Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton at safety? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« : November 30, 2006, 10:35:18 PM »

He doesn't have the hands to play safety.

LOL!   Sad, but true.

What's really sad is neither does Phillips and we replaced Lynch with him - LOL

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 30, 2006, 10:31:10 PM »

LOL!   Sad, but true.

« #2 : November 30, 2006, 10:25:45 PM »

I'm sorry BTownBucFan, but something so true as that is not a joke...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 30, 2006, 10:23:54 PM »

I say we re-sign Larry Brackins to play safety ... the guys a versatile stud that can play all the positions including punter, kicker, and water boy. - for the new folks ... this is only a joke

« #4 : November 30, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »

the great thing about him is that he's so versatile...oh...wait...

Booger

Starter

« #5 : November 30, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »

Wasn't there an article a while back that mentioned a team wanted to take Michael Clayton in the first round to play safety (Denver maybe)?

With all of the talk (backed up by Clayton's play) of releasing/trading him, why not give him a try on the other side of the ball? 

« #6 : November 30, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

I think it was Frisco that wanted him at Safety.

« #7 : November 30, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

Wasn't there an article a while back that mentioned a team wanted to take Michael Clayton in the first round to play safety (Denver maybe)?

With all of the talk (backed up by Clayton's play) of releasing/trading him, why not give him a try on the other side of the ball? 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  :)

Sactobuc

Starter

« #8 : November 30, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »

If his cuts on routes are slow, how good can his reaction time be against the likes of a Tory Holt or Steve Smith, etc....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Booger

Starter

« #9 : November 30, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »

If his cuts on routes are slow, how good can his reaction time be against the likes of a Tory Holt or Steve Smith, etc....

Better than Phillips?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 01, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »

That's made me sick since it happened.   Not only does Phillips have bad hands, every other aspect of his game is weak.   This may have been Lynch's last season, but he's still better than Phillips.   

« #11 : December 01, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

I say we re-sign Larry Brackins to play safety ... the guys a versatile stud that can play all the positions including punter, kicker, and water boy. - for the new folks ... this is only a joke

Since you guys love to bring that up so much here and think I was just pulling it out of my $#% is some info about LB playing KR/S

Buccaneers.com
2004: Started all 12 games and led the team with a career-high 56 catches for 1,114 yards (19.9 avg.) and 11 touchdowns… Returned 22 punts for 386 yards (17.5 avg.) and three touchdowns… Also saw action as free safety and had one interception… Caught two balls for 47 yards and a score, and also had a 79-yard punt return for a touchdown

USA TODAY
Brackins added 386 yards and three scores on 22 punt returns (17.5 average) and also saw time on defense as a free safety, returning an interception 38 yards while leading the team to the national title

Buccaneers.com
During one offseason workout, Brackins was working on the punt-return unit, lining up helmet-to-helmet against a gunner on the outside. As the player burst off the line, Brackins' long arms jammed him to the turf with stunning ease. The collision got the attention of coaches and teammates. "I was like, 'Go ahead, big boy!' " cornerback Juran Bolden said. "You could see he came out here with something to prove. Looked kind of familiar

So laugh all you want about my post about Larry being a versitile player...but as you see he played these positions in college and was good at them.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #12 : December 01, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

Since you guys love to bring that up so much here and think I was just pulling it out of my $#% is some info about LB playing KR/S

Buccaneers.com
2004: Started all 12 games and led the team with a career-high 56 catches for 1,114 yards (19.9 avg.) and 11 touchdowns… Returned 22 punts for 386 yards (17.5 avg.) and three touchdowns… Also saw action as free safety and had one interception… Caught two balls for 47 yards and a score, and also had a 79-yard punt return for a touchdown

USA TODAY
Brackins added 386 yards and three scores on 22 punt returns (17.5 average) and also saw time on defense as a free safety, returning an interception 38 yards while leading the team to the national title

Buccaneers.com
During one offseason workout, Brackins was working on the punt-return unit, lining up helmet-to-helmet against a gunner on the outside. As the player burst off the line, Brackins' long arms jammed him to the turf with stunning ease. The collision got the attention of coaches and teammates. "I was like, 'Go ahead, big boy!' " cornerback Juran Bolden said. "You could see he came out here with something to prove. Looked kind of familiar

So laugh all you want about my post about Larry being a versitile player...but as you see he played these positions in college and was good at them.

The problem with their little joke is that it isn't funny, it's stupid.

At the best, Brackins is a talented guy who just doesn't have the intellegence to make it in the NFL. At the worst, he was a college scrub who got a lot of hype and we burned a pick on.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 02, 2006, 12:07:15 AM »

That's made me sick since it happened.   Not only does Phillips have bad hands, every other aspect of his game is weak.   This may have been Lynch's last season, but he's still better than Phillips.   
THat's what happens when you replace a vet with a young guy; you can't be sure what you get.  Stuff like that is a big part of why you see us and other teams holding on to players past their prime, and youg guys having a hard time getting PT.  It's all the more reason to take advantage of a season like this and get the young guys some time.  The price of playing rookies is usually failure.  The reward is future success.  We've paid the price, lets start moving toward the reward...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 02, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »

I have brought this up before the site ever changed.

I would not mind seeing Clayton play safety.  He might reinvent himself, and it would not hurt...unless Clayton has a soft ego.

It is certainly not laughable, espescially given JPs foul performance...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton at safety? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools