Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Test Market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 30, 2006, 12:53:47 PM

Thanks for that update OBF! If he wants to be here he probably will be here. Why lie about wanting to be here, it would only hinder him getting more $$$ from the Bucs because they KNOW he wants to be here.

I don't know anything except that if Simms is signed there is no shot we draft a QB unless Quinn or Smith are there in R2 and I don't think that will happen.

Baghead #2

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 30, 2006, 01:00:08 PM

Simms actually thinks hes done enough in the past season, including  mid last season and first four games this season? What a joke he should have been happy Tampa even wanted him back, if Tampa was smart they

should

have made a clause in the contract stating to him that if he looks elsewhere and decides to stay in Tampa they should deduct half of his original signing amount.    >:(

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 30, 2006, 01:08:24 PM

Simms actually thinks hes done enough in the past season, including  mid last season and first four games this season? What a joke he should have been happy Tampa even wanted him back, if Tampa was smart they should have made a clause in the contract stating to him that if he looks elsewhere and decides to stay in Tampa they should deduct half of his original signing amount. >:(

Understand your frustration, but that type of business practice would have a negative effect down the road when dealing with any free agents.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#33 : November 30, 2006, 01:14:41 PM

There's an outside chance Troy Smith will be there in the second round. Looking at the top Qbs:

Brady Quinn
Brian Brohm
Drew Stanton
JeMarcus Russell (if he declares)

It is within reason to believe he could still be there in the second round.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#34 : November 30, 2006, 03:52:55 PM

Guess that means exactly what I was hoping for. GRAD = Future! I can't figure out why there is such hatred for this kid, who by the way is performing better than 95% of first-year rookies do.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 30, 2006, 04:35:39 PM

Guess that means exactly what I was hoping for. GRAD = Future! I can't figure out why there is such hatred for this kid, who by the way is performing better than 95% of first-year rookies do.

How a rookie performs in their first year as little bearing on their careers.  Basically it is way to early to declare Grads a bust or boom.  I think he has shown a good understanding of the offense and little glimpses that he can potentially be a good WCO QB.  On the other hand I can see why some are very concerned about his deep ball accuracy.

Like Simms last season Grads are shown good progression thus far, but he is a longway off earning the starters spot.  All Buccs fans should be hoping he continues to improve because he might just be the best shot at winning next year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 30, 2006, 05:04:50 PM

Simms actually thinks hes done enough in the past season, including  mid last season and first four games this season? What a joke he should have been happy Tampa even wanted him back, if Tampa was smart they should
have made a clause in the contract stating to him that if he looks elsewhere and decides to stay in Tampa they should deduct half of his original signing amount.    >:(
Don't be surprised he thinks that.  Remember on draft day he bailed out on his draft party to go pout because he thought he should have been selected in the first round...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#37 : November 30, 2006, 05:31:40 PM

Please dont resign simms, take another route or something, he is no the answer, he is part of the problem

BucsAddict

Starter

#38 : November 30, 2006, 05:34:07 PM

Simms actually thinks hes done enough in the past season, including mid last season and first four games this season? What a joke he should have been happy Tampa even wanted him back, if Tampa was smart they should
have made a clause in the contract stating to him that if he looks elsewhere and decides to stay in Tampa they should deduct half of his original signing amount. >:(
Don't be surprised he thinks that. Remember on draft day he bailed out on his draft party to go pout because he thought he should have been selected in the first round...

lol such vitriol.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

#39 : November 30, 2006, 05:36:17 PM

Simms actually thinks hes done enough in the past season, including  mid last season and first four games this season? What a joke he should have been happy Tampa even wanted him back, if Tampa was smart they

should

have made a clause in the contract stating to him that if he looks elsewhere and decides to stay in Tampa they should deduct half of his original signing amount. >:(

ya what an azz hoping to make more money and be assured a starting spot somewhere else. He should be happy if we give him the starting waterboy spot! amirite?!

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 01, 2006, 02:10:57 AM

Please dont resign simms, take another route or something, he is no the answer, he is part of the problem
Really! I mean he has really stunk up the joint the last 8 games!

Why yes he did--are you finally getting it now??? He was 3-5 in his last 8 games with 5TD's and 11 INT's-- I'ld call that stinking up the joint--you???

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : December 01, 2006, 02:15:25 AM

He hasn't played the Bucs last 8 games, Sherlock!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#42 : December 01, 2006, 02:19:21 AM

I thought you meant his last eight games -- kind of funny the rookie has the same record as the guy with 4 years and has more Td's and less INT's--- thanks sherlock for pointing out the other reason not to sign him. Whats that say for Simms when he had the #1 defense backing his crappy play for 5 of those games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 01, 2006, 02:20:52 AM

Simms 15 games in 4 years versus deeeper talent pool

Gradkowski 8 games in rook year versus ABSOLUTELY NO depth

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#44 : December 01, 2006, 02:27:14 AM

Simms second string started when Griese went down-- as a starter here is 6-9 with 12 passing Td's and 16 INT's and thats with 12 of those starts with a top 5 defense and the majority with a #1 defense. And in his first year as the named starter he completely flaked.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Test Market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools