Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the love for Stallworth?? « previous next »
Page: 1

: February 29, 2008, 05:50:01 PM

You remember this punk from New Orleans?? He has a bad attitude and not all that good

The kid was slotted as a big time WR in NO when they were a good team and produced NOTHING

If we had a WR like TO or Moss it would be ok.

The kid is nothing more than a polished Alvin Harper. He had a great season last year mopping up for Moss and Welker.

Put him in the spotlight and he will crumble like he did in New Orleans...I say pass

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 29, 2008, 05:51:00 PM

He was decent for the eagles two years ago...

#2 : February 29, 2008, 05:53:03 PM

Was that after the Eagles had TO or during?

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#3 : February 29, 2008, 05:54:33 PM

After...he was their #1 option...when healthy!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

fanofdabucs

Second String

#4 : February 29, 2008, 06:01:59 PM

So he was so good they let him go?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 29, 2008, 06:03:16 PM

the kid had maturity issues as a rook, it happens...i'm sure the past few years have humbled him.  his chemistry with garcia was excellent, and nobody's asking him to catch 90 balls in this offense....we need a sure-handed speedster to open things up underneath, and he fits the bill.

and to classify the NO team (2002-2004) he was part of as "good" is a serious overestimation....they didn't make the playoffs once in that span and were led by the cerebral aaron brooks on offense.

i don't get the debates on here sometimes where folks separate into camps thinking there's one talismanic WR out there who will change everything....there's several guys who fit the job description, we just need someone who's enough of  a threat to allow us to play to the strengths of our bigger, more physical, but slower wideouts.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 29, 2008, 06:11:20 PM

he was good with the eagles...the reason he can't stick with a team is his injury issues...

Remember he was good with the eagles when Garcia was the QB as well, so that is a big reason I like the idea of stallworth...

I rather have Stallworth then DJ hackett, I will tell you that much.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 29, 2008, 06:12:45 PM

He and Jeff seemed to have a good connection in Philly.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 29, 2008, 06:31:11 PM

He and Jeff seemed to have a good connection in Philly.

Exactly.  I wonder if Garcia has put in a word for him?  He might not be the best WR but you have to respect that speed.  If we got him next to Galloway I could get open underneath.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 29, 2008, 06:34:14 PM

It might get interesting. I think he has a shot at signing with the vikings. They have..... NO ONE...

with AD in the backfield they could throw it over the top. Thats part of the reason they were interested in Bernard Berrian.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 29, 2008, 06:40:41 PM

i hope we sign him.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the love for Stallworth?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools