Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 1st round busts « previous next »
Page: 1

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: February 28, 2008, 02:16:09 PM

Mine based on the current NFLDC mock:

Matt Ryan
Sedrick Ellis
Jeff Otah
Aqib Talib
Kentwan Balmer
Malcolm Kelly
Felix Jones
DeSean Jackson

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 28, 2008, 02:28:23 PM

Off your list I'd have to choose Balmer (one year wonder?) and Jones (don't have a real good reason besides he played behind McFadden)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 28, 2008, 02:39:33 PM

does that mean the team they're going to impacts the chances of them being a bust?  or is it a bust based on draft order/position? 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dm4bucs

Starter
#3 : February 28, 2008, 03:29:46 PM

I think it has alot to do with the team they get selected to, but at the same thing i think some guys are getting over-rated b/c of a shallow class or one good year of production like balmer.  I think Ryan, Talib, and jones might be over-rated based on draft hype that comes about every year around this time.  Based on combine i think Ellis might be a little more down to earth than the reports from the senior bowl had everyone thinking or he just is much better in actual game action then in drills.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 28, 2008, 03:33:15 PM

I'd say whoever Oakland drafts=bust.  Atlanta and Detroit too.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 28, 2008, 03:33:31 PM

does that mean the team they're going to impacts the chances of them being a bust? or is it a bust based on draft order/position?
No. I'm just using this mock to set my pool of potential players. The players don't have to go to those specific teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 28, 2008, 03:38:06 PM

I'd say whoever Oakland drafts=bust.  Atlanta and Detroit too.

Srsly I kind of feel that way as well.  A franchise can kill a player that would have otherwise been good if not great.  I think this is especially true of QBs. 

That said, some guys are just good enough to overcome and some guys are just going to ruin themselves not matter how great of a team they luck out and get drafted by.

But certainly who drafts you can massively influence your success.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 28, 2008, 03:43:08 PM

does that mean the team they're going to impacts the chances of them being a bust? or is it a bust based on draft order/position?
No. I'm just using this mock to set my pool of potential players. The players don't have to go to those specific teams.

You understand were I was going though. The other post and I seem of like minds on the bust potential being greatly influenced by the team that drafts them.

Anyway,  how many games did you watch Ryan play?  ACC fan?

If he goes to ATL all bets are off, but I can't figure out what people are looking at... no wait that's wrong I know what the Ryan = bust folks are looking at the int  stat, what I've yet to find is someone who actually watched him play who thinks he'll be a bust.  He's definitely a popular bust pick this year though.  Lots of NFL guys who don't watch college.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 28, 2008, 03:44:17 PM

I'd say whoever Oakland drafts=bust. Atlanta and Detroit too.

i agree those franchises ruin players especially oakland

Bucs used to be on that list.

How 'bout arizona?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 28, 2008, 03:48:42 PM

If he goes to ATL all bets are off, but I can't figure out what people are looking at... no wait that's wrong I know what the Ryan = bust folks are looking at the int stat, what I've yet to find is someone who actually watched him play who thinks he'll be a bust. He's definitely a popular bust pick this year though. Lots of NFL guys who don't watch college.
I won't profess to be an expert on Ryan, but looking at draft history QB's have an excpetionally high bust rate so I'm really just playing the percentages. Between him and Brohm (the only 1st round QB's), it's pretty easy to say one of them will suck so I rolled the dice with Ryan.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 28, 2008, 03:53:31 PM

If he goes to ATL all bets are off, but I can't figure out what people are looking at... no wait that's wrong I know what the Ryan = bust folks are looking at the int stat, what I've yet to find is someone who actually watched him play who thinks he'll be a bust. He's definitely a popular bust pick this year though. Lots of NFL guys who don't watch college.
I won't profess to be an expert on Ryan, but looking at draft history QB's have an excpetionally high bust rate so I'm really just playing the percentages. Between him and Brohm (the only 1st round QB's), it's pretty easy to say one of them will suck so I rolled the dice with Ryan.

yeah play the odds. Not a bad way to go. Plus the ints on the stat sheet do look bad on the stat sheet.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 1st round busts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools