Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players I'd like to see released or traded « previous next »
Page: 1

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

: October 08, 2006, 09:30:00 PM

OK, Looking into 2007 season I'd like to see our FO make a move on these players by either releasing them or trading them; Regardless, we need to improve in these areas and I'd like to see an explosive player:

1. K Walker
2. Booger McFarland
3. Antony Becht
4. Mark Jones
5. Jermaine Phillips

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 09:34:00 PM

I am glad we kept Cash.

His ST play versus Reggie was amazing.  Amazingly bad.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 09:38:41 PM

I agree with those four. 

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 08, 2006, 09:39:35 PM

can you please add Phillips to that list? 

I thought Jones has been playing well.  With all the really bad Punt Returners we've had in previous years [including Brown] I'm ok with him ... for now.  Show me a valid replacement and I'll be ok with it.

simms22

Second String

#4 : October 08, 2006, 09:44:33 PM

we definitelyt need to find some DT help through the draft IMO... Booger isnt cutting it.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#5 : October 08, 2006, 09:45:59 PM

Unless Brooks retires voluntarily and like the professional he is. I see him getting released. He IS a hall of famer already. They must move on. The lack of speed in our LB core is killing us.

Winborn/ Ruud / Nece

bOOm

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#6 : October 08, 2006, 09:59:23 PM

Definately Phillips is trade bait. I edited and added him on.

rombarrone

Starter

#7 : October 08, 2006, 10:04:53 PM

I don't think released or traded should be the list. RETIRE should be the list. Lets face it, the age of our D has finally caught up to itself. In my opinion, clean house. Free up some cap room. Make smart trades and. Suck it up for another year in 2007 which will be just as bad as this one and use that time to rebuild. The unfortunate part is that we should have done it this year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 08, 2006, 10:07:56 PM

I don't think released or traded should be the list. RETIRE should be the list. Lets face it, the age of our D has finally caught up to itself. In my opinion, clean house. Free up some cap room. Make smart trades and. Suck it up for another year in 2007 which will be just as bad as this one and use that time to rebuild. The unfortunate part is that we should have done it this year.
No way we cut/release him.  But his playing time should go down a bit, and see if it's just lost speed or lost endurance.  But you still need him in, he's got something that you can't replace.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#9 : October 08, 2006, 10:12:50 PM

No we are not releasing or trading Brooks, Rice, Q or Barber, they are here to play and retire as Bucs. We do need to bring fresh faces here that will carry their torch onto a new legacy. That we should do. We do need to rid ourselves of these useless baggage players that are not carrying any weight and bring in bad ass explosive players that will reignite our once prominent D.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2006, 10:28:25 PM

Cut the playing time of Brooks, Rice, Barber, bench McFarland.  Let the kids show us what they have and use our vets to bring them up to speed. That'll give us a better idea of who can and cannot play.  Plus by resting the vets...they'll play better.  Time to treat them the same way we treat Galloway.  It worked for him.  May work for some of the D guys. Then next year, retire Alstott (We were too nice this year to keep him, but I can't complain. I would have done the same).  Get a tandem RB for Caddy.  Move Pittman somewhere (?). Get some Free Agent defenses.  Here's my wish list.  All the Bears' D! Or at least one of them.  Mr. Nasty up the Middle!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 22, 2014, 10:20:34 AM

I agree with the OP.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 22, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

Why, just why? This bump was needless.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 22, 2014, 12:50:32 PM

This had to be a mistake?

HOOOOOOOO!!!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players I'd like to see released or traded « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools