Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR DJ Hackett visit scheduled « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« #15 : February 29, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »

Ronde I can see him as a 2 but not a 1, at least not yet. Although one of the Seattle games I watched last year he had 8 or so receptions and they targeted him 4-5 other times as well. Regardless, as I've said many times I really want to bring this guy in. If we can somehow snag a legit number one WR to play along side JG this year, with Hackett, Hilliard, Clayton, and Warren filling out the rest of our WR core, we could be quite dangerous this year. Especially with our new center and possible new TE (Crumpler).

I agree man, and I have a feeling Hilliard will be released. I love what he brinsg but we need to make room for Stovall and CLayton to be the 3 and 4 WRs. Too many slow guys, someone has to guy. I keep the 2 upside guys, one who has a history of success and is a great blocker and the other gives us height and big play ability on jump balls. SIgn a #2 like Hackett and we are set with our top 4, Hilliard goes elsewhere next year. Crumpler would give us the ifnal weapon we would need, other than maybe a 2nd RB for a dual backfield. Crumpler, Galloway + Hackett = big plays

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #16 : February 29, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »

Hackett's agent, Kevin Robinson, told PewterReport.com that he has had contact with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but does not have a visit lined up with the team at this time. He believes the Bucs are looking at other players more closely than his client although he does believe there is some level of interest in Hackett with Tampa Bay.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #17 : February 29, 2008, 02:21:23 AM »

I'm surprised you think that way regarding Hilliard. I consider him to be a big time Gruden guy. IMO he isn't going anywhere.

« #18 : February 29, 2008, 02:24:04 AM »

thanks for the up to the  minute updates. I expect to hear when Crump farts or Colerman pulls the "do you know who I am" line to Bruce ALlen.

Ia g ree iwth you escobar. But did you see the playoff game? It looked like GARBAGE when Galloway was a nonfactor. Do you want to see Stovall ride pine for another year? Hilliard is a championship type player, but I thin k with the makeup of our roster he doesnt have a place on the team. Its GREAT to have a Ike Hilliard, when you dont have several other heavy footed WRs

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 29, 2008, 02:29:00 AM »

True Ronde, I think the key here is to snag that top flight WR we all know we desperately need. The rest of the pieces will then fall into place. Clayton just said on ESPN (well it was probably said much earlier this evening) that he expects most of the major FA's to be signed AND several big trades to all go down by Monday. Let's hope Ocho Cinco is playing on the same team as Faine by then.

« #20 : February 29, 2008, 02:32:42 AM »

Yea, that would be great. I think center was equally as important as WR, and a step below UT as far as priority goes, so Im happy so far

« #21 : February 29, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »

i want berrian more than i do hackett

i want hackett more than i do berrian.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR DJ Hackett visit scheduled « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools