Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Bucs Sign C Jeff Faine To A Multi-Year Deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 29, 2008, 01:12:03 AM

From TampaBay.com: http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/02/jeff-faine-boun.html

Jeff Faine bound for Tampa

The Bucs have wasted no time in addressing one of their biggest needs at the outset of free agency.

The Times has learned New Orleans free agent center Jeff Faine has agreed to a multi-year contract that should make him the league's highest-paid player at the position, providing the Bucs with a long-term solution at a position they had targeted for an upgrade.

Faine was expected to be one of the most intriguing offensive linemen available, which would explain why the Bucs are willing to open the coffers to get him. His deal will surpass those of Cleveland's LeCharles Bentley and Chicago's Olin Kruetz, currently the league's highest-paid centers.

The Bucs opted not to offer former starter John Wade a contract and seemed determined to address the position through free agency. Still, there were few indications before now that they had any intention of pursuing Faine with any zeal. But with $44-million in salary-cap space available, the Bucs had the luxury of signing a high-priced player like Faine while still leaving room to negotiate with many other free agents.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 29, 2008, 01:13:19 AM

you beat me to it nice!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 29, 2008, 01:13:51 AM

Solid pickup. Jeff Faine is a good center.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 29, 2008, 01:14:15 AM

I like Faine, he's an upgrade. But not the "highest paid OC in the league" of an upgrade...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 29, 2008, 01:14:20 AM

Oh hell yeah!!  ;D

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 29, 2008, 01:14:26 AM

Holy smokes....I was just snoozing away and dreamed up that the Bucs signed a new Center. Back to sleep.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

noopy2237

Starter
#6 : February 29, 2008, 01:14:44 AM

Holy crap, highest paid center.

JERZYBUCFAN

Rookie

#7 : February 29, 2008, 01:15:59 AM

yeahhhhhh! finally....

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 29, 2008, 01:16:24 AM

Now this is the type of signing I was talking about, DTG your theory of us not signing any big name FA's has taken a major blow right from the start.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 29, 2008, 01:16:56 AM

Great signing.. 

This is finally the center we desperatly need..

Asante and Crumpler next..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 29, 2008, 01:23:41 AM

Now this is the type of signing I was talking about, DTG your theory of us not signing any big name FA's has taken a major blow right from the start.

Huh? You consider Faine a "big splash" free agent?

He fills a huge need for us and is one of the best FA's available this year. He may not be Samuel, but he is definitely more than the scraps you seemed to insinuate we were going to go after.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 29, 2008, 01:17:13 AM

Well, you've got to overpay these days, even to get a guy who is a pretty decent OC. Saints fans aren't sad to see him go, they described him exactly as Bucs fans describe Wade.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 29, 2008, 01:17:43 AM

Huh? You consider Faine a "big splash" free agent?

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 29, 2008, 01:18:22 AM

Great signing by the Bucs.

Now go get a WR and a DE so i can go to bed..

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 29, 2008, 01:19:27 AM

Well, we had a lot of money and now we have 3 younger guys up the middle. He's an upgrade over Wade for sure, but I don't like the fact that he's now the highest paid center in the league...he wasn't that good. But, I'd rather over spend a little and fill a huge need than not get a C.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Bucs Sign C Jeff Faine To A Multi-Year Deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools