Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pearson turns down 1 year $927,000 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 26, 2008, 03:48:48 PM

according to Pearson agent Michael Hawthorne, and his client have turned it down, according to an Internet report at TBO.com.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 26, 2008, 04:14:04 PM

Adios.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 26, 2008, 04:14:55 PM

He still can accept the offer even after free agency begins on Friday

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Raideneers

Starter

#3 : February 26, 2008, 04:19:21 PM

He'll be covering punts & kick off's elsewhere.

Bye

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 26, 2008, 04:21:05 PM

We will see if he gets his head out of the clouds - but I believe DTG has the answer.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 26, 2008, 04:45:03 PM

Jackson, Phillips, Piscitelli, Allen. We're good thanks.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2008, 04:45:33 PM

That's a big gamble, trouble is if he can't generate interest elsewhere, then he'll likely get less. That's the agent's job, so we'll see what happens.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 26, 2008, 04:46:53 PM

Jackson, Phillips, Piscitelli. We're good thanks.

FTFY.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 26, 2008, 08:34:19 PM

don't let the door hit you in the a--

You must be accountable for your actions!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 26, 2008, 09:41:29 PM

crazy ... doubt he gets a much better offer elsewhere.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2008, 10:04:41 PM

How is KP going to manage anything better than that?

He would be wise to sign, and count his blessings. 

NOBODY is going to offer him a million.  He is a backup.  A backup!  He must think highly of himself, or his agent must think highly of hisself...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 26, 2008, 10:10:38 PM

How is KP going to manage anything better than that?

He would be wise to sign, and count his blessings.

NOBODY is going to offer him a million. He is a backup. A backup! He must think highly of himself, or his agent must think highly of hisself...

it must be a woman ... His woman is gonna leave if he can't get anything higher than that LOL

#12 : February 27, 2008, 06:34:21 AM

what will we ever do without this guy. Next season is over folks, this guy was our team. Hate to see him leave.

On 2nd though, this gives guys like Cash, and some draftees chances to make the roster.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 27, 2008, 06:54:12 AM

You guys know I like the alternate opinion at times and this is one of them.  While we have some good prospects, I wouldn't sell KP short.  He's learned a lot in this defense and I'm sure will take his talents and produce elsewhere.  One teams garbabge is another teams treasure.  Nice to be all smug and indignent when we have Jackson, Flip, Allen and Sabby.  But Pearson can play.  Not sure he'll find that kind of money, but I think he'll be an up and comer in this league...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 27, 2008, 08:16:24 AM

From a Bucs fan perspective I think Pearson is making a mistake becuase that is the best you can do as a special teams ace in this league who has very little starting experience.  But I can see the other perspective in that one dimensional safties in this league are paid accordingly (Michael Lewis and Adam Archuletta as examples).  But Pearson is not an established safety so I think in the end he will not find the big pay day he seeks.  If it is a slight increase maybe it woudl be worth it. ???

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pearson turns down 1 year $927,000 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools