Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tom Cruise Was Right « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Runole

Hall of Famer
#150 : March 10, 2008, 04:01:06 PM

"Why consult a physician when I can consult the PR Message Board's medical guru himself?"

What do you call this?

Did you read either of the links provided???.. Most certainly there are far more than dozens supporting the contention that Cholesterol is bad for your body and lowering it is good. That is where the $$$$'s are!!!

In your case IGNORANCE is bliss! Carry on!!

"I believed I was going to win the lottery last weekend. Unfortunately, I believed wrong."

I never cease to be amazed at your lack of any thing useful or intelligent to this thread!!

1.  Who said I was talking about you?

So who were you talking about?

2.  I read link number 1.  Haven't got around to the second yet.

3.  Personal attack.  I'm ignorant apparently because my opinion differs from yours.

Not because your opinion is different but because you choose to ignore any contrary evidence. From your remarks you are continually defending both the pharmaceutical and medical industry it seems only because they make money.

4.  Pointing out that the power of suggestion does not always work.

5.  It only lacks usefulness and intelligience because it opposes your view.

Present a credible argument and I most certainly can be convinced. Since you haven't why should I trust your opinion? Posting mostly propaganda doesn't help your case.

Cholesterol is an essential nutrient for life.  Agree?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#151 : March 10, 2008, 04:18:13 PM

I haven't made an "arguement" other than the medical field has made great strides for our society and is not just some evil monster.  You've manipulated that stance into something contradictory and negative to suite your needs>

Again, I haven't ignored anything.  If anyone has ignored evidence it is you.  Any medical research is for $$$$ while the contrary evidence as you put it is obviously correct and without any other impure motivations.

I'm not trying to convicne anyone of anything.  I could care less what you think.  Your "discussions" on this board follow an eerily similar pattern.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#152 : March 10, 2008, 04:59:22 PM

Who has referred to the medical field as some "EVIL" monster?     

Seems that eerily shrill similar pattern of exaggeration is only you!

I likewise have stated several times that the medical field has made great breakthroughs.   

It would appear our only differences is I fail to see anything remotely critical about the medical or pharmaceutical industry by you?

Perhaps you can point out the post where you actually admit the medical and pharmaceutical industry have made some absolutely horrible health decisions for Americans?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#153 : March 10, 2008, 05:02:24 PM

http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Alzheimers/4-07-20Good.htm

Good Cholesterol May Keep Your Brain Working

Hypertension and diabetes medications might lower the risk and impact of Alzheimer's

July 20, 2004 - Higher levels of "good" cholesterol in middle age may help preserve brain function in later years, according to research reported today at The 9th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders (ICAD), presented by the Alzheimer's Association.

In addition, preliminary evidence was presented suggesting that some hypertension and diabetes medications might lower the risk and impact of Alzheimer's. And, a study showed that cardiovascular risk factors are associated with cognitive decline.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#154 : March 10, 2008, 05:28:33 PM

Olaf,

You seem to ignore several studies that show that those anti-depressants work mostly for the
severe cases. And in the other cases, it's only slightly better than a sugar pill.

Who here said that modern medicine isn't helping people? We're talking about drugs for the
most part.

Runole is the only one who has brought up surgeries. I think you should address your
problems with his posts to him. IMO.

I'm not ignoring anything. I know that there area cases of over medicating. I'm sure that the FDA and our politicians have many skeletons in their closets. I'm sure that some drugs some times end up doing more harm than good. Some on these threads are ignoring the positives.

There's one.  You want more.  You've gone on and on about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  You throw in a positive comment here and there and then go right back to the medical/pharmaceuticals and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 

Again I could care less your feelings.  You're the one preoccupied with my opinions and whether or not I can be convincing.

As for your pattern, it's simple...

Make comments (usually outlandish)
Make up or misconstrue "facts" to support said comments
Make condescending statements about those that have different opinions
Twist other's opinions into something they are not.
Mix in diversionary off topic comments.
Repeat.

;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#155 : March 10, 2008, 08:28:50 PM

Has anyone considered the possibility that the other countries in the world are healthier becuase:

*Longer vacations, shorter workdays, weekends off
*Becuase of less work days/hours ---> more oppurtunity for sleep, recreation and excersize.
*Eat anything they want but in controlled portions

Why are we being sold that medication can solve all our problems in this country?  Medication should be reserved for those that have no other way to improve their situation.

Lots of private medicine in this country and yet it is strained becuase of our backwards view on health.

Taking it one step further those who usually have a spirtitual foundation tend to be healtheir as well.  As a country we do not focus on that anymore either.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#156 : March 10, 2008, 10:17:08 PM

Olaf As usual the only one that is outlandish is you.    I realize you have a hard time comprehending much that I post given your silly extreme hatred towards me.

As usual like clockwork, it is you my silly friend that are prone to extreme exaggeration and outlandish statements.

I mention the extreme profits made by the pharmaceutical industry to which you state there in the business to make  outlandish money peddling their pills as some sort of justification whether the medications are dangerous or not.  Profit is not the primary function of medication.

Do you feel condescended upon?   Hmmmm?   Interesting..     Yeh! I want more!!  ROFLMAO!!   Tell me how just pharmaceuticals in hospitals alone are responsible for 250K deaths each year.   As joe has pointed out the medical community has more than just a few warts.

I do agree you aren't too convincing.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#157 : March 10, 2008, 10:19:14 PM

Has anyone considered the possibility that the other countries in the world are healthier becuase:

*Becuase of less work days/hours ---> more oppurtunity for sleep, recreation and excersize.

Why are we being sold that medication can solve all our problems in this country?  Medication should be reserved for those that have no other way to improve their situation.

Lots of private medicine in this country and yet it is strained becuase of our backwards view on health.

Taking it one step further those who usually have a spirtitual foundation tend to be healtheir as well.  As a country we do not focus on that anymore either.

Agree there are many things that should be emphasized over rushing to the doctor for the first snivel.

Resistance to antibiotics is becoming a very big problem in the US from the constant medication creating more virulent strains of disease.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#158 : March 10, 2008, 10:34:29 PM

Olaf As usual the only one that is outlandish is you. I realize you have a hard time comprehending much that I post given your silly extreme hatred towards me.

As usual like clockwork, it is you my silly friend that are prone to extreme exaggeration and outlandish statements.

I mention the extreme profits made by the pharmaceutical industry to which you state there in the business to make outlandish money peddling their pills as some sort of justification whether the medications are dangerous or not. Profit is not the primary function of medication.

Do you feel condescended upon? Hmmmm? Interesting.. Yeh! I want more!! ROFLMAO!! Tell me how just pharmaceuticals in hospitals alone are responsible for 250K deaths each year. As joe has pointed out the medical community has more than just a few warts.

I do agree you aren't too convincing.

As usual completely off topic ramblings mixed with made up "facts" and made up "comments" by posters who disagree with you..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#159 : March 11, 2008, 12:33:06 AM

You're dead on, ADW. Some just refuse to see it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#160 : March 11, 2008, 02:18:30 PM

Of topic rambling defined:  "As usual completely off topic ramblings mixed with made up "facts" and made up "comments" by posters who disagree with you.."

Thanks for the confirmation!!!
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tom Cruise Was Right « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools