Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 9 of 13 for 83 yards « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 09:19:07 AM

The Rat threw vs a prevent defense. His stats mean zippo.

Exactly.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:18:34 AM

The Rat threw vs a prevent defense. His stats mean zippo.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 08:08:11 AM

Atlanta had not prepared for Rattay. That can make a HUUUUUUGE difference.

Game film is the Gradkowski lovers best ally. When Gradkowski gets worse its because they are getting more film on him when another QB does decent its because they didnt watch any film. Its also hard to know whether or not Atlanta studied film because after the Pittsburgh game it became a strong possibility that Rattay might come in if Grad continued to struggle.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2006, 08:03:50 AM

I don't know.  It seemed to me that the Falcons were in a prevent defense and that even so, Rattay was lucky he didnt get any of his receivers killed the way he was throwing those passes.  I'm not saying that he isn't necessarily going to do better than Grads did, just that the stats don't necessarily tell the whole story as to how well the team would have done with him at the helm for four quarters.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 11, 2006, 08:02:13 AM

Atlanta had not prepared for Rattay. That can make a HUUUUUUGE difference.

#5 : December 11, 2006, 08:01:55 AM

Surely you aren't trying to grade Rattay on stats accumulated in garbage time?

panchovilla

Rookie

#6 : December 11, 2006, 08:02:01 AM

What's funny is that's all Gradkowski has excelled in is garbage time and everyone was saying he should start, well look at him now  ;D

It's the WCO offense and Rattay came from the heart and soul of it in San Fran. It must have been like riding a bike for him. I'm baffled that we'd pay so much for him not to play him. They guy can play when the real bullets fly, no matter what SR and Dumig saw in training camp.                   ::)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 11, 2006, 07:59:39 AM

I believe the Bucs would have won the game if Rattay had started it. His performance demonstrated just how inept Gradkowski is. He was decisive, accurate, and professional. He knew what he was doing. I'm not saying he's a long term solution, just that he is miles ahead of Gradkowski. I suspect that McCown is too. If Gradkowski was showing signs of improvement, it would be one thing, but he's not. His is a case of too much, too soon, and Gruden seemingly destroys his own QBs. Somehow he manages to make a bell curve out of their production. Johnson, Griese, and Simms, have all struggled, had some measure of success, and then died under his leadership. I doubt that Gradkowski will do anything impressive with Gruden.

I know the season is in the toilet. I still would rather see the Bucs win out than get the first pick in the draft. I would like to see McCown in action just to have some idea if he might be worth keeping around. Simms is as good as gone IMO, as is Rattay. Gradkowski is not a player Gruden will stake his job on next season. We need to see what McCown can do. I really have no interest in seeing the last gasp of Brett Favre as a Buccaneer.

Whatever happens this offseason will be an improvement.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 11, 2006, 12:21:51 PM

Same D that Gradkowski faced.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 11, 2006, 12:24:06 PM

Guys it was a 2 score game, the defense was doing nothing. We had 6 points up on the board and had 2 feet of total offense going into the 4th quarter. Do you think the falcons were blitzing and trying to embarass us, nope. They were laying back doing nada on defense...

Baghead #2

#10 : December 11, 2006, 12:24:46 PM

Same D that Gradkowski faced.
in personell only

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 11, 2006, 12:37:47 PM

I dont think it matters who starts against the Bears.   He will look bad.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : December 11, 2006, 12:45:12 PM

I dont think it matters who starts against the Bears. He will look bad.

I agree, i dont even think im going to watch the next game, unless somehow we pull out the win but I highly doubt that

I think Grads should start the next game, since all the rest of the games are garbage games and let rattay take over 2nd half

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 11, 2006, 12:47:47 PM

I agree, i dont even think im going to watch the next game, unless somehow we pull out the win but I highly doubt that

I think Grads should start the next game, since all the rest of the games are garbage games and let rattay take over 2nd half

I'm with you.   For the first time in my life, I'm not interested in watching the Bucs games.   If we had Simms, it would be much more interesting.   Neither Grads nor Rattay are the answer.   I feel like we're not even an NFL team with those guys at QB.   Even during the worst years ever, we always had a Testaverde, Dilfer or other big QB who was at least exciting to watch.   

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 11, 2006, 12:58:29 PM

RATTAY SUCKS! Period...end of story...he's not the answer. He's not the guy we want starting next year. So why put him in? You can argue McCown because he's also young and inexperienced and it might be nice to see what he can do...but why put in a vetran who couldn't beat out Gradkowski in the preseason and couldn't stay with the 49ers, and has never done anything in the NFL? He really has only had 1 year where he threw more TDs than INTs (other than one season where he had 2 TDs and no INTs filling in during 4 games for Steve Young). He also has gotten worse in every year since that one season.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 9 of 13 for 83 yards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools