Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : February 26, 2008, 07:05:09 PM

I suppose the drafting of Stewart would signal the end of the Carnell Williams experiment. That excites me.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 26, 2008, 07:17:24 PM

LOL...Same here Hate, I have seen enough of Carnell. After watching Graham and Pittman find the holes to run through and get things done, he can't leave soon enough.

JC510

Practice Squad

#32 : February 26, 2008, 08:12:34 PM

To think that Stewart would not unseat Graham is crazy, He has the speed to get to the outside has decent hands and can return kickoffs not to mention he is 235 pounds and has that homerun speed Gruden graves

Yea it's real "crazy".

Graham was a beast last season.

RB in the 1st round is a total waste of a pick. Better off drafting another guard.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 26, 2008, 08:16:53 PM

Graham is not the team long term future at runningback the front office and Gruden question weather or not he is even the feature back even after last seasons showing. There are backs every year that flash and then are never heard from again. There is no way the franchise would be willing to go into next season with Graham, Bennett and a lesser known free agent to pin there hopes on.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 26, 2008, 08:25:57 PM

Exactly, this team NEEDS a starting RB not someone who was put there because he was our last option. Graham IS a good RB and the type of back we need in this offense. But Stewart is everything that Graham is, and then some. Those two together would be a very very nice combination.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 26, 2008, 08:29:09 PM

don't agree with the RB pick, because mainly I think Graham can handle the load with Bennett and Moore(FA) and a later draft pick i.e. Tashard Choice...picks 2, 3, and 5 I agree with...round 4 WR, I'm probably splitting hairs but I prefer Lavelle Hawkins (based on Combine and Senior Bowl performances ONLY (probably not fair, but its more than I know about Simpson) or Wesley Woodyard LB...

You must be accountable for your actions!

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 26, 2008, 08:40:38 PM

If we sign Moore we won't draft a rb!  I don't believe we will keep more than 3 rbs.  We almost never do, unless one is going to bu at fb.  Of Graham, Bennett, and  Moore, only Graham could play fb.  I don't think we will draft a rb/fb, so altho I would like to sign Moore, and have him also return kicks, I would rather draft a young one.  I love Stewart, and the is a CHANCE he iwll be there for us.  It could be we would be better served to wait until later and draft Choice, or Forte, who is something like Stewart with less speed.

.....just my opinion

dodda45

Starter
#37 : February 26, 2008, 08:58:06 PM

I like the Trevor Laws pick... The really played well at the Senior Bowl and had a great combine.  The guy is relentless and just seems to be in on nearly every play.  I don't think Stewart will be available but if he is, then I don't have a problem with the pick.  We can also get a good pack in the 3rd.  I'd love to be able to get Josh Johnson that late in the draft...What was the knock on him at the combine?  Arm strength?

The way the draft works out, we may have a chance to get a stud corner early...I know that is not consistent with our philosophy but didn't Dungy pick a couple of corners early at Indianapolis?  Jenkins, Cromartie and Talib would all be huge additions...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 26, 2008, 09:20:31 PM

Moore is not a feature back ... 3rd down/situational guy.  

There are several good backs coming out this year, I don't think spending a low first rounder is really the best value for us IMO.  Graham can pick up the blitz, has good vision, good balance, a physical runner and catches the ball well, then getting Bennett involved with his speed to change the pace is a great combo IMO ... I see no reason to go RB round 1 - round 2 and 3 will have some very good backs to choose from.  ie Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith, Matt Forté, Tashard Choice.

I just think CB, WR & UT are bigger needs and at least one of them should be addressed before RB.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 26, 2008, 10:02:06 PM

I think this draft would get a C grade. Stewart would be a wasted pick since he would not unseat Graham and brings no complimentary skills to the table.

The Bucs need to focus in on their pass rush in the 1st round and speed beyond that.

Stewart is just bigger stronger faster

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 26, 2008, 10:15:09 PM

Graham is not the team long term future at runningback the front office and Gruden question weather or not he is even the feature back even after last seasons showing. There are backs every year that flash and then are never heard from again. There is no way the franchise would be willing to go into next season with Graham, Bennett and a lesser known free agent to pin there hopes on.
There's ton of precedent for running backs coming out of nowhere. Willie Parker is still playing well in Pittsburgh.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Mock V3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools