Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pearson turns down 1 year $927,000 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 27, 2008, 09:08:30 AM

I am shocked they offered him a cent over vets minimum.

tenfive

Starter

#16 : February 27, 2008, 09:29:10 AM

He has got to be thinking at 29 that this is his last chance to be a starter or at the least a rotational player, he had no chance here unless multiple injuries. Good luck to him and I bet he does get a better deal, there is a lot of money out there and he was a backup on the #2 defense in the NFL, I'm sure his agent wouldn't have him turn the deal down if he didn't know something better was out there.

marlevr

Second String
#17 : February 27, 2008, 09:36:49 AM

I am shocked they offered him a cent over vets minimum.

He's a restricted FA, that was the tender.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 27, 2008, 09:38:54 AM

Based on the bloated salaries required to land a decent FA these days, he may well find a contract paying him more than $1 million a year.

thanson

Starter

#19 : February 27, 2008, 12:35:04 PM

See Yeah.

#20 : February 27, 2008, 01:08:52 PM

You guys know I like the alternate opinion at times and this is one of them.  While we have some good prospects, I wouldn't sell KP short.  He's learned a lot in this defense and I'm sure will take his talents and produce elsewhere.  One teams garbabge is another teams treasure.  Nice to be all smug and indignent when we have Jackson, Flip, Allen and Sabby.  But Pearson can play.  Not sure he'll find that kind of money, but I think he'll be an up and comer in this league...

I think he'll be back Chev, and that's a good thing. He probably has a few good years left.

DTG, good point but I think it's better than 50% he's back here.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 27, 2008, 01:15:04 PM

Since he is a RFA not only will some team have to beat $927,000 but they will have to give the Bucs a draft pick.  Don't see that happening.

#22 : February 27, 2008, 01:20:03 PM

Since he is a RFA not only will some team have to beat $927,000 but they will have to give the Bucs a draft pick.  Don't see that happening.

I'm thinking there's no pick involved JG. Not quite sure about this but maybe because he was undrafted ?

marlevr

Second String
#23 : February 27, 2008, 02:12:34 PM

There's no compensation for the Bucs if someone else signs him, he was an undrafted FA.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 27, 2008, 02:16:59 PM

You guys know I like the alternate opinion at times and this is one of them. While we have some good prospects, I wouldn't sell KP short. He's learned a lot in this defense and I'm sure will take his talents and produce elsewhere. One teams garbabge is another teams treasure. Nice to be all smug and indignent when we have Jackson, Flip, Allen and Sabby. But Pearson can play. Not sure he'll find that kind of money, but I think he'll be an up and comer in this league...

I think he'll be back Chev, and that's a good thing. He probably has a few good years left.

Hey we carried Eric Vance for the longest and he was a special teams demon.  Ya'll can say goodbye but when someone torches us for a return, then you'll be pissed because KP is doing it for someone else.  At that point how much would you pay him to stop that guy from reaching the end zone?  Someone will pay this kid and then turn around and continue to develop him as a safety.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 27, 2008, 03:36:49 PM

Ya'll can say goodbye but when someone torches us for a return, then you'll be pissed because KP is doing it for someone else.

I can pretty safely say that the likelihood of anyone hearing me exclaim: "Dadgummit! If we'd only have had Kalvin Pearson back!" is so remote as to being almost undetectable.

Someone will pay this kid and then turn around and continue to develop him as a safety.

Good for them.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 27, 2008, 03:48:30 PM

You guys know I like the alternate opinion at times and this is one of them. While we have some good prospects, I wouldn't sell KP short. He's learned a lot in this defense and I'm sure will take his talents and produce elsewhere. One teams garbabge is another teams treasure. Nice to be all smug and indignent when we have Jackson, Flip, Allen and Sabby. But Pearson can play. Not sure he'll find that kind of money, but I think he'll be an up and comer in this league...

Hey we carried Eric Vance for the longest and he was a special teams demon. Ya'll can say goodbye but when someone torches us for a return, then you'll be pissed because KP is doing it for someone else. At that point how much would you pay him to stop that guy from reaching the end zone? Someone will pay this kid and then turn around and continue to develop him as a safety.
Someone said he is almost 30?

Meh.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 27, 2008, 07:11:00 PM

Ya'll can say goodbye but when someone torches us for a return, then you'll be pissed because KP is doing it for someone else.

I can pretty safely say that the likelihood of anyone hearing me exclaim: "Dadgummit! If we'd only have had Kalvin Pearson back!" is so remote as to being almost undetectable.

Someone will pay this kid and then turn around and continue to develop him as a safety.

Good for them.

That was a goodie dawg...I owe you...LOL :D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

msakaniwa

Starter

#28 : February 27, 2008, 07:28:33 PM

lol

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 27, 2008, 07:48:50 PM

That was a goodie dawg...I owe you...LOL

Glad. I was hoping you'd get a smile out of it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pearson turns down 1 year $927,000 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools