Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TE John Gilmore set to arrive « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 29, 2008, 11:20:54 PM

Can anyone name the big name, marquee FA the Bucs singed in 2002 prior to the SB year?  Would Pitt, JJ, or McCardell be about it?  Good but not Earth shattering names.  Not every FA signing or visit is a knock your socks off variety. 

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 29, 2008, 11:24:01 PM

49ers are the big winners today!

Just as they were last FA period and that got them a whole load of no where come the regular season.

That being said, I'm not sure what the Niners did today that is so outstanding.

Patience people my goodness.  The market is 24 hours old. 

They beat us last year. So why didn't FA do anything for them last year especially when they were better than the year before? I'm all ears...

I do know what the niners did and that's why I'm telling you that they were the winners.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 01, 2008, 01:08:53 AM

Koutovides and Gilmore and Hackett...SWEET!

Line up for the Superbowl photos!

Surely this is sarcasm Boid...but I never know with you. That's what makes you unique pal!

Don't like the start of FA for us, not aggressive enough period. I want Florence and Marcus Stroud, trade or whatever.

Maybe good players don't want to come to Tampa, because of...who knows, I'll keep that to myself for now.

49ers are the big winners today!
Surely it is sarcasm. 

And don't call me Shirley.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 01, 2008, 10:44:45 AM

Buccaneers | Team officially signs J. Gilmore
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:15:27 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed free-agent TE John Gilmore (Bears) to a three-year contract Saturday, March 1, after Gilmore passed his physical. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 01, 2008, 10:49:32 AM

They beat us last year. So why didn't FA do anything for them last year especially when they were better than the year before? I'm all ears...
I do know what the niners did and that's why I'm telling you that they were the winners.

They may have done better in 2007 than they did in 2006, but considering the amount of dollars they gave out last year during the FA period, subtle improvement was not their goal. 

And the Niners signed Justin Smith, Rossom, and Bruce.  Not a bad group, but nothing to write home about either.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : March 01, 2008, 10:55:51 AM

We could have used Rossom - at PR/KR alone.

As for Gilmore - he'll be among the preseason cuts.  Fodder, IMO.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 01, 2008, 10:58:02 AM

We could have used Rossom - at PR/KR alone.

As for Gilmore - he'll be among the preseason cuts.  Fodder, IMO.

Camp bodies aren't normally signed the first weekend of FA, particularly those that are signed to a multi year deal like Gilmore.  Just because he isn't a huge, known name doesn't mean he won't be effective at his role in Tampa.  He's replacing Becht as a blocking TE, something he did well in Chicago.  Very, very doubtful he's a cut this year unless the guy just can't pick up a blocking scheme which I doubt.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : March 01, 2008, 12:34:51 PM

Gilmore =/ Tiger Woods Free Agent

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 01, 2008, 12:44:05 PM

Do they have a airport parade waiting for Gilmore?

They had damn better have one!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TE John Gilmore set to arrive « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools