Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Saints « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: October 01, 2006, 09:42:35 AM

Got to cheer for the Saints today. First of all, no one wants to see Atlanta or Carolina leading the division if the BUcs arent in the picture. I would much rather see New Orleans out in front. Aside from that, if the Saints win and move to 4-0 they will be given a lot more respect nationally. A lot of people are saying this game today is a barometer for New Orleans that will determine if they are for real. So if they win, we will in a way have somethign to play for next week. I have been first in line to say the BUcs have no shot at the playoffs this year. Ever since they lost to Baltimore Ive been saying if they lost to Atlanta there was no chance att he division, and after their performance against ATlanta I gave them no shot at the playoffs. NOt that beating a 4-0 New Orleans would giev me much more hope, but it will bring back a little bit of respect if nothing else. New Orleans beats Atlanta and Carolina and then we beat them in New Orleans with a rookie 6th round QB. Im desperate for the BUcs to have something to play for. I anticipate the season every year, startuing in February my anticipation is huge and just gets bigger through the summer. Years like this one, and 2004, are sickening to me when the BUcs have nothign to play for. So here's to New Orleans winning today

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2006, 09:45:02 AM

I bitterly hate Carolina, so I want the Saints to win as well.   

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 01, 2006, 10:18:39 AM

Wow! I never thought I'd see that day.............

Got to cheer for the Saints today. First of all, no one wants to see Atlanta or Carolina leading the division if the BUcs arent in the picture. I would much rather see New Orleans out in front. Aside from that, if the Saints win and move to 4-0 they will be given a lot more respect nationally. A lot of people are saying this game today is a barometer for New Orleans that will determine if they are for real. So if they win, we will in a way have somethign to play for next week. I have been first in line to say the BUcs have no shot at the playoffs this year. Ever since they lost to Baltimore Ive been saying if they lost to Atlanta there was no chance att he division, and after their performance against ATlanta I gave them no shot at the playoffs. NOt that beating a 4-0 New Orleans would giev me much more hope, but it will bring back a little bit of respect if nothing else. New Orleans beats Atlanta and Carolina and then we beat them in New Orleans with a rookie 6th round QB. Im desperate for the BUcs to have something to play for. I anticipate the season every year, startuing in February my anticipation is huge and just gets bigger through the summer. Years like this one, and 2004, are sickening to me when the BUcs have nothign to play for. So here's to New Orleans winning today

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 01, 2006, 10:21:35 AM

If there's any team in the South I wan't to win other than the Bucs, its the Saints. For some reason, I just can't seem to hate that team.

Bucs_Fan_Since_78

Practice Squad

#4 : October 01, 2006, 10:25:24 AM

I bitterly hate Carolina, so I want the Saints to win as well.   

WILL THE GLAZERS SPEND ENOUGH TO WIN?

kenbucfan

Second String
#5 : October 01, 2006, 10:25:42 AM

I just dunno. I HATE Carolina as well...but a Carolina victory and Falcons and Saints loss and there is still a glimmer of hope that The Bucs can climb out of the hole. Am I a Homer? YOU BET. I just think that Gradkowski could be like Rothlisburger, a rookie who just comes in and lights it up. It is possible. But if Carolina does lose...I won't be shedding any tears, that's for sure.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 01, 2006, 11:05:14 AM

I hope everybody in the South loses. When they play each other, I hope for a tie!!! What's funny is people still think we have a rivalry with Philly, but are OK with rooting for the Saints. That doesn't make sense to me.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 01, 2006, 11:10:28 AM

I'm not rooting for the Saints any other week.   But I root for any team playing the Panthers.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2006, 12:03:10 PM

If the Bucs went on a decent run and won all their remaining divisional games, we could sneek the division.  For that reason a Panthers win is better for us today IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 01, 2006, 12:09:41 PM

If the Bucs went on a decent run and won all their remaining divisional games, we could sneek the division.  For that reason a Panthers win is better for us today IMO.

I agree.

With the way this division is going I do not see a single team within this division putting up double digit wins.

#10 : October 01, 2006, 12:15:42 PM

I hope everybody in the South loses. When they play each other, I hope for a tie!!! What's funny is people still think we have a rivalry with Philly, but are OK with rooting for the Saints. That doesn't make sense to me.

what is wrong with rooting for the Saints when they play an even more hated rival? And when it sets up a big matchup for our Bucs who could use a boost like beating the 4-0 Saints.

Forget about what other teams in the division do, this BUcs team wont make the playoffs because they arent any good. Our defense is 32nd against the run. Defense gives up 5.5 yards per first down. Secondary hasnt stepped up. our OL has to be the worst in teh NFL. Even the Raiders are a better running team. Pass blocking is still suspect unless we run max protection.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 01, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

I agree.

With the way this division is going I do not see a single team within this division putting up double digit wins.

The optimist in me says lets win our last four divisional games.  If the other divisional games get chopped, we would have the divisional tie-breaker.  There is a chance that 9-7 would be enough to win our division this year with the schedules the teams have.

It is a long shot but you never know.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 01, 2006, 12:35:11 PM

The optimist in me says lets win our last four divisional games.  If the other divisional games get chopped, we would have the divisional tie-breaker.  There is a chance that 9-7 would be enough to win our division this year with the schedules the teams have.

It is a long shot but you never know.

I agree.

It is also more realistic that the Bucs go 9-4 the rest of the way (many of the losses coming against AFC opponents) with Grads then lets say 13-0 as some suggest.   :D :D :D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 01, 2006, 12:36:39 PM

If we are really lucky 8-8 might be enough to win tie the top of the division, winning it with a 4-2 divisional record.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 01, 2006, 12:42:00 PM

If we are really lucky 8-8 might be enough to win tie the top of the division, winning it with a 4-2 divisional record.

Yes it is possible.  Unless the Saints pull away today (or the Panthers go on a huge string of wins) things will be interesting in the NFC South as the Bucs face the Saints the following week.

I do not see the Bucs winning against any AFC opponent this year but if they can win against the rest of their NFC opponents and divisional games you never know.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Saints « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools