Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Carsousel May Continue « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 26, 2008, 05:55:29 PM

Jon Gruden hasn't seen a quarterback he hasn't liked. With the NFL combine winding down the rumors are out in full force of a possible new quarterback landing in Tampa. Weather it be a veteran or a rookie the team is sure to explore their options heading into free agency and the draft.

Since Gruden's arrival at One Buc Place the team has been a carousel of veteran quarterbacks trying to earn a starting spot. The likes of Brad Johnson, Rob Johnson, Shaun King, Brian Griese Jay Fiedler and Jeff Garcia have all been signed at one point during Grudens tenure as the Bucs head coach.

Quarterbacks have been drafted in the likes of Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. The team has even traded for quarterback's in Luke McCown and Jake Plummer.

That's ten quarterbacks in six seasons an still no sure fire future for the franchise to look forward too.

Now names have started to surface as to some veterans that might becoming back home, weather a player like Brian Griese is reunited with Gruden or retired but I haven't filed the paper work Jake Plummer decides to show up for the 2008 season is still a mystery. One thing is for sure Gruden just loves him some qb's.

Does Gruden feel he has the future of the franchise on the current roster? That is the million dollar question. Luke McCown showed he is capable of producing but needs a lot of work on pocket awareness. What he does have is the mobility to keep plays alive, while possessing a strong arm that gives him the ability to make all the throws an fit that football into tight spaces required from a starter in the NFL.

Could this be the year the team finally drafts a future? Will the team spend a first round pick on a player like Brian Brohm or Matt Ryan? Or will the team settle for lesser known prospects in Joe Flacco or Josh Johnson the latter has been rumored to have that "IT" quality that you just cant teach, but both players have caught the eye of Gruden. Reports are Gruden has fallen in love with both Johnson and Flacco and is willing to part with a second round pick for one of them in the up coming draft.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 26, 2008, 06:01:32 PM

Jon Gruden hasn't seen a quarterback he hasn't liked. With the NFL combine winding down the rumors are out in full force of a possible new quarterback landing in Tampa. Weather it be a veteran or a rookie the team is sure to explore their options heading into free agency and the draft.

Since Gruden's arrival at One Buc Place the team has been a carousel of veteran quarterbacks trying to earn a starting spot. The likes of Brad Johnson, Rob Johnson, Shaun King, Brian Griese Jay Fiedler and Jeff Garcia have all been signed at one point during Grudens tenure as the Bucs head coach.

Quarterbacks have been drafted in the likes of Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. The team has even traded for quarterback's in Luke McCown and Jake Plummer.

That's ten quarterbacks in six seasons an still no sure fire future for the franchise to look forward too.

Now names have started to surface as to some veterans that might becoming back home, weather a player like Brian Griese is reunited with Gruden or retired but I haven't filed the paper work Jake Plummer decides to show up for the 2008 season is still a mystery. One thing is for sure Gruden just loves him some qb's.

Does Gruden feel he has the future of the franchise on the current roster? That is the million dollar question. Luke McCown showed he is capable of producing but needs a lot of work on pocket awareness. What he does have is the mobility to keep plays alive, while possessing a strong arm that gives him the ability to make all the throws an fit that football into tight spaces required from a starter in the NFL.

Could this be the year the team finally drafts a future? Will the team spend a first round pick on a player like Brian Brohm or Matt Ryan? Or will the team settle for lesser known prospects in Joe Flacco or Josh Johnson the latter has been rumored to have that "IT" quality that you just cant teach, but both players have caught the eye of Gruden. Reports are Gruden has fallen in love with both Johnson and Flacco and is willing to part with a second round pick for one of them in the up coming draft.

Good.  It's time we get a young QB with real talent.  Gruden has his extention and we have our "right now" QB.  This situation is pefect for spending a high draft pick on a QB.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 26, 2008, 07:34:11 PM

Flacco yes, but no way should we spend a 2nd on Johnson!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 26, 2008, 07:50:12 PM

Garcia will start the season and because of injury Plummer will get the job.  Plummer is the QB of the future. Get used to it.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2008, 07:52:48 PM

you cant still honestly believe that Plummer is going to play?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#5 : February 26, 2008, 07:52:59 PM

Plummer is still sitting out. I wont believe it until I see it and then I will know that Gruden doesn't care about this franchise letting Plummer play.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2008, 07:54:15 PM

Gruden doesn't care about this franchise letting Plummer play.

oh i gotta hear your explanation on that one

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 26, 2008, 07:56:05 PM

Believe what you want.  Plummer is sitting out right now because the entire NFL is sitting out.  Come training camp he'll be there.   And yes Ghost I'm sure its because Gruden doesn't care about the franchise or Allen because he traded for Plummer.  Or the Glazers because they just resigned Gruden and Allen.  Wow we are really going to be screwed.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 26, 2008, 08:03:20 PM

If Brohm is there at 20 then I don't mind them taking them. If we don't start developing a guy and Luke McCown isn't the future then we are in trouble. We can't sign stop gaps forever.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 26, 2008, 08:19:17 PM

Luke IS the future....but I would love to draft Josh Johnson to compete with him; just not in the 2nd round.  Too many other needs!

.....just my opinion

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2008, 08:23:11 PM

Luke so far is Brian Griese with a little more mobility.  But he has the ability to make the key mistake.  He could grow out of that with experience, but that is no guarantee.  Ask Griese.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : February 26, 2008, 08:25:17 PM

Because you are handing over the reigns to a guy like Plummer. There is a reason that they wanted him out of Denver. Plummer is Griese times 2, because Plummer has more natural ability but will coast you 3-4 games a year because he is an idiot.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 26, 2008, 08:26:39 PM

i think that's a stretch to say Gruden doesnt care about the franchise because he would start a guy with great natural ability.

think you're bein a little dramatic.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 26, 2008, 08:29:31 PM

Luke does NOT make mistakes in the "Griese tradition".  Luke's MAIN problem is holding the ball too long.  That can be worked on.  His qb rating was in the 90's last season I think, or close to it.  IIRC, his rating was very close to Garcia's.

.....just my opinion

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 26, 2008, 09:38:27 PM

Because you are handing over the reigns to a guy like Plummer. There is a reason that they wanted him out of Denver. Plummer is Griese times 2, because Plummer has more natural ability but will coast you 3-4 games a year because he is an idiot.

Gruden doesn't want to just give the job to Plummer. He wants Plummer to show up and compete for the starting job.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Carsousel May Continue « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools