Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Bucs Sign C Jeff Faine To A Multi-Year Deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 29, 2008, 01:19:44 AM

Reply #15 Posted: 02/28/2008 11:40:12 pm

We will grab a total of four I believe which will be:

Offense - Bernard Berrian & Jeff Faine

Defense - Justin Smith and Lance Briggs

Well, I am 1 out of 4 for the night so far!!  ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 29, 2008, 01:20:45 AM

Well, I am 1 out of 4 for the night so far!!

So far, so good.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 29, 2008, 01:21:04 AM

He is 2nd on Espn's Olinemen  top FA'S behind Faneca.. 

Upgrade over Wade for sure..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 29, 2008, 01:25:28 AM

C'mon DTG, this guy is one of the top centers in the league free agent or not, so major kudos for tonight so far!!  ;D

ColoBuc

Practice Squad
#19 : February 29, 2008, 01:26:08 AM

From ESPN:

The free-agent center class is led by fifth-year veteran Faine from New Orleans. He is a top competitor, a good athlete and very smart. He is not quite as big as you'd like but compensates with a natural sense of leverage and really excels when he is surrounded by two large guards.

#20 : February 29, 2008, 01:26:17 AM

does anyone else remember him being lousy in Cleveland?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 29, 2008, 01:26:54 AM

He may not be Samuel, but he is definitely more than the scraps you seemed to insinuate we were going to go after.

I never said anything about "scraps". The Bucs FA plans for this year are as they have been over the past few years.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 29, 2008, 01:27:31 AM

No, and wasn't he taken high in the draft as well 5 years ago??

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 29, 2008, 01:27:36 AM

The question now is what do we do with Buenning? I mean besides the obvious role of back up guard/center. The guy may have been our best lineman in 05 and now there doesn't seem to be a spot for him.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 29, 2008, 01:28:07 AM

Guards+++ Meaning Sears and Joseph...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 29, 2008, 01:29:12 AM

From ESPN:

The free-agent center class is led by fifth-year veteran Faine from New Orleans. He is a top competitor, a good athlete and very smart. He is not quite as big as you'd like but compensates with a natural sense of leverage and really excels when he is surrounded by two large guards.

Well, he surely has 2 big guards next to him now...lol. Hopefully he will be the upgrade we need up the middle.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 29, 2008, 01:29:38 AM

He may not be Samuel, but he is definitely more than the scraps you seemed to insinuate we were going to go after.

I never said anything about "scraps". The Bucs FA plans for this year are as they have been over the past few years.

Well that's not entirely true DTG, we just overpaid for a guy we really wanted, when was the last time we did that? Last year we don't make this deal IMO.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : February 29, 2008, 01:29:48 AM

The question now is what do we do with Buenning? I mean besides the obvious role of back up guard/center. The guy may have been our best lineman in 05 and now there doesn't seem to be a spot for him.

That's the same question that I have.  Now that we've made Jeff Faine the highest paid center in the league, it's unlikey that he and Dan Buenning would be competing for the starting job.  I guess Buenning will be the back-up center for now unless we re-sign Matt Lehr.

STRICK-9

Starter

#28 : February 29, 2008, 01:30:46 AM

Now this is the type of signing I was talking about, DTG your theory of us not signing any big name FA's has taken a major blow right from the start.

Huh? You consider Faine a "big splash" free agent?

DTG....I generally love your posts but for the past few weeks you sound like BornaBuc.  Yes, Faine is a great signing.  We get an ntelligent Center that is fairly young and although similar in size to Wade, he's much stronger and a better snapper out of the shotgun.  We needed to improve this position and maybe we overspent a little but atleast we got our guy.  Personally, I would have gambled on Newberry and drafted Alex Mack from Cal or Antoine Caldwell from AL next year.

Now all we need is Rod Coleman and DeWayne Robertson to clean up the middle of our D-Line and I'm a happy camper.

Oh, I forgot.  Draft Stewart, Trevor Laws, Donnie Avery and Charles Godfrey

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 29, 2008, 01:30:57 AM

C'mon DTG, this guy is one of the top centers in the league free agent or not, so major kudos for tonight so far!!  ;D

Hey, ok. If Jeff Faine is all it takes to get you guys excited, then very honestly I'm right there with you! As I said before, Faine's an upgrade (at least a moderate upgrade) at the position and a player that I like.

But Faine's name hasn't been bantered about much as one of the "Tiger Woods" free agents. He's the same sort of FA the Bucs have been interested in the past few seasons. I figured that a Faine signing would have been a letdown for most of the fans who have such high hopes for a "big splash" this year.

So color me a little impressed that Faine has folks pumped up.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Bucs Sign C Jeff Faine To A Multi-Year Deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools