:37 PM

I think that is an excellent draft!  We can all nitpick picks but as a whole, which is what you seemed to be asking, I would take it and not even show up at the draft.

Actually, I like dm4bucs better, and it mirrors mine, but like yours a lot.

.....just my opinion

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 26, 2008, 05:10:20 PM

Most cover 2 teams not waste first round picks on zone corners

I agree however can Gruden resist a rare breed such as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie standing at 6'2 and running in the 4.2s in the 40. Lets face it Cromartie was a nobody CB just over a month ago. If this kid had played at a major school he might have been the top CB in this draft. Add to that that Morrison did such a good job with our rookie DB's last year that it might make it to enticing to bring in Cromartie. It makes to much sense to get a good CB this year. Look at the mix of young talent and great veterans we would have in our secondary.
 It makes more sense to bring in a FA RB. Then a FA CB. We are already young at RB Caddy, Graham and that kid from Alabama. Why bring in another young RB when there is a bountiful number of all around RB hitting FA.
We got a few years to use Barbers leadership on that field with the young kids we have at DB (Buchanon, Cox, Jackson, Piscitelli) lets use that. With us getting Cromartie it is very likely we could see Barber play for the Bucs another 4 years. Bring in Cromartie with the 20th pick and let him learn while coming in during nickel situation would be ideal. If a CB gets hurt well Cromartie is good enough to step in sooner then later. Lets face it people we are not deep at CB. Get a good high character young CB now and we might be looking at our starting DBs looking like this for the next 7 year (CB Buchanon and Cromartie S Jackson and Piscitelli) young and fast. We might have the fastest DB’s in the league.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 26, 2008, 05:11:05 PM

Draft weekend last year I only liked two Bucs picks - Adams and Jackson.

Have you stayed negative since then?  Lighten up - Who knows - the buccs could stumble over the right answers and make your next year more positive -

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 26, 2008, 06:12:23 PM

Bucsbum,

Who is Morrison?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

PoorRichard

Starter

#28 : February 26, 2008, 06:41:37 PM

I think this draft would get a C grade. Stewart would be a wasted pick since he would not unseat Graham and brings no complimentary skills to the table.

The Bucs need to focus in on their pass rush in the 1st round and speed beyond that.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 26, 2008, 06:55:19 PM

To think that Stewart would not unseat Graham is crazy, He has the speed to get to the outside has decent hands and can return kickoffs not to mention he is 235 pounds and has that homerun speed Gruden graves

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools