Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: absence of RB visits « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 29, 2008, 04:22:09 PM

The absence of starting caliber RB visits along CB's has me thinking that the team plans on addressing both positions in the first two rounds of the draft.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 29, 2008, 04:23:55 PM

we have Earnest Graham and Michael Bennett.  We are also interested in Mewelde Moore and Aaron Stecker.  I think you will be dissapointed when the Bucs don't draft an RB.  Also don't forget Cadillac Williams career isn't over just yet.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 29, 2008, 04:24:58 PM

i think we are ok at RB but I wouldnt rule out CB in the draft. Florence would be a good fit here so dont assume too much too fast, we are still looking at it...

fanofdabucs

Second String

#3 : February 29, 2008, 04:25:06 PM

Could be the Bucs kind of like their starting RB? But I think they should look to the draft to get a speed back in the middle rounds.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 29, 2008, 04:25:47 PM

I think we will def draft a CB within the first 3 rounds...

Even if we sign Florence...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 29, 2008, 04:27:42 PM

Mewelde Moore is scheduled to visit.  If he were to sign, that would give us Graham, Bennett, Moore, and Darby?.  Not a big need (like DT) then.

Randall Gay is also in the mix at CB.

I do agree that CB could be a draft priority.  Also RB and CB are deep in this years draft.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : February 29, 2008, 04:31:20 PM

If we dont sign another back the bucs are def going rb in the first or second round

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 29, 2008, 04:33:14 PM

There are a lot of good RBs in the draft this season.  The Bucs and other teams may be waiting to see where the pieces land and who is left before paying big money to a backup RB.  CB is the same way.  The team will look for CBs they think fit the system and play like Barber.  If they dont find one they will look at the draft.  Those are two positions this draft seems to have a lot of.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 29, 2008, 04:33:53 PM

Again, I have to disagree...this team has bigger needs then RB.

Graham had a probowl caliber season, Bennett is decent, and Caddy(whom we spent a top 5 pick on) isn't done yet.  He may not play or be ready for next season, but I seriously doubt the Bucs will draft an RB and give up on Caddy already.

We have much bigger needs at CB and Defensive Line

escobar

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 29, 2008, 04:36:57 PM

Or it means the team is happy with Graham as the starter. And I agree.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 29, 2008, 04:37:52 PM

Graham had a probowl caliber season

I agree that we have bigger needs but disagree with this statement. No way he had a probowl type season

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 29, 2008, 04:38:06 PM

Graham had a probowl caliber season, Bennett is decent, and Caddy(whom we spent a top 5 pick on) isn't done yet.  He may not play or be ready for next season, but I seriously doubt the Bucs will draft an RB and give up on Caddy already.

Drafting a RB isn't about giving up on Caddy.  It is about making sure your team is ready for next season.  If Caddy comes back he will have to prove himself all over agian.  You can not afford to wait 2 seasons and hope Caddy is going to be back.  The team has to worry about itself and next season.  You can not go into next season with Graham and Bennet.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 29, 2008, 04:40:42 PM

Graham had a probowl caliber season, Bennett is decent, and Caddy(whom we spent a top 5 pick on) isn't done yet.  He may not play or be ready for next season, but I seriously doubt the Bucs will draft an RB and give up on Caddy already.

Drafting a RB isn't about giving up on Caddy.  It is about making sure your team is ready for next season.  If Caddy comes back he will have to prove himself all over agian.  You can not afford to wait 2 seasons and hope Caddy is going to be back.  The team has to worry about itself and next season.  You can not go into next season with Graham and Bennet.

And why can't we go into next season with Graham and Bennett? Those two received the majority of the carries and we finished 11th in rushing. To me it sounds not only possible but smart that we go into next season with Graham and Bennett.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 29, 2008, 04:43:34 PM

Because Graham and Bennet didn't have the majority of the carries last season.  I believe that Garaham lead the team followed by Pittman.  We didn't see much of Bennet because the coaches were not sure if he could block and he hadn't learned the playbook.  Will he pick it up this season?  Maybe, that doesn't change the fact that you can not roll with 2 RBs on your roster.  What would have happened last season if we only had Caddy and Pitt on the roster? 

You have to add another RB either threw FA or the draft.  Graham also isn't here long term yet.  Will they extend his contract?  Maybe if he shows he wasn't a one hit wonder. 

Also did you read my post about "rolling" cap space over on the other thread?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 29, 2008, 04:51:58 PM

Because Graham and Bennet didn't have the majority of the carries last season.  I believe that Garaham lead the team followed by Pittman.  We didn't see much of Bennet because the coaches were not sure if he could block and he hadn't learned the playbook.  Will he pick it up this season?  Maybe, that doesn't change the fact that you can not roll with 2 RBs on your roster.  What would have happened last season if we only had Caddy and Pitt on the roster?  

You have to add another RB either threw FA or the draft.  Graham also isn't here long term yet.  Will they extend his contract?  Maybe if he shows he wasn't a one hit wonder.

Also did you read my post about "rolling" cap space over on the other thread?

Yes Buc I read it , thanks for posting. I was aware of the method BA used to roll over the cap, I basically just needed a refresher on how exactly the league deals with unused cap money the following year.

As far as our rb's go, Pittman was a very small reason we finished 11th in rushing last year, that was ALL Graham. I agree we might need more depth but don't forget about Darby.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: absence of RB visits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools